LOCAL INTERIOR DESIGNER'S
GARDEN DISTRICT ESTATE SALE
brought to you by
Big Easy Estate Sales &
Rain or Shine Estate Sales of New Orleans
We are excited to offer our final estate sale of 2017 in partnership with our friend Della Graham of Rain or Shine. Della and I are pleased to offer for sale items from the collection of local interior designer, Ned Marshall whose design talent has been sought after by clients in New Orleans, New York and points beyond. Ned’s interior works have been featured in New Orleans, New Elegance by Kerri McCafferty, Big Easy Style by Brian Batt, as well as in Architectural Digest, Town & Country, House Beautiful, The New York Times, New York Magazine, the fondly remembered House and Garden, and other noted publications, blogs and posts.
Ned Marshall's decision to downsize and move is featured in R. Stephanie Bruno's article in The Advocate.
If you've ever been to one of our sale's, you won't be disappointed in this one. Everything is for sale. This is a great opportunity to snag stylish and quality items from an interior designer's personal collection!
The Preservation Resource Center's annual Holiday Home Tour is also Saturday and Sunday, December 9-10 from 10-4. It will be a busy weekend in the Garden District! We hope you will join us for this special sale alongside the PRC's holiday event. As usual, we look forward to seeing everyone, and closing out this fantastic year with a great New Orleans estate sale.
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 12/17/2017 (241-201-12:37:38 AM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (196-54).
Please be sure to read in detail the Terms and Conditions listed above.
Please, no phone calls or text messages requesting information and prices - we are focused on preparing for the sale.
Special thanks to Eugenia Uhl for capturing some of the beautiful photographs of this sale.
- 18th c. Italian gilt wood console table, rouge royal marble top
- French Art Deco 1930's exotic wood fall-front desk, attributed to Jules LeLeu
- French Art Deco walnut and burl walnut sideboard, c. 1940 with bronze mounts
- Blackamoor stand attributed to Maison Jansen, with earlier 18th c. inlaid bone top
- Impressive Blackamoor/standing star light on grained column base, Parisian 1885 modele depose stamp
- Regency style plaster dolphin table with glass top
- Set of six Italian Directoire style carved rosewood side chairs, Fortuny covered seats
- English Hepplewhite blonde mahogany sofa, early 19th c.
- Brass and marble top gueridon, early 20th c.
- "Mallet" style 2-tier brass galleried leather top occasional table
- French 19th c. 2-glass door bookcase, breche d'alps marble top
- Louis XV style kingwood inlaid desk, early 20th c.
- Set of 4 Louis XV style polychrome fauteuils, covered in custom Ned Marshall chintz
- Pair of 18th c. Louis XV style polychrome fauteuils, signed J.B. Boulard, custom fabric
- Other sets of Louis XV style painted side chairs (set of 4 caned w/ royal blue velvet cushions and set of 4 with cafe au lait mohair upholstery)
- Directoire style painted bergere, striped brocade upholstery
- Directoire style custom painted contemporary breakfront with fitted interior
- French iron and brass baker's rack
- French oak refectory table, 18th c.
- 1930's Hollywood Regency octagonal painted side table
- Hollywood Regency ebonized and brass mounted side table
- "Harlow" vintage covered sofa, cream velvet upholstery and white slipcover
- Two Chinese Chippendale brass and glass tray top coffee tables, probably Baker
- Contemporary 2-tier gilt metal and glass console table
- 1970's chrome and glass top table, Pace, NY
- Chinese red lacquered coffee table with incised dragon decoration, attributed to Charles Gracie, NY, along with a similar pair of end tables
- Chinese Export lacquered side table, c. 1830
- Chinese 8-panel Coromandel screen, mid 20th c.
- Pair of Chinese black lacquered horseshoe armchairs
- Chinese and Japanese lacquered occasional tables
- Pair of Regency mahogany armchairs, c. 1840
- English 19th c. mahogany and leather library steps
- Pair Federal mahogany fold-top games tables, 19th c.
- Georgian flame mahogany fall-front desk, early 19th c.
- Pair stylish marble top and antique book decorated corner cabinets
- Early Victorian mahogany sofa covered in the iconic Ned Marshall hot pink fabric
- American cottage faux bois 4-piece bedroom set incl. double bed, dressing table, washstand and caned rocker
- Ralph Lauren West Indies style carved mahogany 4-posted queen size bed
- Ralph Lauren mahogany 21 drawer gentleman's chest
- Georgian style giltwood mirror, 19th c.
- Pair of Italian giltwood and white painted "swag & urn" mirrors, Louis Sullivan, NY
- Collection of Florentine giltwood brackets
- Charles X slate and ormolu mounted portico mantle clock, c. 1840
- Pair Charles X bronze candlesticks
- Pair Louis XV style bronze candlestick/lamps
- Large American zinc architectural garden finial
- William IV cast iron garden bench
- Vintage Chinese Chippendale white painted box mantel
- Italian 60's tole fritillaria
- Two tole and painted pineapple lamps and French rouge marble baluster lamp, c.1900
- Many stylish contemporary and vintage lamps including a French mid-century "sputnik" lamp, a vintage double gourd ceramic lamp and many others
- French grained tole footbath, 19th c.
- 19th c. brass birdcage automaton music box
- Collection of Chinese eglomise paintings, 19th and early 20th c.
- African masks including an old Songye mask
- Many handsome area rugs including Persian Hamadans and Serabs
- Early American hooked "mushroom" rug
- Extensive library including design related coffee table books and leather bound books
- Custom pillows, curtains, valences, bolts of designer fabric and samples
- Large wrought iron light fixture and other fixtures
- Collection of Christopher Radko ornaments and garland
- Collection of 18th and 19th c. hand colored French and Italian engravings of animals and birds
- Antique architectural prints
- Academic pencil drawings of nudes
- Complete framed sets of 18th c. Hogarth prints including "Industrius 'Prentice" and "Marriage a la Mode"
- "Italians Ruins" 19th c. oil on canvas
- Caesar plaster rondo plaque, c. 1930, McMillen Inc., NYC
- Maria Scotti (1942-2012) "L'Alluvione" mixed media on canvas, depicting Giottoesque angels flying over the 1966 flooded Florence
- Complete set of six Lowell Nesbitt "Moonshot" lithographs, signed and dated 1969
PORCELAINS, GLASSWARE, AND SILVER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Pair Chinese porcelain foo dog candelabra/lamps with French mounts, c. 1920
- Blue and white Chinese urn, provenance antiquarian John Roselli
- Pair 19th c. Chinese porcelain stick vases with French bronze mounts
- Collection of Chinese blue and white porcelain
- Large 19th c Chinese porcelain Imari charger
- Pair of Chinese famille rose covered urns
- Chinese Export rose medallion platters, 19th c.
- Set of Christian Dior porcelain "Beau Rivage" dinnerware & "Malachite" demitasse set
- Tiffany private stock French hand painted porcelain "Black Shoulder demitasse set
- Pair "Herend" hand painted porcelain chickens
- Set of 10 matching Dresden porcelain dinner plates and 12 soup bowls
- Edwardian silverplate champagne bucket
- Set of Christofle-style silverplate flatware
- Sheffield silverplate candelabra and candlesticks
- Set of 1920's Venetian glass coupes
DRESSING ROOM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Collection of designer men’s suits and jackets, mostly Armani
- Collection of Hermes ties and suspenders
- Selection of designer ties, including Gucci, Ferragamo, and other Parisian names
- Black label Armani leather bomber jacket
- Aramani black velvet evening jacket
- Selection of leather dress shoes, including a pair of alligator Vero Cuoio, size 9.5
- Tuxedo attire
- Knox beaver top hat from Dobbs Fifth Avenue