Saturday is our final day of this sale. Most items will be half off (50%) or otherwise discounted.
This sale is one of our most favorite sales we have ever done, it's a true Vintage sale. Nestled in an old Mission Hills neighborhood, this Arts & Crafts home itself is full of history. As the former British Consultant house, this home sports a beautiful Batchelder fireplace and stunning views. Plus everything inside the home has much history too. Check out below for all the amazing details.
FURNITURE: Matching vintage 1920's cottage style Berkey and Gay table and chairs, buffet and large serving tray table. Antique carved wood chairs. Antique rolling buffet dresser. Ornate antique bustle chair. Two antique Victorian carved wood upholstered chairs. Antique side/library table with drawers. Antique Arts & Crafts brass bumper for fireplace, andirons, bellows and other fireplace accessories. Two Cube chairs and Cube couch from Directional by Design, with original material and structurally good, looks to be designed by Harvey Probber or Milo Baughman. Antique Kidney shapes desk/vanity. Large seven drawer antique high boy dresser with side panel locks. Tall cupboard with shelves. Woven mid century stool. Early 1900's solid oak kitchen table with twisted oak legs. Antique iron file cabinet.
KITCHENWARE: Wine glasses of various shapes and sizes. Large vintage gold monogrammed tumblers. Cordial glasses. Luncheon sets. Lots of cut glass serving dishes. Two sets of blue colored glass sets. Display china; Bellek, Haviland, Limoges, Royal Albert, Royal Dalton and more. Tons of glass bar ware, such as decanters and vintage bottles. Vintage kitchen pottery, like cookie jar, pitchers, serving dishes, etc. Pyrex pans of various shapes and sizes. Wagner ware, Nambe and more. Johnson Brothers blue and brown dishes. Lots of English cup and saucer sets.
HOME DECOR & ART: Vintage glass paperweights. Antique pole lamp with built in clock. Vases of every style and size, large and small, many Victorian. Many carved animal sculptures and figurines. Cast iron door porters. Lots of cut glass pieces. Enamel ware of various designs. Antique wood boxes. Antique industrial Hanson scale, that works! Antique extremely large "Nickols" rug. Large selection of antique and vintage etchings and prints. Modern prints, photographs, posters, paintings and more.
BOOKS: We have so many amazing books! Lots of first editions, and other rare prints, books ranging as far back as the 1700's. Many sets of historical books. Ranging from such topics as historical, presidential (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Kennedy) travel, animals, children's, biographies, fiction, religious, theory and more. Four volume set of Birds of California, book lovers edition from 1923 in great condition, and so beautiful too. A 1913 copy of Mother Goose stories with illustrations by Arthur Rackham, plus signed and limited edition 29 of only 150. There is foxing but the plates are in beautiful condition, this is such an amazing book. There is a collection of amazing books about California. 1957 copy of PNIN. 1935 copy of Zuni Mythology in two volumes. 1830 four volume set of Thomas Jefferson Works. 1890 copy of John Fiske works. 1855 copy of Life of John Philpot Curran. 1900 Memorial Edition of George Washington by Worthington Chauncey in two volumes. A 1914 Century Dictionary. I could list books for days on end, you will just have to come to the sale in person to see them all!
And many unique items such as;
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 3172.
- Truck of vintage costumes from local theater
- TONS of exceptional vintage linens, embroidery and crotchet, many going back to the early 1900's. Including tablecloths, mantel scarves, pillow covers, runners etc.
- Vintage Mahjong set in box
- Vintage wood military foot locker
- Antique ice chest
- Lots of unique sterling silver items
- Collection of magnifying glasses
- Large collection of children's antique and toys, some never even opened
- Collection of Victorian puzzles in original boxes
- Collection of Victorian ladies hat pins, that were used in a local theater at one time
- Two authentic ladies Victorian hand fans in mint condition
- Antique Pipeolion
- Tons of antique keys
- Vintage political buttons, including Kennedy & Nixon
- Pair of 19th Century Meissen bowls
- Pocket knives, watches, vintage leather wallets, ivory & bone letter openers, all manner of curiosities
- Two antique horse hair hat bands
- Vintage Jewelry; necklaces, broaches, rings, silver, gold, diamonds, pearls etc
- Antique surveyors tripod
- Vintage Shruti box
- Antique custom gaming (backgammon & chess) table, with detachable legs for travel, with other small games
- Large antique architectural embellishment
- Collection of tiles from the 1800's, both Wedgwood and Copeland, featuring "The Months" "Nursery Rhymes & Fairy tales" and even Puck from "A Mid Summers Nights Dream" These are amazing!
- Antique antler carving sets
- Vintage kilt accessories, like bag & socks
- Vintage baby clothes
- Various trophies and awards from dog shows in the 40's - 50's
- Antique Bell & Howell projector in original leather box and reels
- Antique Kodak movie camera
- Vintage cameras, bulbs and other accessories
- Vintage binoculars
- Antique Navajo textiles, Chimayo weaving's (over 100 years old)
- Collection of vintage photos from the late 1800's - early 1900's. Many from an old home in San Diego in the early 1900's. Lots from a camping trip in Yosemite Park. Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Washington DC, New Orleans, New York and more.
- Lots of paper Ephemera, amazing letters letters, photos, notebooks, newspaper clippings, maps etc.
- Extremely large embroidered Chinese silk piano shawl with beautiful fringe, in excellent condition
- Vintage Mid Century Underwood D. Olivetti typewriter
- Collection of vintage art work supplies and calligraphy accessories
- Vintage microscope in wooden box
- Antique rope and pulleys
- Antique Civil Ware era black mourning parasol
- 1935 Signed bronze plaque of Maynard Ladd, who was a doctor during WW1 in France, made by his wife Anna Coleman Ladd (A.C. Ladd). She was also famous in her time for not only being a sculptor, but for making hand painted masks for soldiers who had been deformed in WW1. This is a very unique piece!
- Vintage 1912 Colt .38 1903 Pocket Hammer "31931", with some of the original blue still in tact, and in working condition