Estate of Longtime Montgomery Antique Dealer and Art Collector
estate sale•2 day sale •sale is over
9am to 5pm
9am to 1pm
The sale starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. with no early entry or sales.
SIGN-UP SHEETS: Please stay on the premises once you sign ONLY your name to the sheet posted on the door. The first 50 people in line will receive numbers a few minutes prior to the start of the sale and will be the first shoppers allowed to enter the door.
PRICING: Everything will be full price as marked on the first day. Only workers may mark items sold; we do not use stickers from other sales. You must give your name and phone number for items to be marked sold. We do not change or haggle on prices. Everything is sold "AS FOUND."
RECEIPTS: The yellow copy of the sales receipt is the customer’s proof of purchase and will be checked upon exiting the sale. When paid items are to be picked up later, the yellow receipt must be presented. Everything must be picked up by 1 p.m. on the second day of the sale unless by prior agreement.
BIDS: Bids will be accepted only on individual items that are priced $100 or more; all bids must equal or exceed 60% of the posted original price. Bids are sealed and WILL NOT be discussed or revealed with other customers and will be opened at the close of the first day of business; the highest bidders will be notified between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Unanswered calls may result in offering the sale to the next highest bidder. Items purchased by bid MUST be paid for and picked up by 10:00 a.m. on the second day of the sale or the item will be offered for general sale.
PACKING: We have very limited boxes, bags and packing materials; please provide your own. We reserve the right to inspect bags if necessary. Due to insurance regulations, workers are not allowed to pack or carry any items for customers. Movers are usually on site, but the price of tips, moving and delivery is solely between the customer and mover.
PLEASE NOTE: Sale locations are usually small and confined, so we ask that no baby strollers or large shopping carts be brought into sale locations. Most sales are in private homes which are not generally set up for handicap maneuvering. Customers enter locations at their own risk. Neither Michael Respess Estate Sales nor owners of the houses are responsible for accidents.
Bathrooms are for our personal use and storage and ARE NOT open to the public.
Every effort will be made to answer questions prior to the beginning of sales.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-324-5531 for more information.
We take most major credit cards; please note, there is a 3% fee for credit cards use.
Checks must be accompanied by address and telephone number.
OLD CLOVERDALE ESTATE SALE
We are honored to liquidate the estate of one of our own, a longtime Montgomery antiques dealer and art collector who thoughtfully curated a beautiful assemblage of furnishings and accessories purchased on trips to England and France
- FURNITURE: inlaid triple pedestal dining table with leaves; early French 19th Century vasillier cabinet; bookcase cabinet made in England; king size four poster canopy bed made by Mark Hampton; late 19th Century French double bed; two queen size beds; round pedestal center table made by Baker; upholstered three-place sofa; upholstered love seat and several club chairs; two room-size sisal rugs; French marble top console; writing tables; drop leaf Country French breakfast table; rush bottom chairs; marble top server; iron and stone console; Lucite table with marble top, Mark Hampton writing table and chair; Baker drop-leaf table; iron patio furniture.
- ART: several signed oil-on-canvas floral still life paintings; 12 English horseman book illustrations; signed paintings Earl Biss, Rod Goebel, Chi Chang Hu, Marty Whaley Adams of Charleston, Irene Wahl and many others.
- SILVER, CRYSTAL and CHINA: sterling silver flatware; silver-plated trays; Tiffany champagne bucket; Lenox and Coalport china; majolica; collection of blue and wine porcelain; Christmas teddy bear cups by Harrod’s of London; numerous drinkware, stemware, serving pieces.
- LAMPS, MIRRORS and ACCESSORIES: several floor lamps; table lamps; pair antique Emile Galle´ lamps; trumeaux mirror; planter’s clock; French, English and folk mirrors; antique gilt-wood wall brackets; papier mache´ and porcelain boxes; 19th Century sewing and necessary box; large collection of perfume bottles and Murano glass; custom-made curtains with rods and rings.
- BOOKS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and EPHEMERA: student guitar, trumpet and violin; many home decoration coffee table books; silver and antique collector’s books.
- HOLIDAY: vintage 1950s Koestel wax angels from West Germany in original boxes; vintage West Germany nativity set; boxwood wreaths; wrapping paper; large selection of vintage ornaments wrapped for gift-giving; decorative votive candles; beautiful Christmas linens.
- LINENS: many never used placemats, napkins, runners; towels and bath linens including comforters, spreads blankets; vintage linens
- GARAGE AND TOOLS: hydraulic log splitter; two Coleman grills; fishing rods and reels; four long gun hard cases; ladder; shop vac; some yard tools, yard wagon and two very nice Iron chandeliers.
PLEASE PROVIDE PACKING MATERIAL, BOX AND BAGS FOR PURCHASES
ITEMS ARE ALWAYS FULL PRICE ON MONDAY
MOST CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED WITH A 3% SURCHARGE
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!