This couple has traveled the world extensively- collecting indiginous art and artifacts as they went. She was an original nurse on Project Hope, which sailed through Latin America in 1958. She collected pottery, weapons (spears, arrows, harpoons), jewelry, as well as textiles, weavings and rugs.
They also lived in Berkeley, California and have a beautiful collection of art- by many listed artists including Chiura Obata.
- Sterling silver
- Grecian Embroidery
- Panamanian Molas
- Latin American Rugs
- Wall Weavings- Colombia, Peru, Mexico
- Vintage clothing
- Mid century Hutch
- Danish Side Table
- Hide a beds
- Multiple Curio Cabinets and Display Units
- Jewelry- Amazon, Peru, Mexico, Panama
- Woven Baskets- Africa and Latin America, including Wounaan from Panama
- Ceremonial Masks- Africa and Latin America
- Tribal Silver Hair Pins- Latin America
- tons of books- including valuable reference books on Latin American and Native American cultures
- camping equipment
- weapons- harpoons, spears, clubs, arrows
- tribal clothing
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 9/20/2017 (184-202-6:18:00 PM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (224-54).