Notes to prospective clients (those needing to have an estate sale), when interviewing potential estate sale companies:
always ask to see links to their previous sales
ask if they take the time and effort to professionally display and present your items for sale
ask if they price every item which is for sale
ask for references from previous sales
There are "companies" out there who do not stage/display, do not price and do not operate professionally. Yet they still feel that they deserve a commission for merely standing inside your home to conduct the sale. You get what you pay for! See #4 & 5 below.
Ellicott City, MD, September 11 & 12: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Ellicott-City/21043/2954868
Baldwin, MD, September 18 & 19: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Baldwin/21013/3015792
- Timonium, MD, July 31 & August 1: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Lutherville-Timonium/21093/2957859
- Hampstead, June 19 & 20: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Hampstead/21074/2892516
- Kingsville, Part 2 May 29 & 30: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Kingsville/21087/2864301
- Towson/Stoneleigh, May 14 & 15: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Baltimore/21212/284784
- Kingsville, MD, May 1 & 2: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Kingsville/21087/273057
- Parkton, MD, April 24: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Parkton/21120/2857464
- Parkton, MD , April 17 & 18: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Parkton/21120/2839200
- Reisterstown, MD January 2 & 3: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Reisterstown/21136/2742657
- Kingsville, MD, January 9 & 10: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Kingsville/21087/2730576
- Timonium: October 24 & 25: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Lutherville-Timonium/21093/2686269
- Reisterstown, MD: October 3 & 4: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Reisterstown/21136/2650173
- Timonium, MD: Sept. 12 & 13: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Lutherville-Timonium/21093/2632119
- Baldwin, MD: August 29 & 30: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Baldwin/21013/2622555
- Timonium, MD: Sept. 12 & 13: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Lutherville-Timonium/21093/2632119
- Owings Mills, MD: August 15 & 16: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Owings-Mills/21117/2612100
- Loganville, PA: July 10, 11 & 12: https://www.estatesales.net/PA/Seven-Valleys/17360/2564415
- Bel Air, MD: July 18 & 19: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Bel-Air/21014/2553687
- Stevenson, MD: July 25 & 26: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Stevenson/21153/2503464
- York, PA: July 31, Aug. 1 & 2: https://www.estatesales.net/PA/York/17402/2581701
* NOTE: While it states that we have been a member on here since 2013, we have actually been handling estate sales on a full-time basis since 2009, just under a previous company name.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 2236.
We are the premiere estate sale company for Baltimore, Harford and Carroll Counties. We are truly located in Baltimore, MD. We know our immediate Baltimore market and our customer following is from the Baltimore market. Our home office is located in Sparks, MD 21152 and we handle sales throughout the area: Baltimore, Cockeysville, Bel Air, Reisterstown, Owings Mills, Hunt Valley, Hereford, Westminster, Dundalk, Catonsville, Towson, Perry Hall, Parkville, Timonium, Parkton, Glen Arm, Monkton, York PA... and most other areas. If your sale is in Baltimore/Harford/Carroll County or Baltimore City, our company is the one to choose. We know the people, neighborhoods and pricing!
In-home estate / tag sales are a stress free and convenient way of liquidating merchandise for various reasons: to settle a family estate; relocating from a house to an apartment or assisted-living space; bankruptcies or foreclosures; mergers and acquisitions and those who just want to start over.
Our estate / tag sales are an open house for antique buyers and dealers, collectors, decorators, bargain hunters seeking treasures to re-sell and casual shoppers out to purchase gently-used personal, home and/or office items for sale in a casual and friendly atmosphere. We do everything possible to make every sale a success by utilizing our vast advertising & marketing methods which lead to successful sales. There are no upfront costs to you. Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland handles over 40 estate / tag sales each year...we have the expertise and motivation to make your sale a huge success.
How Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland is different than other companies:
1. Experience: over 36 years experience in sales & marketing, have been handling estate sales for over 12 years as a full-time job and our team has extensive knowledge in antiques and collectibles.
2. Buyer base: we have a proprietary database of over 4300 email addresses of previous buyers at our sales.
3. Advertising: we heavily advertise your estate sale. We utilize multiple online sites and resources, extensive social media (Facebook/Twitter/NextDoor...) advertising, proprietary email database, professionally made road/directional signs & strategic marketing. Our online advertising reaches over 29,000 people/per sale and we average 300-500 Customers attending every one of our weekend sales. Unlike other companies, we always post well over 175 pictures of sale items and your sale is always listed for at least one week in advance of the sale date.
4. Professionalism: unlike a lot of other companies, we take the time to professionally set-up, stage, display and price each and every all sale which are for sale. Our photographs show the items neatly organized for easy access. We do not merely post pictures of the things where they lay on the floor in the attic or basement.
5. Accounting: unlike most companies, we record each and every sale, every item sold is accounted for and reported. After the sale, we enter the information into a spreadsheet and you will receive a sale summary showing the totals and an itemized report. Some smaller items may be listed as "misc. lots", only because they are small $1-2.00 items.
The first rule: Do not throw out or donate anything, almost everything is able to be sold by us.
Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland is a team with well over 40 years experience with antiques, collectibles, sales, marketing, artwork and estate & general sales. As a family-owned service, we have expertise in many specific areas: furniture, china, linens, artwork, glassware, rugs, silver, time pieces, tools, outdoor equipment and others. Our employees are experienced, courteous, considerate and highly proficient. Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland will take all the work and emotion out of handling your entire estate, while maximizing on time and revenue. Our previous customer email database contains over 4300 addresses and we average between 300-500 visitors at each of our sales. We average 2-3 estate sales each month, so we definitely have the desired experience. We are experts at organizing, staging, displaying, marketing and selling. We take the time and heavily advertise your sale for maximum exposure, attendance and sales. We post at least 175 pictures of your sale items and also list specific pieces individually. In addition to professionally printed street signs, posted at strategic intersections for maximum visibility.
There are many reasons why the family home may need to be sold and the possessions liquidated such as the death of a loved one, moving into assisted living, a "life changing" event with the need for a smaller residence or the need for professional health care, downsizing, foreclosure or moving.
There are several approaches, but it is a proven fact that an in-home estate sale is the best option for selling valued personal property (antiques, collectibles, art, jewelry, silver, crystal, china, furniture, rugs, etc.). Unlike sending your items to auction, there are no transportation or storage fees, we control the pricing not the buyers and you receive payment within one business week instead of waiting for a month or more. We know the market and price each item fairly, in order to earn the most for our Client, while ensuring that most items sell.
Families and executors need to take into consideration a number of important concerns:
TIME - it will take a considerable amount of time to organize a successful sale.
DETACHMENT - selling family heirlooms and memories can be very difficult.
PRICING - a wide range of knowledge will be needed to price antiques, art, collectibles, and every day household items.
EQUIPMENT - display cases, display shelving, tables and covers, packing materials, highly noticeable street signs, etc.
EXPERIENCE - knowledge of how to run a successful estate sale such as placing ads, times and days to hold the sale.
ENERGY - moving furniture, packing and unpacking boxes, arranging and pricing of items.
SELLING - being comfortable and knowledgeable negotiating with dealers, strangers, even neighbors and family.
Before the sale:
-We display and organize all the furniture and items for sale
-Every item is priced to obtain the highest fair market value attainable
-Research is conducted to substantiate our asking price
-All marketing and advertising is placed on your behalf
-Our advertising features pictures of items for sale and provides directions
-Advance notice is given via e-mail to our extensive database of previous customers, dealers, and designers
-Professional, custom directional signs are placed to guide buyers to the home
During the sale:
-Customers are greeted promptly by courteous staff
-Home is maintained and constantly "spruced up"
-All sales are recorded by our dedicated cashier
-Sold items are carefully removed from your home
-Counterfeit currency detectors are used by our cashier
After the sale:
-You are provided with the sale recap (detailed spreadsheet listing each item sold and the sale price)
-Prompt payment to you via check within 5-7 business days of the sale conclusion (items routinely sell days after the actual estate sale)
We are experienced in all aspects of estate sales and sell the entire contents of the home, from furniture to household cleaning products.