H&H ESTATE SALE this weekend on the Lakefront.
A step back in time. Many collections of many different things, knick knacks galore, a former Newcomb art school student (1930-40) and faculty member, the owner has a nice selection of New Orleans/American art that is included in this sale. A series of art by Will Henry Stevens 1881-1949, a noted Newcomb faculty member, also work by Caroline Durieux , 1896-1989 also on staff. Great French Quarter etchings and more ...
Several nice Persian (Qum and Meshad) wool on cotton, silk, and wool Turkish tribal oriental rugs, also an extensive book collection on gardening, New Orleans, antiques and other.
other interesting items include:
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 10/17/2017 (184-202-9:53:17 AM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (167-54).
-huge custom maple cabinet from 1950's, great storage capacity
-1950's china cabinet and matching sideboard - sold separately
- retro style curved back sofa, marble top coffee table
- several nice chest - English and American, several end tables and dressers
- Mardi Gras favors from the 50's and up, lots of costume jewelry and some fine jewelry - several watches
- lots of china, lovely cut crystal - bowls, glassware, compotes and other, sets of 1950's bar glasses and such
- big selection of older Lenox pieces - china, vases, compotes, swan groupings, tableware, bird collections of all sorts
-attractive Grandfather clock in working order
-lovely American empire serving cabinet
- nice assortment of silver serving pieces, casseroles, compotes, trays, candlesticks, serving utensils, many in sterling, possibly added will be sterling flatware
- full kitchen - cabinets and drawers loaded, lots of kitchen collectibles, appliances
- tool room and shed, patio plants, pots and patio statue, gardening vases
And we will continue to discover more as the week progresses. Pictures later this week as well. A fun sale.
Hope to see you this weekend.