Estate sale due to death in the family. This was a family of artists, writers, musicians, show business performers and producers. The last remaining living member is a formerly well-known Las Vegas performer and producer.
Father was a world-famous commercial artist who created gorgeous water colors and temperas in his leisure time. He also collected art from his famous friends. He was an avid photographer and gathered a lot of contemporary and historic equipment, both for cameras and for darkrooms.
Mother was a writer who loved to collect eccentric artists and their works. They both loved fine things and favored antiques. Some things they carried home from Jordan after a photographic expedition to the Dead Sea.
One family member was a famous Hollywood set designer, and his work lined the walls.
Karen Nelson Bell, the youngest remaining member of the family (in her Seventies) came to Vegas in 1967 as an opening act for Don Rickles and later as pianist for Paul Anka. Her memorabilia mostly includes posters, photographs, and costumes of her own lounge groups ("Kelly Stevens Carnival" and "Karen Nelson and Billy T"). She later created, directed, and produced "Country Tonite," the show in the main room of the Aladdin Hotel from 1992 until it was imploded. The show was a hit on CBS for a season, and Karen accumulated a large quantity of memorabilia from the crowd favorite.
By the way, this is not a garage sale, and we'd love to have respectful offers. However, everything must go
- Maple furniture set: Chippendale Slant Front Desk, small chest, large chest of drawers
- Kawai Concert Grand Piano, 7 foot, Glossy Ebony finish, 1980, brilliant tone, professional model
- Custom 1957 Oval Window Volkswagon Bug
- World Adventurer Bedroom Suite with African Elephant motif. King, side tables, large low chest, large high chest, enormous mirror, matching artwork and lamps
- Women's high-end cruising bike, Raleigh, with all accessories. Extremely comfortable ride.
- Lazy Boy leather double recliner and companion recliner for two. Caramel color.
- Coffee table or hope chest with faux leather design
- Hand-crafted Luchese Exotic Western Cowboy Boots, Horn Back Alligator, size 13, ($2,000 new)
- Antique copper kanoon (barbecue fire pit with ornate cover) from Holy Land
- Professional digital keyboard controller, 88 keys
- Milk glass bowl
- Antique pitcher from Jerusalem
- Maple sectional desk with file cabinet
- One-of-a-kind leather and feather vest, gift from Paul Anka to Karen
- Original limited edition print, "Blue Dawn," by famous wildlife artist, Jules Scheffer
- World War II Army Jacket, hat, tie, belt, and medals
- Luxury alpaca bedspread ($5,000 new)
- Oak bedroom set: bed, dresser, 2 night stands
- Folding tables (2)
- Sequined costumes for ladies
- High-end clothing, leather and furs
- Books, 40 boxes of books, including coffee table books
- Huge impressive mirrors (3)
- Heavy-duty UPS, uninterruptible power source
- Vintage photos
- Vintage music cassettes
- Vintage sheet music, classical music, and fake books
- Vintage vinyl records, 78s, 45s, LPs
- Professional percussion instruments
- 36-key Melodica wind instrument with piano keyboard
- Match books
- Blank VHS tapes with labels, T-60, 50 per box, 1,500+ tapes
- Antique Teddy Bear, born in 1946
- Propane tanks (2)
- Weider 175 Gym Set with many weights and bench
- Large wire-rack utility shelf, 4-shelf
- Bedding, linens
- Fancy high-end cigar humidor
- Kodak slide projector and about 50 empty carousels
- Famous seminar study courses
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 3211.