FINAL DAY SATURDAY!!
TONS OF GREAT ITEMS REMAIN!!!
STUNNING TORRANCE ESTATE SALE
SAT JULY 22ND
CALIFORNIA POTTERY SPECTACULAR PLUS
FULL HOUSE! JEWELRY, ANTIQUES, BOOKS, MORE!!!
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 358.
Update 7.17.17: It keeps getting better. The garage is now another star to this show! As stated, this is the estate of Howard Ball who worked for Walt Disney before opening his own company with his brother as well as designing for Brad Keeler and others. The original molds for many of the fabulous porcelain birds are resting in the garage...as they have for probably the last 50 years. On top of that is a full sized kiln, potter's wheel, 50 gallon Red Wing self tap crock, parts of figurines, whole pieces never fired or glazed...lanterns...tools...bits and pieces of projects never finished ( Howard Ball created some of the mastodons and saber tooth cats at the La Brea Tar Pits and George Page museum). It is not often you see boxes labeled "bird claws". So come and dig!
The house as well is ready to go. Amazing array of Mexican and South American pottery to go along side the numerous display cases of vintage California porcelain. Antique toys, jewelry, and as mentioned, books books books. Please note, that while the majority of books will be in the usual pricing range, there will be many that will be separately priced...if you come ready to bargain for a buck a book, you do so at your own peril!!!
Prices firm on Thursday. Slight discounts on Friday and up to 50% on Saturday.
Update 7.15.17: This sale is really coming along nicely. An amazing array of pottery, porcelain, clothing, jewelry (pics to be added soon), books, art, tapestries, furniture, tools, kitchenware...more and more being added. We still have some surprises to come in the garage so stay tuned!!!!!
Wow...where to start? This is an amazing sale from the estate of one of the founding members of the Ball Brothers pottery and porcelain company that operated from Inglewood during the 1950's. Howard Ball also worked for Brad Keeler and other pottery companies and all are represented in this collection. Some may be prototypes, some are damaged, but all are pretty spectacular! There are dozens upon dozens of pieces from the highest styled cockatoos to the common geese and ducks. Birds designed by Ball for Keeler are represented as well...plus other Keeler pieces that are hard to find (some damaged we are sad to say). Yet this is just the START to this amazing sale!!!! We are just getting going with plenty still to uncover but here is a list to get you started:
- HUGE array of Mexican and South American pottery and ceramics...some vintage
- Wall hangings and tapestries from South America
- Collectibles and antiques from around the world
- Nice primitive doll collection including nesting dolls
- Many other collectibles from their years of travel
- Original artwork some by the family
- Watercolors from Mexico and Central America
- Clothing from around the world
- Vintage and antique glassware
- Full kitchen and appliances including Samsung refridgerator
- Cloisone vases
- Vintage Japanese porcelain and pottery
- Two vintage Lane side tables
- Nice selection of lighting and floor lamps
- Vintage rocking chairs and bedroom set
- Excellent collection of rugs/blankets from around the world
- Many display cases of fantastic jewelry and collectibles
- BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!! One of the greatest sales ever for books
- 100s of cookbooks!!!
- Wonderful plants and fantastic outdoor pottery pieces
- Nice selection of vintage fabric from around the world
...and we haven't even gotten to the garage....
And then there is the garage...it is packed and fantastic. Full of items from the Ball Brothers company including molds, figurines, tools, pottery/porcelain supplies and sooooo much more. There is more artwork in the garage as well and many many boxes yet to uncover. This is going to be a good one!!!
So a big thank you to everyone who came by our sale last weekend in Miraleste and get ready for this one! We'll see you on Thursday!!!!!! Ken & Todd 24K Estate Sales