10-4-17 (original post)
We're nearing the end of our 2017 estate sale season, and we're going out with a fantastic bang! Our estate sale coming up on Nov. 2-4, located on the westside of Kalamazoo, is going to be one to remember! You'd never want to judge this "book" by its cover. It looks like any other classic mid-century ranch in Kalamazoo. However, inside you'll find the most wonderfully eclectic collection of antiques, collectibles, smalls, furniture, toys, electronics, vintage clothing, advertising, local historic pieces, and home goods that you'd ever hope to find! The home features the main floor, full basement, two-stall attached garage, and a shed out back...and every square foot is packed! There's also not much "filler"...every item has either a great practical or collectible value to it. And with Christmas coming up soon, this would be the perfect sale to kick off a great holiday shopping season! Mark your calendars for Thursday, Nov. 2 through Saturday, Nov. 4...and we'll see you all there!
There is way too much to list to do this sale justice, but I'll give it a shot!
Here's a list of the featured pieces in this sale:
- Huge selection of vintage electronics: Harman Kardon, Sony, Denon, Sansui, Hitachi, Advent, JC Penney, Silvertone, Tefag, Delco, Yamaha, Technics, BIC, Bose, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, RCA Victor, Magnavox, Bell, Aiwa, Clairtone, General Electric, Pfanstiehl, Teac, Vornado, Signal, Roadmaster, etc
- A great collection of ephemera: LOTS of local, national and international post cards, RPPC items, and a really nice historic archive of professional photos and negatives from Decatur, MI including a photo and RPPC of Edgar Bergen when he visited in the 1950's.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 220.
- Several vintage sewing machines, cabinets, notions, etc
- Set of 3 delphite blue Pyrex mixing bowls
- Dozens of vintage smoking pipes, lighters, pocket knives, antique kitchen/butcher knives, etc
- Vintage GM accessories/repair kits (from the 1930's - 1970's)
- Thousands of hand tools, power tools, auto body/automotive tools, etc
- Anvils, vices, bodywork hand held tools, etc
- 1950's Chevrolet coveralls, jackets, shirts etc - The homeowner worked for Krum Chevrolet in Decatur, MI from around 1955 to 1965.
- WWII military items: Nazi Luftwaffe camo field jacket, Nazi "black wound badge" pin, British military issue pocket mirror, etc
- Lots of vintage VW Volkswagen Beetle parts, etc: motor (not sure of year or run-ability), hub caps, fenders, chrome headlight trim, etc
- Good selection of antique and vintage books (includes local history, plat books, etc)
- Cast iron hollowware/cook ware
- Stihl chainsaws and trimmers
- Lots of great oil cans, quarts, oilers, etc
- Vintage Atlas metal lathe
- GREAT selection of vintage photography equipment, cameras, enlargers, developing supplies, lighting, bulbs, tripods, etc
- Vintage sporting goods: fishing poles, reels, tackle, rackets, golf clubs, etc
- Vintage telephones
- American Flyer train set
- Authentic Civil War US issue leather cap box, marked "Jewell / Maker / Hartford"
- Lots of vintage home furnishings: 1940's dining suite, leather recliners, sofas, oak mission-style side tables, etc
- 1950's Coca-Cola galvanized cooler
- 5 gallon Red Wing stoneware jug
- Vintage advertising clock made by "Pam" Clock Co: "Comfortzone Swim Pool Heaters by Lochinvar" - NEW in original box!
- Vintage Cub Cadet International 104 lawn tractor
- A dozen+ vintage Pendleton wool shirts
- Vintage licence plates (1938, 1970, 1979, etc)
- Lots of vintage toys: Matchbox, Nylint, Cox, Aurora HO slot cars and track, board games, etc
- Vintage "Passing Eye" dual side mirror, automotive accessory
- Rare obsoleted badges: "Deputy Warden Dept. of Conservation State of Michigan", and "Sheriff's Posse Plaquemines Parish Louisiana"
- Antique "Columbus Bottling Works" seltzer/mineral water dispenser bottle, "YoLanda Formerly Clarks Red Cross Big Rapids, Mich"
- Rare "Arctic Cat Panther Purple" snowmobile oil quart can
- AND TONS MORE!!! Also, don't forget to check out ALL of the pictures...there are over 600 photos, and I'm sure we'll be adding a few more by the end of October : )