Ann Pekarski Estate, Chicago Brody Table MCM
estate sale•1 day sale •sale is over
10am to 6pm
Payment TERMS: CASH, Credit or Debit Card w/3% process fee, Pre-Approved Good Check ( call 219-763-3741 at least 3 days prior for check approval ). Sign up entry order call off list is at front entrance driveway or sidewalk by 9 a.m. Friday. It's usually on a lawn chair inside a plastic bag. No Warranties or guarantees, must rely on your own personal inspection. Not responsible for accidents or injury. Always watch your step & your head. We don't carry. Bring your own competent Adult labor who will carefully move items out of the home and off the property. Removal on SALE DAY. Make sure to watch when moving items that floors aren't scratched and keep distance from walls so they're not touched. Be prepared due to any home's floor layout there can be staggered & delayed entry into the home on Opening Day morning. Expect delayed entry into this condominium. It just depends on how slow foot traffic flow moves along in the home's layout. Please be patient, we'll get you inside as soon as we can with safety in mind. Please respect neighbors & not block mail boxes or driveways, or park so far off road to ruffle or rut neighbor's grass. Please don't flip cigarette butts in yard, street, driveway or really anywhere, only in proper receptacle.
Furniture, MCM furniture, artwork, antiques, collectibles, Judaica, retro items, crystal, Tasty Surprises & More, Photos & Item Listing Details Coming,
Estate Tag Sale, where you come inside home, browse, shop and buy at your leisure. Diana's photo look trademark Benjamin Franklin 6 inch paper bill is for size comparison only, it isn't the price. Mrs. Pekarsky is an original resident of Harrison Heights, moving here in July, 1974. Ann Pekarsky profession was senior speech therapist at Hammond Schools. Sorry, for short period of this newest addition of 105 more photos, Comcast Corp. had area wide outages for 2 days, so no internet.
Furniture & accessories are locked into 4-different time periods:
-- Brand new in 1974 when Mrs. Pekarsky moved in Harrison Heights Condominiums
-- 1947 circa & 1962 Items of her father who lived at Harrison Heights, the father's business was home furnishings & furniture sales, so this family acquired cutting edge, state-of-the-art furniture at various style periods
-- Antiques handed down from grandparents
-- Modern upgraded items from year 1985 and newer
- 30 Furniture pieces, USA brand names sturdy quality made furniture makers
- 2 Roll Out day beds, metal frames & metal support
- Arc floor lamp, made in Italy
- 1 Pair hanging lamps, large globe type
- 1 Hanging lamp, chrome
- Assorted other table lamps
- Costume jewelry
- Artwork, oil on canvas & various mediums, Salvador Dali
- Artwork acquired or framed at Merrillville 73rd Ave. Trachtenberg Gallery & Antiques, now closed, in its day Dr. Trachtenberg's shop was The Premier Gallery in Northwest Indiana
- Retro wrap-around sectional devan, Soref's Period Furniture Co., Chicago, Ill. A custom Design (project sofa for re-purposing, interior cushion stuffing a bit hardened)
- Dining table wood w/6 chairs, includes 2 captain's chairs
- Display cabinet, mahogany wood
- Antique Buffet, wide screen TV stand, wood mahogany
- Antique drum table
- 2 Antique Matching Accent tables, end tables, wood
- 5 Pieces Bedroom furniture Hammond, IN Metz Furniture brand, tall chest of drawers, dresser w/mirror, 2 night stands, pecan wood headboard king/queen size wide enough across to fit 2 side-by-side twin beds, dresser
- Brass & glass display stands, bookcase
- 2 Accent tables Paul Mayen, polished, reflective aluminum with textured pull off top for inside storage, Habitat and Habitat International label, Paul Mayen (b 5/1916- d Nov. 3, 2000), Spanish architect & industrial designer who also worked at Frank Lloyd Wright Fallingwater home Mill Run, PA. outside of Pittsburg
- Kitchenette table, lucite & chrome, w/3 chairs, B. Brody Seating Co., made in Chicago, Illinois
- 2 Dressers, white
- Chiropractic massage table
- Because this condo will be remodeled, items For Sale of interest to remodelers -
- Accordion closet doors (doors only, excludes door knobs)
- Retro original "Mad Men" era Wallpaper on walls, if you can delicately remove it off walls, buy a portion or take all, you choose, there's No leftover rolled up wallpaper remnants
- Vintage carpet on floors, colors striking green & blue, buy a portion or buy all
- 3 Retro Appliances, range & dishwasher working, autumn harvest gold color, when these debuted in architecture magazines in 1970's this interior design reflects a kitchen with simple warm natural color, appliances ideal for retro inspired, home re-habbers. Refrigerator "as is"needs repair, all 3 Hotpoint Hot Point brand
- Riverview Amusement Park cupie kewpie dolls
- 20 Cyrstal, Rosenthal, Germany made
- Electronics, vintage table top clock radios
- Tasty Surprises & More, ...
Estatesalers who shopped at our Judge & Attorney Schneider Sale in March, this is the same building and on the same 4th floor. Parking area and entry process are the same as at that March sale. The Pekarsky 2-bedroom condominium is For Sale too, by direct private sale.
* There's 5+ plus items made by Metz Furniture Co. at this estate. Not only is it U.S.A. made, but it's furniture designed & made in our Hoosier state, specifically in Hammond, Indiana, so here's a bit of local history about J.L. Metz Furniture Company for your appreciation as a collector and buyer of this fine quality furniture. J.L. Metz Furniture Co. started in 1898 in Chicago by founder Jacob L. Metz. In 1932 production moved to 252 Wildwood Rd., Hammond, previous home of Straube Piano Co. Son Jerome "Jerry" Metz ultimately took over operations as president. So how did Metz survive and thrive during the depression? Hiring middle aged women! Hammond as steel country offered few skilled woodworkers. Forward-thinking Metz knew that women were anxious to learn the trade of furniture making. In 1932, over 50% of 200 employees were women making excellent machine hands, cabinet makers and finishers. Metz advertising theme "Metz Furniture makes Cadillac Quality at Buick Prices." In 1960's Metz made its own plywood at a saw mill the company owned in northern Michigan. Metz furniture is found globally and nationwide as it had sales outlets in New York City, Chicago The Merchandise Mart and Hickory, North Carolina. In 1970 Metz Furniture sold to new owners who lasted to the mid-1970's. Today, the 200,000 square foot building appears to be standing, the site of other businesses and a storage facility. Diana Cook Estates would enjoy hearing stories from anyone with family members employed at the Metz Company. Call or email ahead-of-time or stop by this Estate condominium during sale hours.
This Estate also features furniture from the B Brody Seating Company, it was in active production in Chicago at 5921 W. Dickens Ave, Chicago, IL. 60639
Check out Upcoming Estate (Tag) Sales Fall 2019 -
Crown Point, Portage
A Change Heads Up - Diana Cook email address of 21 years "Ladydi@megsinet.net" will be changing, don't know what the new address will be yet. So during this transition time, if you email me and you don't receive a reply from me within 24 hours, PLEASE call me as I did not receive your email, call 219-763-3741. Let's just say this forced change to my email name is a direct result of sub-par management and operations made by Comcast Corp, its internet, XFINITY (CMCSA symbol on the NASDAQ stock exchange), clearly I'm not a fan of this publicly owned company.
Estates, Appraisals & Auctions by Diana Cook, 35 years experience in this business:
* Estate (tag) Sale Management
* Auction Management
* Business & Commercial Auctions & Appraisals
* Home & Estate Clean Outs & Cash Buy Outs *
* Paying Cash for Antiques Today *
* Written Appraisal & Inventory Reports for: *
-- Estate Taxes, federal or state, Estate Administration
-- Insurance Replacement Needs
-- Moving Insurance
-- Family/Heir Division Values
-- Donation Value
-- Divorce Settlement
Payment TERMS: CASH, Pre-Approved Good Check (call at least 3 days prior to sale start for check approval), Credit or debit Card w/3% process fee. We don't open early. A sign-up entry order call off list, is placed in the front entrance driveway or sidewalk by 9 a.m. opening day Friday. Here at Harrison Heights Condominiums it will be located where you enter this complex for the Estate Sale around back, on the building's west side, where there's a parking lot. It's usually on a lawn chair inside a plastic bag. Be prepared, due to any home's hallway layout, there can be staggered and delayed entry into the home on Opening Day morning, it just depends on how slow foot traffic flow moves along in the home's layout. Expect delayed entry into this condominium. Please be patient, we'll get you inside as soon as we can with safety in mind. No warranties or guarantees. You must rely on your own personal inspection. Not responsible for accidents or injury. Always watch your step & your head. We don't carry. Bring your own competent adult labor who will carefully move items out of the home and off the property. Removal on SALE DAY. Make sure to watch when moving items that floors aren't scratched and keep distance from walls so they're not touched. Please respect neighbors & not block mail boxes or driveways, or park so far off road to ruffle or rut neighbor's grass. Please don't flip cigarette butts in yard, street, driveway or really anywhere, only in receptacle.
To get on our Early Bird Email notice list with detailed advanced information on future Estate Sales, Email above and in subject line type "Add Me to List." ( This doesn't mean writing someone's name on entry order sheet- that's your activity to write down your name on my list that I personally put out.)
For Email additions and changes Email above and in subject line type: Estate Notice List. We do not share your Email address with others. When your Email changes give both your old address and new address. IF you are not receiving emails from us, double check that the above Email address is not being blocked out by your system, or we sometimes get replies that your "mailbox is full" which means, unfortunately our sale notices don't get through to you.
219-763-3741 Thank You for Browsing, for Buying & Your Business !
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!