Jewel Box 1929 Home in Marietta, Historic Whitlock Ave., Full O' Treasure!
estate sale•3 day sale •sale is over
9am to 6pm
9am to 6pm
9am to 6pm
We accept cash, credit & debit cards as payment, with a 3% credit card fee - nothing's free, someone has to pay for those sky miles. We're a legitimate business, so we DO charge sales tax.
We have a few boxes available, but if you feel motivated, please bring boxes and packing material - you'll need them!
Always bear in mind that we're an estate sale company, not Neiman's.
Please make an effort to bring your own muscle (gardener/house boy) to load heavy furniture.
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are very simple:
All items sold as is, where is.
All sales final.
Honestly, that is about as simple and direct as we can make it.
To be absolutely clear there is no warranty or guarantee of any kind for anything we sell. We don't sell on-line or over the phone so you decide for yourself, in person, if you want an item and if it will meet your requirements. Once paid for it belongs to you and you are responsible for transporting it to its new home.
This week, we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town with a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system (designed by a GA Tech brainiac) so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me! Sic transit gloria mundi.
The process employs a hand crafted pre-famulated modial amulite, with phase detractors in a logrhythmic hydrocoptic panametric fam, employing magneto reluctance and capacitative ambivatient semi-boloic differential girdle springs with semisoidal depleneration.
This little jewel box of a house is stuffed with furniture (some good antiques, rugs, mirrors & artwork), dining room, kitchen, living room, and three bedrooms. The latest owner was a confirmed bachelorette, whose namesake is the executor; we'll call her Jenny. Jenny doted on her niece, bought her wonderful presents from all of her European travels and loved this old wooden frame house she lived in for several decades.
There is even a set of 9 sterling silver goblets, that she had engraved for each of her friends, sort of a Marietta version of the Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood: Ola, Grace, Sue, Madeleine, Dara, Gen, Clarice, Agnes & Kay - SWEET!
Some information about this house, if you're interested:
The house was built in 1929 by W. P. Stephens (well known Marietta pioneer citizen) for his son. This home has only been owned by two families. Please park on Hazel Street, as Whitlock has no parking provision and tends to be like a Daytona 500 race.
The owners have sold the house and want us to hurry up and finish our sale!
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds. We had to hold the sale Thursday- Saturday, as the closing date conflicted with our usual Friday - Sunday sales. ALL items purchased at this sale must be picked up from the house by Sunday evening!
Be sure to use the rear entrance of the house, as you'll likely mangle your Manolo's if you try to scale the rickety concrete steps from Hazel Street.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. Usually, after staging a house for our estate sales, I need a cigarette, a shot of whiskey, a Valium, a brown paper bag, a chamomile tea, a General Foods International Coffee, a shot of vodka, a bong hit, a slap upside the head, a mani-pedi, a pint of ice cream, and a long walk on the beach in soft focus.
All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- Antique cherry corner cabinet
- Vintage cherry hutch
- Baker French Empire octagonal dining room table, with two leaves (each two feet wide) six chairs - 2 arm, 4 side
- French Empire console table
- Pair of Biedermeier side chairs, with matching swoopy-legged table
- NICE collection of sterling silver nut dishes, cigarette holders, silverplated trays and serving pieces
- An original oil painting, on canvas, by 19th century American artist W. P. Brickwedel
- 12" Tiffany sterling silver punch ladle, "Palm" pattern
- Nicely detailed vintage mahogany corner cabinet, with fine veneers
- 46-Piece Set "Ariana" China, by Gorham
- Total of four, + a pair of Brumby rockers - BRUMBY! LOL, anyone outside of Marietta may not understand, but that's OK
- Two mink coats & a fox shawl thing
- 1930's mahogany china cabinet
- Very rare etching La Casa de Enfrente, by Leticia Tarrago, 1963
- Vintage four poster mahogany bed, by Bigg's Furniture Co., Richmond, VA, with hand crocheted canopy
- Persian rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners
- 1923 upright piano, by Wellington, Chicago
- Pair of vintage French bronze girandoles
- Pair of vintage Continental candelabras, with crystal drops
- Vintage wooden Aneroid brometer
- Large collection of vintage 78's, in vintage albums
- 1930's 4-drawer chest
- 1915 Aladdin student brass/milk glass oil lamp
- Collection of vintage torch hand vases
- Oval and rectangle Victorian marble-topped side tables
- Vintage mahogany 5-drawer chest, by Biggs, Richmond, VA
- Vintage mahogany ladies writing desk, by Biggs, Richmond, VA
- Two tilt-top mahogany tabletop shaving mirrors
- Victorian 3-drawer burled wood dry sink, with white marble top
- 46-Piece set "Heritage" china, by Sunmarc, Japan
- 45-Piece set Stangl Terra Rose "Tulip" china
- 77-Piece set of "Lois" china, by Jyoto, Japan
- 29-Piece set of "Forget-Me-Not" china, Japan
- 69-Piece set of "Olympic" china, by Franciscan
- 3 vintage cedar chests
- French bergere armchair
- Large, vintage serpentine front dresser, with marble top
- Several vintage wall clocks, including a German cuckoo (clock)
- Victorian marble-topped 3 drawer chest, with matching mirror
- Vintage 6-drawer spool chest, on stand
- Nice collection of original watercolors, by Atlanta artist, Helen Schneeberger
- Vintage tilt-top square mahogany table
- Child's vintage curved glass curio cabinet
- Child's vintage mahogany 3-drawer dresser, with tilt mirror
- Vintage Singer sewing machine, in wooden carrying case
- Several nice table lamps, floor lamps
- Crystal chandelier
- Several wall mirrors
- Lot's of interesting art
- Kitchen goodie galore - cookware, sets of dishes, cast iron skillets
- Set of vintage wrought iron outdoor furniture
- Vintage women's bike, by Astra, "Belle De Paris", from their Tour De France collection; autographed by Lance Armstrong?
- Vintage concrete birdbaths and planters
- Nice collection of terra cotta pots
- Vintage screen doors and solid heart pine interior doors, with original hardware
What you won't find at our sale:
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, 50% off day
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions:
- WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
- Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jarrod @ (770) 891-6771.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!