RENFIELD ESTATE SALES is proud to host this outstanding sale and promise it will be well worth the trip if you attend …
There is so much in this sale we will be editing and adding pictures daily as we are adding pieces to the sale every hour!
We are selling the entire high quality house contents of a life long collector of Asian antiques acquired by a prominent banking executive while stationed and traveling throughout Asia. Close-out items from last weeks sale will be sold at enormous discounts and open to negotiation.
Household items including linens, antique Asian furniture, crystal glass sets, sterling flatware (Oneida Martinique pattern and Kirk Stieff rose pattern sterling flatware), large selection of jewelry including many pieces of sterling set with genuine hard stones (coral, turquoise, pearls, lapis, semi-precious, onyx, etc.) New turquoise pieces added this week. There is a sterling silver box collection and a collection of Limoges boxes. Two lamps were added this week, a Louis Comfort Tiffany nautilus shell lamp and a gorgeous reversed painted table lamp.
FURNITURE FOR SALE INCLUDES:
- Large Chinese jadeite statue with mottled vein lines (as is)
- Two massive carved stone Buddha head images
- Mid-19th century Chinese elmwood tapered cabinet with open bar sides and doors.
- Shanghai 18th century blackwood Karg table with six relief carved dragon panels, rare example "old Hong Kong"
- Chinese elmwood and bamboo tapered form (two level) storage pantry southern China circa 1860
- Late 19th C. southern Chinese soft finished elmwood six-sided bar side stool - unusual piece
- Sanxi Province 18th C. burgundy lacquered double door unit side cabinet with rare upturned ends
- Kang cabinet late 18th C. fine medallion fluted hardware and long locking drawer handles all original
- Late 18th - early 19th C. Sanxi province burgundy lacquered double door unit with rare upturned ends original hardware (some damage to rt leg)
- Very fine tapered wide bodied cabinet early 19th C. original hardware and interior lacquer (pin has been replaced, top restoration)
- Late 18th -early 19th C. very tall chest on chest with a blind storage compartment and 2 interior drawers, proportions typical of very early Beijing style wardrobes.
- Ming Dynasty Reproduction no longer possible to replicate small chest on chest (2 pieces) full lacquer coverage of pine brown sepia with rampant dragon design over clouds and vases on the baseboard. produced in the 1980's and sold in 1990's for $10,000.00 sides are painted interior lined with tapestry brocade cloth est. price today $25,000.00 with 10% yearly increase in vale
Many of the pieces were professionally appraised and authenticated as to their age, condition, and origin when they were purchased during the 1900's and are being sold well below their appraisal price (paper work will be included with sale).
GLASSWARE, DISHES AND POTTERY:
- Chinese -Canton area, circa 1875 to 1908 late Qing Dynasty turquoise flambe' planter
- Royal Daulton Angelique pattern, service for 12
- Kirk Stieff rose sterling flatware service for 12
- Interiors Fantasia pattern dishes - 5+ place settings
- 12 Hoya Crystal "flowers of the month"
- Massive pair Canton province wine jars, late 19th to early 20th C. heavy stoneware body with wide shoulders and rolled lip golden brown glaze in "very good" condition.
ANTIQUES and ARTIFACTS:
- rare early 20th C. elmwood birdcage- fine workmanship, beautiful details with screen. Poem written on screen, original jade pins, carved wooden figure holder, with bowl
- Chinese elmwood water bucket with original finish- brass-ringed, lob ears 19th century
- Pair of framed, carved story window panels - gold leaf - age 80 to 90 years old
- Late 18th century Shanghai blackwood tray
- Chinese woven desk box excellent quality unusual
- Red lacquered rectangular leather money case with brass handle
- Japanese tea cabinet (restored)
- Thai street vendor cart
- Rattan woven to bamboo letter box with compartment approx 80 years old
- Old weathervane from Maryland farm
- Kayserzinn pewter pieces
- Pair of small "Khagangma" or sitting rug woven with a design of a central dragon medallion with floral springs on a dark red madder field, surrounded by borders of indigo
- Pair of "Khaden" sleeping rugs woven with a dragon chasing a flaming pearl of wisdom with a single lotus Tibet, 1900-1920
- Onida heirloom sterling sliver service for 12 plus demitasse spoons and 5 serving pieces - Martinique pattern Kirk Stieff rose sterling flatware
- Sterling Christmas ornaments
Works of Art:
- Chinese Peasant Paintings
- Four Seasons Chinese prints
- Old English botanical prints (matted ready for framing)
- Selection of Christmas decorations and holiday serving pieces
MORE ITEMS ADDED DAILY!!!