Bip-Bop-Bam: EXCELLENT Estate Sale on Habersham!
estate sale•3 day sale •sale is over
9am to 6pm
9am to 6pm
10am to 4pm
We accept cash, credit & debit cards as payment, with a 3% credit card fee - nothing's free, someone has to pay for those sky miles. We're a legitimate business, so we DO charge sales tax.
We have a few boxes available, but if you feel motivated, please bring boxes and packing material - you'll need them!
Always bear in mind that we're an estate sale company, not Neiman's.
Please make an effort to bring your own muscle (gardener/house boy) to load heavy furniture.
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are very simple:
All items sold as is where is.
All sales final.
Honestly, that is about as simple and direct as we can make it.
To be absolutely clear there is no warranty or guarantee of any kind for anything we sell. We don't sell on-line or over the phone so you decide for yourself, in person, if you want an item and if it will meet your requirements. Once paid for it belongs to you and you are responsible for transporting it to its new home.
The first week in January , we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town with a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system (designed by a GA Tech brainiac) so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me! Sic transit gloria mundi. The process employs a hand crafted pre-famulated modial amulite, with phase detractors in a logrhythmic hydrocoptic panametric fam, employing magneto reluctance and capacitative ambivatient semi-boloic differential girdle springs with semisoidal depleneration.
This house is stuffed with furniture (some very good antiques, rugs, mirrors & amazing artwork), dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, den, living room, music room, library, master bedroom and guest bedroom. The current owners moved into this house 20 years ago and raised their children in this English Tudor jewel from 1925.
Some information about this house, if you're interested:
The house was built in 1925 by Dr. Lon & Dorothy Haverty Grove. Dorothy's father, Mr. J.J. Haverty (the founder of Atlanta's Haverty Furniture Co., founded in 1885) purchased the land and adjacent lot to the right, for his two daughters to build their homes. Thus, the shared driveway was used by both sisters and their families for many years and the Grove's home was known as "Grove Hill".
The owners are downsizing and want us to hurry up and finish our sale, because the house is under contract!
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds. We had to hold the sale Wednesday- Friday, as the closing date conflicted with our usual Friday - Sunday sales. ALL items purchased at this sale must be picked up from the house by Friday evening!
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- Ton's of American & International art
- Antique pine hutch/armoire
- FANTASTIC Althorp by Theodore Alexander console table
- Vintage Mercedes Benz (W 108) time capsule: a 1973 280 SEL 4.5, with only 59K original miles!
- Set/4 hand painted Asian Coromandel panels, each measuring 7' 8" tall x 42" - beautiful details and coloring!
- Nadeau mirror, sofa table with barley twist legs & matching side table
- Original crystal, wood and porcelain chandeliers, sconces - pairs and singles
- Collection of 10 stained glass (Tiffany style) table and floor lamps
- Antique pecan armoire
- Vintage 4-drawer French chest
- Vintage French side table, with one drawer
- Red damask Sherrill sofa
- Vintage French inlaid wood desk
- Hand painted 4-panel room divider, plus four individual doors, for hanging
- Antique (ca. 1890) English PINE partners desk, with tooled leather top - a partner's desk in pine is rare
- PAIR contemporary mahogany bookshelves
- Antique French sideboards - two to choose from
- HUGE 215-piece set of Herend "Coronation" or "Batthyány" china
- 64-piece set of Royal Doulton "Alice" china (Albion shape) elegantly simple - white, with gold band
- 65-Piece set of NIB Christian Dior china, "Monogram Black", retired pattern
- 56-piece set of Lenox "Westchester" china, M-139
- 64-piece set of Franciscan "Olympic" china
- 42-piece set of Mexican pottery , by José Bernabe
- Lalique "Phalsbourg" stemware - complete set of 4 sizes of stemware, + matching decanter and pitcher
- Baccarat Harcourt 1841 stemware
- Blue & white china
- Waterford Sheila stemware: -9 Claret Stems -4 Wine Hocks -8 Champagne Stems -11 Sherry Stems -4 Flat Tumblers -6 Old-Fashioneds -10 Cordials
- Collection of Blue Ridge hand painted pottery
- Set 6 French dining chairs - 2 arm, four sides
- Vintage mahogany sideboard with pencil inlay and faux marble top
- Antique gilt wood mirrors
- French side table - two to choose from
- Fantastic, vintage, solid Italian marble, hand carved Blackamoor, on matching marble stand
- Set/6 hand colored framed English botanicals, 1821
- AMAZING 18-Inch tall alkaline glazed jug, attributed to Lanier Meader
- Pair substantial vintage gilt wall sconces
- Blue plaid sleeper sofa, by Hickory Chair, Sovereign Collection
- Comfy upholstered armchair/matching ottoman, by Isenhour Furniture Co. + matching armchair, by Lee Industries
- Vintage 2-drawer French chest
- Gorgeous vintage yew wood buffet
- Antique tea caddy lamp
- Vintage French marble topped guéridon side table
- Collection of Asian Rose Medallion wall hung plates and urn, from the Kuang Hsu Dynasty (1875-1908)
- Nicely upholstered Sherrill sofa
- Vintage Italian Florentine coffee table
- Vintage 3-drawer French chest
- Vintage French toile upholstered armchair
- Pair of Sherrill upholstered armchairs
- Antique 10 x 14 Persian Lavar Kerman rug
- Antique mahogany/rattan magazine rack
- Pair nicely upholstered (plaid) French bergere armchairs
- Antique English mahogany drop-front writing desk
- Vintage round, pine breakfast room table, with four chairs, 2 sides, 2 arms
- Complete, 3 volume set of Masterpieces of Industrial Art & Sculpture at the Int'l. Exhibition of 1862, J. B. Waring
- Several small occasional tables
- Several pieces of art - signed originals and nicely framed prints
- Persian rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners + 4 silk rugs
- Mirrors, some contemporary, some antique
- Several nice table & floor lamps
- Large selection of outdoor concrete pots, with boxwoods; 3 pair of cast iron planters
- Outdoor wrought iron glass topped table , with four armchairs
- Weber gas grill, DI0924793
- Vintage enamel sink, with ridged drainboard
- Ton's o' silverplated serving pieces, trays, bowls, chafing dishes, pitchers, ice buckets, champagne coolers, etc.
- Kitchen goodies galore!
- Lot's more smalls!
What you won't find at our sale:
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, 50% off day
- Casting directors from a Christian adult film company named "Porn Again"
- The family dog, named Egypt, so named because he leaves a pyramid in every room
- Out of date gift boxes from the Uranus Fudge Factory Store
- Reasons to decide in favor of cremation, because you don't trust anyone to do your eyebrows when you die
- THE shade of lipstick that will be the color that changes your life
- Fun experiences that you rationalize "It isn't a walk of shame, if you run"
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions:
- WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
- Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jarrod @ (770) 891-6771.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!