Paul McInnis LLC – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The property listed and described in this auction will be offered under the following terms and conditions of sale, such terms and conditions of sale and descriptions of items may be amended, updated or altered at the time and place of sale These terms and conditions of sale and any announcements shall be binding on any bidder or attendee (hereinafter referred to as registered bidder, buyer or attendee), whether present, represented by an agent, any absentee and/or Internet bidders. Bidders are bound by these terms and conditions of sale and the bidder registration form, which is incorporated in and made a part hereof. This auction is being conducted by Paul McInnis LLC Auctioneer (hereinafter referred to as PMLLC, Auction Company or Auctioneer).
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION – Online registration requires a bidder to place a credit card on file. New bidders must register at least twenty-four (24) hours before an auction and must provide us with documentation of their identity if requested.
2. VENUE – This auction is being conducted by way of a live virtual online-only auction event to begin May 12th at 2: p.m. EST. with optional ways to place Online Bids or Absentee Bids.
3. LOCATION OF THE COLLECTION: Offices of Paul McInnis, LLC One Juniper Road North Hampton, New Hampshire.
4. Limited Preview: Monday, May 10th and Tuesday, May 11th from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at our office at One Juniper Road, North Hampton, New Hampshire. Note: Inspections will be conducted in compliance with the NH Covid-19 Guidance parameters in force at the time of the inspection.
5. ABOUT THE AUCTION: Most of the lots in this auction originated from the Estate of John Moir, Jr, an eclectic collector and descendant of the founders of the Chase and Sanborn Coffee Co. of Boston, MA, in addition to consignments from local estates. It is hoped that you attend one of the inspections to determine on your own the condition of any lot. We are more than willing to provide verbal descriptions, please request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by providing the lot number and any related question(s), as well as a call-back phone number.
6. BUYER’S PREMIUM –A Buyer’s Premium is added to the high bid price to become the total purchase price as follows:
Absentee or Phone Bids: 20% (Twenty percent)
Online bids placed on paulmcinnis.nextlot.com: 20% (Twenty percent)
Online bids placed on liveauctioneers.com: 25% (Twenty-five percent)
Online bids placed on invaluable.com: 25% (Twenty-five percent)
7. PAYMENT TERMS – Payment in full must be made at the time of pickup by cash, cashier’s check, or wire transfer. Checks are only accepted with an original letter of guarantee addressed to Paul McInnis LLC which must be approved prior to Tuesday May 11th at 5:00 p.m. EST (see website for form). MasterCard and Visa credit cards accepted with a valid photo ID and credit card present at time of pickup.
For international buyers we require a wire transfer in US Funds. Invoices greater than $2,000 must be paid by Certified Check, Bank Check, or Wire Transfer.
8. SALES TAX – There is no sales tax in the State of New Hampshire. It shall be the buyers’ responsibility to pay all taxes applicable in their home state or country. Buyers will take delivery in New Hampshire no exceptions.
9. REMOVAL OF PROPERTY – None of the property may be removed from the premises until the total purchase price has been paid and funds cleared to the satisfaction of the Auctioneer. All property is to be removed, at buyer’s expense, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. within ten days of the auction. The auction company assumes no responsibility for acts or omissions for such handling including, but not limited to, theft, loss, damage, or any transportation, whether at the direction of the buyer or PMLLC. Buyer shall be solely responsible for packing, loading, shipping, or transportation of the buyer’s purchases at buyer’s sole expense.
10. PACKING, SHIPPING & INSURANCE – Paul McInnis LLC will not be responsible for arranging packing, shipping or insurance. Buyers must make their own arrangements with any vendors and complete a Shipping Request Form (available on our website) indicating a buyer's request for us to turn purchases over to any vendor for shipping.
Contacts for local vendors are as follows:
A.The UPS Store of North Hampton, New Hampshire, via email at: Store5174@theupsstore.com, call (603) 964-5022.
B.THE UPS STORE, Curtis or Olivia, 380 Lafayette Road, Seabrook, NH 03874, 603-474-2420, fax, 603-474-2432, Cell (603)953-7358, email, email@example.com.
C.THE PARCEL ROOM, Portsmouth, NH, Jeff- 603-431-4205 Info@ParcelRoom.com
11. “AS-IS” “WHERE-IS” – All property is sold “as-is” and “where-is,” all sales are final and neither PMLLC nor the seller makes any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property being sold. In no event shall PMLLC or the seller be responsible for the correctness of or be deemed to have made any representation or warranty of, merchantability, fitness for purpose, description, size, genuineness, year of manufacture, attribution, provenance or condition concerning the property, or any warranty that any item complies with any applicable federal or state laws. All measurements are approximate (note frames are not measured). No statement set forth in the brochure and catalog, or made at the sale, or in the bill of sale or invoice or elsewhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. PMLLC makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the descriptions or representations as listed in the catalogue listing or of the mileage and/or odometer readings or serial, body or chassis numbers. PMLLC acts exclusively as the agent of the seller. All bidders acknowledge that PMLLC is under no obligation to verify the accuracy of any information provided; furthermore, all bidders represent that they have conducted their own inspection and due diligence. Auction subject to errors, omissions and withdrawals. It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. All goods are sold “As-Is” and “Without Recourse.” Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding.
12. BIDDING INCREMENTS – Paul McInnis LLC reserves the right to change bid increments at any time prior to or during the auction.
13. DISPUTE BETWEEN BIDDERS – If any dispute arises among bidders, the Auctioneer may decide the same or may immediately put the lot or item up for sale again and resell to the highest bidder. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for missed bids, un-executed absentee bids or Internet bids. In the event of a tie bid between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bidder will take precedence. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final and absolute.
14. CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE – Title to the property shall pass to the Buyer upon the Auctioneer’s declaration as “Sold” or if high bid is confirmed acceptable to the Seller, subject to the compliance by the Buyer of the terms of sale. Buyer assumes all responsibility for the item or items and shall pay the total purchase price. All sales are final, subject only to these terms and conditions. Buyer assumes all risk of loss whether by damage, theft, fire, etc. from the time the hammer falls or they become the high bidder.
15. Default – Should any successful bidder fail to make payment in full within 10 days of the auction the auctioneer and seller reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-offer any lot or lots at their sole discretion. In addition the auctioneer and or seller reserve their right to seek remedies for damages.
16. ERRORS – Auction subject to errors, omissions and withdrawals. PMLLC reserves the right to refuse to register any person for any reason in the sole discretion of PMLLC.
17. RESERVATION – The Auctioneer reserves the right, without giving any reason, to withdraw any items or lots from the auction and the right to reject any or all bids.
18. RELEASE – Persons attending the inspection, preview, exhibition and/or auction shall assume all risks and/or liabilities and shall specifically release and hold harmless the auctioneer from any and all liability. Neither the auctioneer nor his principal shall be liable by reason of a defect in, or condition of, the premises on which the inspection, preview, exhibition and/or auction is held. Bidders and all others in attendance at the auction hereby acknowledge that still photography and/or any other visual/audio recording may be in use at the auction. Said photography and/or visual/audio recordings may be used by PMLLC for any purpose at any future date. Bidders and all others in attendance at this auction also hereby waive all residual rights or claims that might arise from use of these pictures for any purpose at any future date.
19. APPLICABLE LAW – This auction is being conducted under the conditions of the Uniform Commercial Code, NH RSA 382A:2-328 titled “Sale by Auction”. The rights and obligations of the agent, seller, and buyer with respect to the terms and conditions of sale shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of New Hampshire. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person, or by agent, by absentee bid, Internet bid or telephone, the buyer shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Hampshire courts. PMLLC shall have the rights afforded a secured party for any defaults by the buyer. For any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement and/or the auction event, or the breach thereof, any registered bidders and others in attendance agree to arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Such arbitration to be held in the State of New Hampshire before a single arbitrator by the AAA and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Entry into the preview, auction site or placing any bids constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
Picasso Pottery, Paintings, Bronzes, Silver, Photography Equipment and more from a Private Estate
Live Virtual Online Auction Wednesday, May 12th at 2:00 p.m.
A selection of paintings, etchings and prints by artists such as: Ernest Lawson, Leon Lhermitte, Jules Dupre, Henri Joseph Harpignies, J.J. Enneking, Picasso, Constant Troyon, Bessie Howard (after Frank Benson), C. Brochart, Marian P. Sloane, A. Fink, Warren Barry, Albrecht Dürer, Kennard Harris, Chas. H. Osborne, Amedeo Modigliani, Dean Faucett, Fernando Zobel, Carlos Merida, Brackman, Bernard Childs, John Cook, Willy Von Beckerath, August Fink, H.L. Fink, Bernard Buffet, Stobart and others.
Three important Pablo Picasso and Madoura ceramics - "Tete De Chèvre" goat face platter, “Femme du Barbu” pitcher and “Lampe Femme” vase, Impressive Sevres porcelain Allegorical four seasons pedestal 31”H, Carl Kauba US Soldier on Horseback 22” bronze, Austrian Elephant Tiger Hunt cold painted bronze, several lots of sterling silver including serving pieces and flatware, great cased traveling cocktail set, Chinese Export tea set, Tribal Liberian face masks, jade items, Oriental rugs, 2 flintlock rush lighters, etc.
Collection of Hasselblad, Leica and Rolleiflex cameras and lenses. Beautiful custom built 3-part machinist chest in walnut.
Limited Preview: Monday, May 10th and Tuesday, May 11th from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at our office at One Juniper Road, North Hampton, New Hampshire.
Mask and Social Distancing Required
|1||Austrian cold painted bronze elephant tiger hunt, stamped Gesch, on granite base, 15"H x 11"L|
|2||Pablo Picasso EXPOSITION 55 VALLAURIS, one color linoleum cut poster, framed, Kanegis Gallery, Boston, MA label on reverse, 26" x 21"|
|3||Gouache on paper, village landscape by Dean Faucett, 1941, signed lower right, 21" x 29"|
|4||Two English Silver pots, total weight 33 oz|
|5||Oriental Scroll, Schuyler Lee|
|6||Painting, landscape with pond, signed lower left, Enneking '82, 10" x 12"|
|7||Bronze ceremonial sceptor and bronze figure|
|8||Sterling Silver well tree platter, total weight: 49 oz|
|9||Pastel of two nudes signed Brackman (Robert) 25" x 18"|
|10||Oriental painting of flowers on parchment, signed, 14 1/2" x 23 1/2"|
|11||Grouping of English silver, total weight 28 oz|
|12||Oil on board painting with cattle, sheep and figures in the background, signed lower left, Constant Troyon, 11" x 15"|
|13||Colored lithograph, multi-scene bull fight, "Corrida De Toros", "Victor Adam Litho", visible tears on lower third, 25" x 30 1/2"|
|14||Grouping of sterling silver smalls, total weight 35 oz|
|15||3 White carved jade items and a clear glass carving|
|16||European village scene, oil on canvas, signed Harpignies, 10 1/2 " x 8 1/2"|
|17||Oil on board of a fishing shack in Nova Scotia, signed Zuckerberg, 15" x 15"|
|18||Landscape painting, "Forest Houses", oil on board, signed lower right E. L. Lawson|
|19||3 Sterling silver holloware items, total weight 75 oz|
|20||Rare 3 piece Chinese Export porcelain strap handle tea set|
|21||Landscape with brook, oil on board with original frame, signed lower left, E. Lawson, 15" x 21"|
|22||Colored engraving, "Deep Sea Fishing", 1/15, signed Francois ?? '52, 20 1/2" x 15 1/2"|
|23||7 Sterling silver pieces, total weight 64.5 oz|
|24||Lying hare, monogrammed AD 1502, 9 1/2" x 8 1/2"|
|25||Oil on canvas, Rising Mist, landscape with trees, signed E. Lawson, original frame, 20" x 24"|
|26||Painted and fabric Chinese Oriental two-part screen with significant damage, each panel is 68 1/2"H x 35 1/2"W|
|27||Etching "Lola de Valene" by Edouard Manet, 10" x 7"|
|28||European landscape of a hay wagon crossing a bridge, oil on canvas, signed lower right ??, Frost and Reed Label No. 2729, 10 3/4" x 15"|
|29||John Stobart print, hand signed and remarked by Stobart, "Tierra Del Fuego", 180/650, 22" x 30"|
|30||Sterling silver lot, (2) platters and (12) bread plates, total weight 88 oz|
|31||Soumac Oriental rug, 8'10" x 10', shows wear|
|32||Bokhara Oriental rug, 3' x 4'6"|
|33||Caucasian prayer rug, 3'4" x 5'7"|
|34||Etching, single bird, artist proof, signed Zobel, 5" x 10 3/4"|
|35||Etching "Pruiba" signed Zobel '65, 7 3/4" x 9 3/4"|
|36||Charcoal on paper, laid on canvas, landscape scene with mill and figures, signed Leon L'hermitte, in original frame under glass, 17" x 22"|
|37||Two sterling silver trays, total weight 65 oz|
|38||Oil on panel, woodland scene, signed A. Fink, 9" x 11 1/2"|
|39||Monumental Sevres porcelain pedestal, Allegorical Four Season pedestal on base, cross swords marks, incised "A 178", Circa 1853, 31"H|
|40||Landscape painting, summer scene, oil on canvas, Jules Dupre, 10" x 13"|
|41||Sterling silver teapot and tray, total weight 38 oz|
|42||Cold painted bronze soldier on horseback shooting a pistol, many fine details, signed C. Kauba, 22 1/2"H x 15"W|
|43||Oil on canvas, boat and fish shacks, signed lower left, John Cook '73, 16" x 20"|
|44||Four Continental silver items|
|45||24 Lithograph, signed in pencil Carlos Merida 1937, "Prueba de Artista", 13 1/2" x 10 1/2"|
|46||Wonderful pastel portraits of two woman, signed C. Brochart, 13" x 10"|
|47||Cased traveling cocktail set, silver plated by Reed '87, consisting of a cocktail shaker, 12 goblets, an ice bucket and platter , lot "as-is"|
|48||After Frank Benson's "Elenaor 1907" in the MFA, oil on canvas, signed Bessie J. Howard 1917|
|49||Large Folio American Art book with 25 plates, Sylvester Koehler Author, Publisher Cassell & Co,1886, book is in great condition, original box has some damage, 15" x 12 1/4"|
|50||Pablo Picasso and Madoura Ceramics "Femme du Barbu" pottery pitcher, inscribed 'Edition Picasso' with the Edition Picasso and Madoura stamps, 15 1/4"H|
|51||Oil on canvas "Splendor" still life with flower, signed by monogram lower right, Hammer Gallery, NY stamp on back, 31" x 27"|
|52||Fish set and fruit set|
|53||Lot of etchings and engravings|
|54||Japanese print, two horses, labeled on reverse, circa 1740, by Marikuni, 8" x 6"|
|55||Pablo Picasso and Madoura Ceramics "Lampe Femme", numbered 65/100, inscribed 'Edition Picasso', partially glazed and painted blue and grey, with the Madoura Plein Feu and Edition Picasso stamps, 14"H|
|56||Mixed lot of silver, etc.|
|57||A Spanish travel poster, "SPANIEN" printed in Spain, 39 1/2" x 23"|
|58||Oil on canvas "Maine", signed Marian P. Sloane, 30" x 24"|
|59||Watercolor, female profile, signed "F", 11" x 7"|
|60||Pablo Picasso and Madoura Ceramics goat head platter "Tete De Chevre de Profil", with the Empreinte Originale de Picasso and Madoura stamps, 20 1/4"|
|61||Lithograph Shore Scene, signed lower right Bernard Buffet, 38/75, 19 1/2 " x 25 1/2"|
|62||Oil on board still life "Apples", signed by monogram, Hammer Gallery, NY stamp, 14 1/2" x 18 1/2"|
|63||Flintlock tender lighter engraved "W.G. Burcher Hill Top West Bromwitch 1738"|
|64||Flintlock tender lighter|
|65||Oil on canvas, two masted ship in port, signed lower right Chas H. Osborne '11, 1937, Thulin frame, 12 1/4" x 18"|
|66||Oil on canvas still life, signed with monogram lower right, Hammer Gallery, NY stamp, 24" x 19"|
|67||Line drawing on paper, in the manner of Amedeo Modigliani, crayon drawing, faded from the sunlight, label on reverse, 12" x 9"|
|68||Artist Proof, "The Island", 9/15, signed Childs '63, 14" x 14 1/2"|
|69||Oil on board floral still life, signed with monogram, 20" x 16"|
|70||Lot of artwork John Kiraly, Michael Clayton McCullough, Japanese tree signed M.W., still life signed C. Spitzweg and lithograph by Thielley|
|71||Lot of (41) Coin silver spoons|
|72||Print, Johannes Brahms at the piano, by Willy von Beckerath, 23 1/2" x 18"|
|73||Acrylic on board, "Mushrooms", signed lower right, Ken Kirby '72, 9" x 12"|
|74||Harold Haven Brown, colored woodcut, sailing ship, 8" diameter, signed in pencil|
|75||Haida, Northwest Coast, Argillite pipe with totemic figures and bone mouth piece, stem of pipe is broken off, 13"L x 3"H|
|76||Beadwork, tapestry and German silver mesh purses|
|77||Watercolor, "Country Road" Ireland, signed Frank J. Egginton '70, 20 1/2" x 29"|
|78||Oil on canvas, laid on board, Native American in canoe, signed Clara Nash 1925, 19 1/2" x 14"|
|79||Carved wooden African ceremonial Scepter, 11"H|
|80||Beautiful custom built 3-part machinist chest in walnut on castors, 32"W x 20"D x 58"H|
|81||Early wood carpenter's chest with drawer, 21" x 13" x 10"|
|82||Three sets of spoons and an odd lot of spoons|
|83||Oil on board, man with his dogs, signed R.? J.Brook, 24 1/2" x 18 1/2"|
|84||Watercolor of a church, signed R. McAllister Lloyd, 1965, 14" x 21 1/2"|
|85||Watercolor of a house in snow, signed lower right, R. McAllister Lloyd, 16" x 23"|
|86||Three tribal wooden masks from Liberia, one mask marked Gio|
|87||Three tribal wooden masks from Liberia|
|88||Polynesian carvings - young boy with chicken and two other figures|
|89||Three tribal wooden masks from Liberia|
|90||Two tribal wooden masks from Liberia|
|91||Watercolor, "Spring Thaw", signed R. McA. Lloyd, 13 3/4" x 20"|
|92||Oil on panel, Frozen Pond (cotton candy sky), signed D Kidiel, 9 1/2" x 15 1/2"|
|93||Oil on linen, mounted on board, Pigeons, signed R. Champion, 6" x 9 1/2"|
|94||Etching inscribed "High Noon Port aux Prince, Haiti" Philip Kappel, 7" x 9"|
|95||Native American Maria type pottery 4 1/2" tray and a red clay 6" pottery dish with slip decoration|
|96||African Tribal headdresses, game board and two figures|
|97||Colored pencil drawing, Western scene by Welton Charley, 17" x 12"|
|98||Pencil drawing,Western Plains scene by Welton Charley, 18 1/4" x 24"|
|99||Four assorted pictures by Welton Charley '94|
|100||Three pastel Native American portraits by Welton Charley 18 1/2" x 13 1/2", 16" x 12 1/2", 10 1/2" x 8 1/2"|
|101||Watercolor, shore scene with sail boats, signed lower left ?Warren Barry?, 6" x 12 1/2"|
|102||Silk screen lobster on parchment,signed in pencil, October 28, 1954, Herbert L Fink, 19 1/4" x 24"|
|103||Chinese knife blade, Native American beadwork and a carved stone|
|104||Lot of helmets|
|105||(2) Stereo Realist cameras with guide|
|106||Minox B Camera with built in exposure meter, Nicca camera 3-S No65368 with Zunow lens and TDC Stereo Colorist camera with leather case|
|107||Leica DBP camera 764-352 Elmar f= 5cm lens, Hektor f=13,5cm Nr854887 lens & (2) Elmar f=5cm 1:3,5 and more|
|108||Assorted lot of Leica filters, many original red boxes|
|109||Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Thambar lens f=9cm, 1:2,2 No375332 with leather case|
|110||Leitz Thambar lens f=9cm, 1:2,2 with original red case No283103|
|111||Leitz Hektor lens f=13.5 cm No824782 with leather case and Hektor f = 2.8 cm with leather case|
|112||Zeiss folding finder 433/26 and Leitz Spezialsucher|
|113||(3) Leitz Elmar lenss f=9cm Nr1339564, f=3.5cm red box & f=50mm 1:3,5 red box and 2 Elmar shades|
|114||Hasselblad 500 EL camera, Distagon f=50 mm lens Nr4345409, Zeiss Sonna 1:5,6 f=250mm Nr4207509 lens, Zeiss Planar 1:2,8 f=80mm Nr4488759 lens, pistol grip, extension tubes, instruction manual, etc. (note pitting on chrome)|
|115||Hasselblad 500 C Camera with Planar f=80 mm lens Nr4288878, camera guide and 1973 price list|
|116||Hasselblad bellows extension 40223, cassettes, tripod coupling, automatic magazine 12|
|117||Marketing material and a book "The Hasselblad Way" by H. Freytag|
|118||Rolleiflex camera lot 1489996 with leather carry case, extension hood, filters and accessories|
|119||Hasselblad accessories, 2 Magazine 70's, Magazine 100 for Polaroid, assorted filters|
|120||Pair of New Jersey porcelain license plates, #7018|
|121||Pair of Pennsylvania porcelain license plates, #72730|
|122||Pair of Massachusetts porcelain license plates, #18921|
|123||Maine porcelain license plate, #13161|
|124||Massachusetts porcelain license plate, #43663|
|125||Pair of Pennsylvania porcelain license plates, #42754|
|126||Four framed Vanity Fair automotive colored lithographs, 13 1/2" x 19 1/2"|
Absentee and Online Bidding Welcomed - Absentee Form Here
Additional viewing available at liveauctioneers.com or invaluable.com
Lic. #2089 • (603) 964-1301 • Ref. #21PM-12
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!