Beanie People Provide Thrills in Brookwood Hills!
estate sale•3 day sale •sale is over
9am to 6pm
10am to 6pm
10am to 6pm
We accept cash, credit & debit cards as payment, with a 3% credit card fee - nothing's free, someone has to pay for those sky miles.
We have a few boxes available, but if you feel motivated, please bring boxes and packing material - you'll need them!
Always bear in mind that we are an estate sale company, not Neiman's.
Please make an effort to bring your own muscle (gardener/house boy) to load heavy furniture.
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are very simple:
All items sold as is, where is.
All sales final.
Honestly, that is about as simple and direct as we can make it.
To be absolutely clear there is no warranty or guarantee of any kind for anything we sell. We don't sell on-line or over the phone, so you decide for yourself, in person, if you want an item and if it will meet your requirements. Once paid in full, it belongs to you and you are responsible for transporting it to its new home.
Today, Sunday, unless the tag is marked "Firm", all items will be 50% off original price; Russian art is priced on an individual basis.
The weekend of September 18-20, the "Beanie People" will open the doors to another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask?
Yes, we're the only estate sale company in Atlanta, where the employees wear propeller beanie hats, have a certified sense of humor and state-of-the-art check-out system (designed by a GA Tech brainiac) so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
Sic transit gloria mundi.
Just so you know, we will be limiting the number of customers in the house to 10 at a time and masks will be required to enter the home. We will provide hand sanitizer, as you enter the front door.
Please be considerate and provide ample distance between yourself and others. Anyone with respiratory illness, fever or symptoms of any kind must not enter. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
I recently received the signed contract to conduct this sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds.
A pair of doctors have reached the age where it's time to sell the house they've lived in for 30 years and ready for the ease of condo living! This house is stuffed with good furniture, Persian rugs, mirrors, good artwork; including dining room, kitchen, living room, den, three bedrooms and special treasures - LOT'S of smalls!
We'll also be hosting Dmitriy Proshkin, owner of Proshkin Fine Art Gallery, in Chattanooga, TN, born in Ufa, Russia. Parallel to attending regular public school, he also took specialized art classes, which gave him an early art education and a genuine desire to pursue art further. He studied at Ufa's college of Art from 1988 till 1992 and after passing the entrance exam, began his five year study at Ufa's Art Institute.Within the walls of the Art Institute he became enthralled with art's prominent masters of landscape such as Claude Monet, Pissaro, Sisley, and Marke. His studies also included the great masters from the Russian school such as Korovin, Shiskin, Savrosov, Vassilev, Levitan, and others. Their works proved to have great influence on the young artist. The elevated tradition of Russian Masters became fundamental to him and in its own way, a sort of guide book through the labyrinth of his creative search. The results of his 12-year extensive study of painting and the art world helped to bring about a young artist with a boundless desire and determination to realize his creative potential and reveal in his paintings his disposition, feelings, and entire self. Dmitriy's work can be found in various private collections in Europe, Russia and the United States.
What you will find at our sale:
- LARGE vintage French parquet-topped oak dining table - 8' 6" long, w/2, 27" extensions
- Set/12 vintage French oak dining chairs, 2-arms, 10 sides
- Vintage French oak sideboard
- Vintage French walnut bonnetiere, measures 6' 3"T x3'W x 1' 9"D
- Antique, 2-piece French china cabinet, with wavy glass door panes
- LARGE Antique French Display Cabinet, measuring 7' 7"T x 5' 6"W x 16"D
- Antique French walnut 4-drawer Louis Philippe chest, w/grey-veined marble top
- Vintage English fruitwood demilune game table, w/inlay
- Beautifully distressed mocha-latte-love leather couch
- Vintage mahogany oval breakfast table, with pie crust edge and large, nicely carved ball and claw feet
- Set/4 matching mahogany side chairs
- WONDERFUL antique pine pie safe, from Centre, AL (Weiss Lake)
- Gorgeous pair of French gilt bronze 5-light candelabra
- Vintage drop-leaf pine table with set/4 vintage bentwood pine chairs
- Antique English library/game table, with inlay
- Vintage Howard Miller Louis Jaquine St. Etienne Tall Clock, Morbier Style French clock, in pine case, with brass nailheads
- MCM/contemporary style Italian white leather sofa, by Sofitalia
- Pair of walnut side table, by Dillingham's Furn. Co.
- Tooled leather-topped 1940's mahogany lazy susan library table, with 8 drawers
- Pair of amazingly comfortable houndstooth upholstered armchairs
- Pair of pigskin upholstered wingback armchairs
- Vintage French walnut display cabinet
- Vintage walnut Senatorial lectern, from TN
- French leather-topped ottoman, with brass nailheads and single drawer
- Master bedroom, with contemporary black wood queen size bedroom 5-piece suite
- 6-panel hand-painted, double-sided Asian wooden screen
- Pair of Italian Biedermeier style round side tables
- Vintage LaBarge empire style wall mirror
- Amazing Asian 3-panel cloisonne and lacquered table
- HUGE gold gilt wood mirror, with beveled glass, measures 6' 4"T x 4' 9"W
- Framed/matted original artwork, "Watermelons for Sale" by listed artist Annie Wellborn, 1928-2010
- Vintage queen size 4-piece walnut bedroom suite, by Dillingham's Furniture Co. - part of their "Esprit" collection, designed in 1970, by Merton Gershun
- Beautifully framed/matted original oil on canvas, by listed artist Nicholas Daunt
- Vintage drop-leaf pine wood table
- LARGE collection of very good hand-woven Persian rugs, 3' x 5', up to room size 10' x 13'
- LARGE collection of hand-painted Russian art, mostly by Dmitriy Proshkin
- Original art by KY folk artist, Jim Gary Phillips
- Small collection of hand-painted Russian lacquered boxes, artist signed
- Wonderful set/12 French woven silverplate flatware in wooden box, by St. Medard
- 56-piece set of vintage Asian Rose Canton china
- St/8 Hutschenreuther (Germany) heavy gold encrusted 10 3/4" dinner plates; 22K gold trim
- 32-piece set of Japanese Imari china dessert set
- 38-piece set of Herend "Coronation" china, with 21 extra 10 3/8" dinner plates, active pattern 1966 - 1990
- 36-piece set of Royal Worcester "Beaufort" bone china - England, active pattern 1984 - 1994
- 51-piece set of Spode "Shima" Imari style bone china - England, active pattern 1975 - 1985
- Crystal collection including Baccarat "Harcourt" stemware, Lalique, Waterford, Rogaska and Imperial Candlewick
- Nice pair of blue wooden Adirondack chairs
- Large, blue glazed terra cotta planter in wire basket
- Set/4 white painted wooden Adirondack armchairs, with faux concrete umbrella stand and sky-blue umbrella
- Set/4 white painted wood armchairs, with matching table and red umbrella
- Fun, large concrete raven
- 3-piece set of bronze finish aluminum breakfast set, pair of chairs and glass-topped table
- Yummy KitchenAid 2-burner propane gas grill, model # 720-0891C
What you won't find at our sale:
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, discount day
- How socks navigate the space/time continuum, by shifting dimensions
- Modern farmhouse-shiplap-ambrosia salad, with spicy ketchup
- A big galoot in a fruit suit, resolutely tooting a flute
- Marshmallow fluff sandwiches, with glasses of Tang
- Funeral kazoos
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph. D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. Occasionally we'll have some items included in our sales that are on consignment.
When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. Usually, after staging a house for our estate sales, I need a cigarette, a shot of whiskey, a Valium, a brown paper bag, a chamomile tea, a General Foods International Coffee, a shot of vodka, a bong hit, a slap upside the head, a mani-pedi, a pint of ice cream, and a long walk on the beach in soft focus.
All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions:
- WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
- Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $25, Credit/Debit cards are accepted.
All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accidents or injuries while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Jarrod @ (770) 891-6771.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!