Life-Long Marietta (Indian Hills) Antiques Collector Finally Gives it Up!
estate sale•3 day sale •sale is over
9am to 6pm
9am to 6pm
10am to 4pm
We accept cash, credit & debit cards as payment, with a 3% credit card fee - nothing's free, someone has to pay for those sky miles. We're a legitimate business, so we DO charge sales tax.
We have a few boxes available, but if you feel motivated, please bring boxes and packing material - you'll need them!
Always bear in mind that we're an estate sale company, not Nieman's.
Please make an effort to bring your own muscle (gardener/house boy) to load heavy furniture.
This weekend, we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales, this time in Marietta's Indian Hills Golf Course community. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town with a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system, designed by a GA Tech brainiac, so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
The home of Roger & Helen Bourg (where they lived since 1980) is being sold, as they have transitioned to the great antique market in the sky. OMG is all I can say about the contents of this house, owned by a antiques collectors - they collected everything! There is a lot of Victorian, but good Victorian, a 1959 wooden boat, GREAT art, unusual Gone with the Wind lamp collection, chairs-a-go-go, mahogany beds, brass beds, cookie jars, pianos, rugs - LAWD!
This house is stuffed with furniture (some good antiques), dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, den, living room and four upstairs bedrooms. The house is completely full of everything you need and a few things you don't want.
The owners will soon have the house on the market, so they want us to hurry up and finish our sale, so they can sell the house!
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- Vintage Wurlitzer 1250 jukebox - a project, but has all parts
- Victorian burled walnut bedroom sets
- Several Victorian marble-topped tables
- Vintage English mahogany dining table, w/4 hand embroidered chairs
- HUGE original oil portrait, from the Candler estate, bought at a 1970's estate sale
- Handsome female oil portrait, from the Wrigley estate, bought at a 1980's estate sale
- Asian porcelain fishbowl on wooden stand
- 1870-80's Pleyel Wolff & Cie rosewood piano - Its match-mate is in in the Cabildo museum in New Orleans, LA
- Vintage French Provincial Kimball piano, w/hand embroidered bench seat
- GORGEOUS Biedermeier-style inlaid sofa/daybed
- 3-piece John Jeliff parlor set
- Victorian carved oak love seat
- 3 full-size antique brass beds
- Victorian burled walnut/mahogany full size bed
- Italian inlaid wood side table, with music box inside
- Vintage hand painted Asian secretary
- 1880's oak desk, belonged to Kennedy Schultz
- Large collection of oak wall clocks
- Huge collection of vintage vinyl 45's & albums, literally hundreds
- Two huge, framed European tapestries, one from the early 1900's
- Victorian oak bedroom set, with marble-topped tables
- Vintage Drexel "Esperanto" mahogany, with cast iron stretcher dining room table, with 1 large leaf and 4 chairs ( 1 arm, 3 sides)
- Collection of crystal decanters: Baccarat, Waterford, Cartier, ABCG
- 80-piece set of Roan Mountain Stoneware, by Nancy Peterson Lamb, made in Laurel Bloomery, TN
- 64-piece setting of Lenox Solitaire china
- 80-piece set of Franciscan "Olympic" china
- 48-piece set of Franciscan "Woodside" china
- 22-piece dessert set, by Royal Doulton "Pavanne"
- Waterford Sheila, America's Heritage & Prosperity crystal stemware
- Upholstered armchairs, vintage & antique occasional chairs
- Antique English Mahogany 4-drawer chest
- 30 Hand painted Gone with the Wind lamps, all rewired, bases are all original oil burners
- Several small occasional tables
- TONS of art - mostly signed originals, but a few nicely framed prints
- Persian Rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners
- Mirrors, some contemporary, some antique
- Several nice table & floor lamps
- Kenmore 400 series
- Lot's more smalls!
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions: WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jake @ (678) 724- 3966, or try Easy-on-the-Eyes Jarrod, @ 770-891-6771.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!