OLD RIVERBEND ESTATE SALE
Join us for this fun estate sale in the Riverbend April 1-2. The house includes vintage and antique furniture and is FILLED with vintage and antique collectibles of all sorts, as well as iron patio furniture, and a garage FULL of all sorts of accumulation. This is an old New Orleans house with decades of accumulation - something for everyone and will be priced to sell!
Check back this week for more details!
- Lovel rose Victorian carved sofa in vintage green velvet upholstery
- Pair Victorian carved parlor chairs in vintage green velvet upholstery
- Pair carved Victorian parlor side chairs
- Victorian carved mahogany oval marble ‘coffee’ table
- Victorian marble side table
- Vintage wooden tea cart
- Nice collectors display side table
- 1940’s dining room furniture, including sideboard, china cabinet, and small server (no table)
- 1950’s retro chrome dinette table and four chairs in original red upholstery
- Painted 1930’s double bed and matching dresser with etched mirror
- Vintage mahogany double bed
- Contemporary dressing table with mirror and matching chair
- Vintage chest of drawers
- Pair mahogany bookshelves
- Vintage slant front secretary
- Misc. upholstered chairs and rocker
- Some vintage side tables and coffee tables
- Emperor cherry wood grandfather clock, purchased from Alpine Clocks on Airline 40 years ago. The clock is in fine working condition, and was cleaned and reset in 2008.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 3147.
- Contemporary roll top desk and chair
- Vintage tanker desk and office chair
- Vintage and antique typewriters, including Oliver, Envoy, and Royal
- French Quarter scene print by Archie Boyd
- Signed Pintail print by Richard Sloan
- Ray Buuck engraving
- New Orleans Food Festival poster
- Selection of rolled posters, many local, including several 1984 World’s Exposition
- Nice selection of costume and sterling silver jewelry
- Some misc. pieces in display cases
- Lots of vintage kitchenware and barware
- Some vintage retro appliances
- Magnalite classic oval roaster, vintage, new in original box
- Lots of serving ware
- Small selection of aluminum metal ware in excellent condition
- Glassware of all sorts
- Some cocktail glasses with local flare
- Kenmore white refrigerator, clean and working condition
- Kitchen Aid counter top mixer in white
- Lots of misc.
China and Glass:
- Johnson and Bros. ‘The Family Village’ - 87 pieces
- Winterling Bavaria Germany – 52 pieces
- Limoges and Wedgewood plates
- Bavaria W. Germany desert plates
- Quite a bit of misc. glassware
Garage, Tools, and Yard:
- Garage is full of all sorts of interesting items….
- Large selection of antique light fixtures (fair condition) and light/lamp globes of all sizes – a wonderful assortment!
- Some old heavy ceiling fans and table fans for parts
- Some old shutter hinge hardware
- Some old door knobs and hardware
- Tool boxes and quite a bit of loose tools
- Some electric tools: electric drill with batteries, sanding tools, etc.
- Garden supplies and tools
- Wheel barrels, one antique
- Concrete deer statue
- Iron patio furniture: table and two chairs, glider, rocker
- New Orleans iron post with horse head and another tall wrought iron pole, both probably from the French Quarter
- Antique lathe with local provenance and misc. related tools -- more information below
- Old electrical supplies in their original packaging
- Clawfoot bathtub - it's sticking out from under the house - feel free to take tackle it!
- Antique sink with home legs and old commode - for the restorer in mind
- Dryer - I think it's gas
- Lots of ladders, including a tall aluminum painters ladder with old scaffolding, and other wooden ladders
- Mission-style library table that's now being used as a work surface in the garage
- Pair vehicle ramps
- Lots to dig for and discover!
Information about the antique lathe:
The lathe was used to produce The Carousel (the “Flying Horses”) now located at City Park. Harry Batt, Sr., whose family founded and operated Pontchartrain Beach, was one of the original owners of The Carousel and also owned the lathe.
A previous owner of the Adams Street house (our client’s grandfather) was an electrician and worked along St. Charles Avenue for decades before his retirement in the 1960’s. A friend of Harry Batt, Sr., he expressed interest in the lathe and woodworking. Harry Batt, Sr. offered to donate the lathe to him, which he did sometime in the 1960’s or early 1970’s. Our client’s grandfather never took up his interest in woodworking before his passing in 1973. The lathe remains in the same place now 40 years later, in the garage on Adams Street.
We hope someone will express interest in rescuing the lathe, with its interesting provenance, and bring new life to it! Come take a look this weekend.
- Vintage favors from Krewe of Carrolton and a couple from Bacchus
- Some glass beads, many with Czechoslovakia tags
- Nice selection of early mercury glass beads
- Krewe of Carrolton doubloons
- Lots of collectible small vintage throws
- Mercury glass ornaments – lots!
- Lots of vintage plastic decorations, including Santa’s, reindeer, etc.
- Papier-mâché Santa’s
- Nice old nativity scene with ceramic figures from Italy and Japan
- Ceramic tree with all the fixings
- Paper ‘Merry Christmas’ sign and Santa cut out
- Waterford Crystal ornaments
- Nice selection of vintage Christmas light strands
- Lots of misc. Christmas items
Apparel and More:
- Small selection of vintage coats and apparel for men and women
- Ladies wool coat with fur collar from Maison Blanche
- Men’s wool over coats
- Old Coast Guard jackets
- Several vintage Stetson Panama hats and other vintage hats from New Orleans department stores
- Vintage Victrolas
- Vintage bedding and linens
- Selection of books, some interesting local
- Some lamps, including converted antique telephone
- Two vintage bicycles
- Fisher stereo turntable, cassette, 8 track console with speakers
- Lots of misc. interesting items and collectibles throughout house and garage – a great sale to dig and discover!
NOTE: Big Easy Estate Sales and Rain or Shine Estate Sales are partnering on an exceptional Garden District estate sale the weekend of April 22-23. Please mark your calendars!
NEED TO DOWNSIZE OR PURGE? LOOKING FOR A LIQUIDATOR?
GET THE BEST IN NEW ORLEANS!
CALL JONATHAN TODAY TO DISCUSS THE PROCESS
To receive e-mail notifications of upcoming sale events, please send an e-mail request to
Follow us on Social Media: