Beanie People Invade Brookview Road Estate, in Marietta!
estate sale•3 day sale •sale is over
9am to 6pm
9am to 6pm
10am to 6pm
We accept cash, credit & debit cards as payment, with a 3% credit card fee - nothing's free, someone has to pay for those sky miles. We're a legitimate business, so we DO charge sales tax.
We have a few boxes available, but if you feel motivated, please bring boxes and packing material - you'll need them!
Always bear in mind that we're an estate sale company, not Neiman's.
Please make an effort to bring your own muscle (gardener/house boy) to load heavy furniture.
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are very simple:
All items sold as is, where is.
All sales final.
Honestly, that is about as simple and direct as we can make it.
To be absolutely clear there is no warranty or guarantee of any kind for anything we sell. We don't sell on-line or over the phone so you decide for yourself, in person, if you want an item and if it will meet your requirements. Once paid for it belongs to you and you are responsible for transporting it to its new home.
This weekend, the "Beanie People" will be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town where the employees wear propeller beanie hats, have a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system (designed by a GA Tech brainiac) so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
Sic transit gloria mundi. The process employs a hand crafted pre-famulated modial amulite, with phase detractors in a logrhythmic hydrocoptic panametric fam, employing magneto reluctance and capacitative ambivatient semi-boloic differential girdle springs with semisoidal depleneration.
This house was owned by Dr. Robert E. Rutrick, who practiced orthodonture in the Atlanta area for more than 40 years. He was a renowned expert and innovator in the treatment of complex cases of TJM disorder, cleft palate deformity and dentofacial orthopedic problems.
In the early 1980s, Dr. Rutrick was among the first team of American dentists to visit the People’s Republic of China, where he presented teaching clinics in Peking and Canton. Dr. Rutrick’s professional teaching interest sparked a life-long passion for collecting Chinese furniture, art, and accessories.
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds. This house is stuffed with furniture (some very good antiques, rugs, mirrors - OMG at the mirrors in this house! & artwork), dining room, kitchen, living room, three bedrooms, and a garage full of sparkly things.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph. D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. Usually, after staging a house for our estate sales, I need a cigarette, a shot of whiskey, a Valium, a brown paper bag, a chamomile tea, a General Foods International Coffee, a shot of vodka, a bong hit, a slap upside the head, a mani-pedi, a pint of ice cream, and a long walk on the beach in soft focus.
All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- LOT'S of great merchandise - stay tuned!
- Chinese hand carved wooden/upholstered (down cushion) couch
- Hermes scarves and Men's ties
- Chanel jewelry/clothing
- High end women's clothes, mostly size 6-10 (she dieted a lot). Labels include: Kay Unger, Tory Burch, Bryn Walker, Comfy, Bandolino shoes, Kate Spade bags, Vintage Mark Cross Handbag, in original cloth bag
- TON'S of men's clothes: shirts (over 100 white shirts, check!) suit coats, tuxes, outerwear and belts
- Asian art, porcelains a-go-go, panels, etc.
- 100 piece set of Blue Danube china
- 45-Piece set Pfaltzgraff "Oak Leaves" bone china
- 27-Piece set of Mikasa "Gold Lining" china
- "Arcadian" pattern Wedgwood, black & green colors
- Sterling goblets, pitcher and trophy
- 1940's Drexel mahogany buffet and matching bachelor's chest
- Set of six hand carved mahogany Chippendale dining chairs, four sides, two arms + additional pair of armchairs
- Set of six carved mahogany cane back & upholstered dining chairs, four side, two arms
- Hand carved mahogany Chinese altar table and pair of side chairs
- Rosewood coffee table
- King size mahogany half canopy bed
- Henredon 9-drawer dresser
- Vintage twin size brass bed
- Vintage English mahogany desk, with leather top, by Hobbs & Son, London
- Vintage mahogany chest of drawers
- Vintage mahogany curio cabinet
- Chinese rugs and Persian rugs
- Hand carved marble bust of Marcus Aurelius
- Two large pieces of artwork, by Raschella Collection
- Vintage Chinese art, on silk
- Vintage Belmont dental exam chair, model #22050139
- Yamaha Receiver RX-950
- Sony TC-WA7 ESA Stereo Cassette Deck
- Sony CDP-CE500 CD Player
- Tivoli Design SBX6L 6-Channel Speaker Selector
- Vizio VO32L FHDTV 10A Flat Screen TV, w/remote
- Yamaha AX-596 Amplifier
- Toshiba DVD Player
- Sony KDL-40S504 Flat Screen TV
- 2 Roland KC-350 Keyboard Stereo Mixing Keyboard Amplifiers
- 2 Roland KC-300 Keyboard Stereo Mixing Keyboard Amplifiers
- Chinese Forever Bicycle, from Shanghai
- Schwinn "Cimarron" Men's bike, model #4130
- EGO Power+ Mower, model LM2100
- CharBroil propane grill, Model # 463338014
- Two outdoor wrought iron gliders
- Pair of cast iron & wood love seats
- Wrought iron ice cream set
- Wrought iron candle holders
- PAIR of 4' tall glazed terra cotta olive jars
- Garage FULL of men's apparel, musical equipment, hand tools, yard tools, etc.
What you won't find at our sale:
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, 50% off day
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions:
- WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
- Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jarrod @ (770) 891-6771.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!