*** PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR DETAILS ON SALE ENTRY ***
*** GARAGES OPEN AT 8AM, HOUSE OPENS AT 9AM. ***
Thursday, December 15 - (Day 1) - FULL PRICE
Friday, December 16 - (Day 2) - 50% OFF
Saturday, December 17 - (Day 3) - 75% OFF
We have an absolutely ASTOUNDING estate sale coming up on December 15 - 17 to finish off our 2016 season...and it's just in time for that last-minute Christmas shopping you have to do! This large estate, located in the Westwood neighborhood of Kalamazoo, features a 100+ year old 3-story home, plus a large basement, and two larger outbuildings...and every corner is filled with the most amazing collection of antiques, collectibles, wood working & machinists tools, books, household items, and unique treasures that you could hope to find!
The homeowner was a retired professor of engineering design, manufacturing, and management systems at Western Michigan University, and was a respected and loved member of the local community. They loved Michigan history, and were very involved in the Kalamazoo area, especially with WMU athletics and University organizations. The wonderful collection of items found in this estate showcases their love and appreciation for history, and for the outdoors. Also, the interior decor is very eclectic...featuring items from rustic cabin-style furnishings and accents, to gorgeous antique Victorian furniture and household items. This sale is one you surely do not want to miss! Whether you're completing your Christmas shopping, you're a collector or buyer looking for that special piece, or you're are a savvy reseller...there will be something for everyone at this fantastic sale! We can't wait to see you all soon!
Here is a list of some of the featured items in this sale:
- Antique flanged porcelain "Bell System Public Telephone" sign
- Large basement filled with woodworking tools, machine shop tools, hand and power tools, lots antique iron tools, etc. (Large items include: Delta wood lathe, 2 drill presses, bench sanders, jig saw, metal break, buffers, a "Zip Cut" vertical mill man'f by Waber Tool & Engineering Co. here in Kalamazoo, and lots more!)
- Lots of WMU items: dozens of pieces of WMU apparel, books & literature, several yearbooks beginning at 1919, banners, pennants, plaques, ashtrays, bobble heads, figurines, license plates, a black captains chair featuring the MAC Conference logo, and a few pieces signed by WMU players who have made it to the NFL...including Greg Jennings!
- 1950's Aluma-Craft boat w/ 15hp Evinrude outboard motor
- Several vintage items from Wyandotte, MI: advertising, history books, pennant, etc
- Model 1865 Spencer Carbine rifle, said to have been used during the Civil War
- Older taxidermy of a buck mount, a pheasant, and a duck
- Vintage fishing & outdoor items: fly rods & reels, creels, nets, wooden duck call, etc
- Vintage 1980's "Armatron" unit from Radio Shack
- Large setting of antique Copeland Spode "Buttercup" china dinnerware
- Several pieces of local art, including signed and numbered editions
- Antique and modern furniture pieces: ornate oak china hutch w/ attached mirror, antique barrister bookcase, large oak curved-glass curio/display cabinet, beautiful ornate hall tree w/ mirror & coat hooks, solid maple china hutch, several newer book cases, beautiful Victorian wall mirror w/ display shelf, antique "Nappanee" kitchen cabinet, drop leaf dining table w/ 6 additional leaves, and lots more!
- Several vintage wooden work benches, large vises, industrial cubbies, steel drawer units, locker sets, vintage steel stools, tool boxes, metal shelving & cabinets, and a large wooden cubby unit built in 1898...includes original manufacturers tag!
- Antique copper goose weather vane
- Antique cast iron school/church bell w/ yolk
- AND SO MUCH MORE! You have to check out the photo gallery with over 500 photos to get a good sense of what's in store at this sale...it's massive, and very eclectic. It would be nearly impossible to mention all the fantastic treasure here, so check out the pics! We can't wait to see you all again soon!