Gay Gasper Estate Sales BRIER CREEK COUNTRY CLUB Moving Sale in Raleigh
moving sale•2 day sale •sale is over
4pm to 7pm
8am to 3pm
First come, first served. PARK ON ONE SIDE OF THE CUL-DE-SAC so that emergency vehicles can come and go if necessary, and make sure the neighbors can get in and out of their driveways.
SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE ASKED IF WE ARE PUTTING OUT A LIST, etc. Just for future reference, our company does not do that. For our sales, the list is started by the person who arrives first, starts the list, and STAYS IN THE AREA until the sale starts. That person is #1. #2 in line will be the person who gets there next who puts his/her name on the list, and STAYS and waits until the sale starts. No coming early, putting your name on the list and leaving; it's not fair to those who come early and wait. No putting names of people who aren't with you. You don't have to stand in line on the sidewalk - you can put your name on the list and go back to your car - but you can't leave. If you are a couple, both your names need to be on the list. At about ten minutes before time for the sale to start, everyone comes to the door and lines up in order of arrival. This is the fair, time-honored system that has always worked well for us.
No previews or prices given out prior to start of sale. We accept cash, checks and credit cards (ID required) for your convenience. All items are sold "as is"; no returns. Please bring your own help to load furniture and large items, as we cannot load. We are not responsible for accidents. We do keep packing paper and bags on hand. Well behaved children are always welcome at our sales.
Our clients have moved from their beautiful, 5600+ square foot Brier Creek Country Club home, leaving most of their home furnishings for us to sell, including lots of nearly-new furniture, glassware, DVDs, cds, etc.
There are sofas, loveseats, chairs, beds, tables, lamps, mirrors, a bar, a game table, a piano, etc. etc. The dining room holds a Thomasville Queen Anne style set with table, chairs, lighted china cabinet and sideboard. In the master bedroom, there's a beautiful king-size bed frame with a pair of American Drew side tables.
In addition to the furniture, there's a closetful of gorgeous women's clothing, shoes, costume jewelry and luxury brand accessories that would make Carrie Bradshaw green with envy!
Out back there's a handsome assortment of patio furniture, including two loungers, a patio bar set with barstools, and great table with armchairs.
FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE: JUST A COUPLE OF ADDITIONAL THINGS SHOPPERS NEED TO KNOW FOR TODAY.
1. LIKE MOST TAG SALES, OUR PARKING IS LIMITED. IT'S A CUL-DE-SAC. USE COMMON SENSE, AND MAKE SURE NEIGHBORS, AND ESPECIALLY A FIRE TRUCK, CAN COME AND GO.
2. OUR PRICES ARE FIRM FOR THIS SALE, BUT EVERYTHING IS PRICED TO SELL ON DAY ONE. Several people have called me and asked if items are going to be half off on day two. I do not believe in the philosophy of pricing a $50 chair at $100 on the first day, then telling you to come back for "half off bargains" on day two. At our sales, the deals are good when the door opens, and if you like something, you had better buy it or somebody else will.
3. Women's shoes are $20/pair on Friday. We will reduce prices on whatever shoe inventory remains after Friday.
4. The air conditioning upstairs is out of order. We are running fans and trying to cool it as much as possible, but it is still hot. The clothing, shoes, and bedroom furniture are all upstairs, so keep this in mind. Wear cool clothing if you are planning on coming to the sale. Downstairs is nice and cool.
We look forward to seeing all our customers today! Thanks so much.
- Stunning Hallet, Davis & Co. baby grand piano, model 146 - player piano with cds. Purchased in 2006. Elegant, beautiful touch for any home. Will require professional mover (we can recommend).
- Charming wooden child's "boat" bed with storage underneath
- Great selection of expensive designer shoes, size 7.5 and 8. Prada, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik...
- Fantastic array of costume jewelry, plus a few "real" vintage pieces
- So many things for the decorator and entertainer - glassware, rugs, etc.
If you are a professional stager, or are moving into a new home or apartment, don't miss this sale! Everything must be sold.
Sale hours are Friday, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m, and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
More photos to come as we stage and price this great sale.
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!