Dec 8-9 Hybrid Estate Sale off Cedar Ln
Online Auction w Buy Now Options + Lovely Tag Sale
HOURS: Friday Dec 8th, by Appointment due to size of house
Online Auction Closes Friday Night w 1st item Closing at 8 PM!
Saturday Dec 9th, Open to the Public 9-3 with 50% off Remaining Items at 1 PM
Appointment Scheduler will open Sunday Dec 3rd
Seven Seas will conduct a Hybrid Sale with Online Auction + Tag Sale to liquidate all contents of a sweet home off Cedar Ln, over the weekend of Dec 8-9. It’s a small house so we will run the sale by Appointment on Friday. Anyone can get an appointment using our online scheduler which will open on Sunday Dec 3rd. We’ll make the address public late Friday afternoon so that Saturday will be open to the public, with no need to appointments.
THE ONLINE AUCTION has a fabulous Grandfather Clock; spotless Lift Chair; Antique Handmade China Cupboard and lots of other pretty vintage furniture, plus a nice Husqvarna riding mower! In addition the auction has more Clocks; Masonic items; a railroad Scale; Morgan & Peace Silver Dollars; Jewelry; Art and other Collectibles! It’s a fun auction – and by popular request we have put a ‘Buy Now’ price on everything as well. You may claim the item with the ‘Buy Now’ price and pick up either day. Otherwise all items sell to the highest bidder and winners must pick up items on Saturday, Dec 9th between 9 am and Noon.
THE TAG SALE includes everything else in the house including more small furniture; all the kitchen small appliances and fun retro dining items; more Art; Household goods; Tools; WWII and Railroad items, and more! See the Tag Sale listing and Photos below for this portion of the sale. To attend Friday you’ll need an appointment but we’ll be open to all comers on Saturday.
CLICK HERE FOR APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE AUCTION
CLICK HERE FOR THE TAG SALE PHOTOS
ONLINE AUCTION LISTING (See below for Tag Sale items, or click the HOME link on the auction page.)
- Immaculate Round Dining Table with 6 Chairs, also all in very good condition. The table is by Home Elegance, and we have the original receipt, from 2010, for $400.00. It has a pie-shaped inlay on the top and has apparently spent its whole life under a cover, because there's not a scratch on it. Measues 4' in diameter. The chairs are bentwood Oak, with a pretty openwork backsplat, Queen Anne legs, and turned spindles and braces. There are 2 captain's chairs and 4 arm chairs. They also have a striped upholstery in neutral colors of cream, browns, green and red.
- Vintage Oak Buffet with 2 Drawers over 4 Doors. Measures 59" wide, 18" deep, 33" tall. This piece is all real Oak, with paneling in the bottom of the drawers, and the finish is in good clean condition.
- Antique Handmade Mahogany China Hutch, with 1 drawer and 2 doors in the base, and a 2-shelf top with a wavy-edged frame around the opening. It's in beautiful condition with a nice finish and no notable scratches. 41" wide, 17.5" deep, 71" tall.
- Super Sturdy Butcher Block Table with a white painted base, turned and tapered legs, and a 3.5" thick top that looks like Teak. Measures 23.5" square and is in very good condition, with just a couple of rough spots on the white paint, which could easily be repaired.
- Stately Grandfather Clock, with a German movement and shiny brass weights and pendulum. It has a beautiful and extra-wide 32" case with faux half-columns down the sides, beveled glass in the door and side panels, and a domed top with pretty carved ornament. Runs and chimes on an 8-bar chime. It's in excellent overall condition and we have the paperwork and a note that it was purchased in 2009 for $1795.00. (This item previously showed sold on buy now but we've learned that was a mistake so it is still available!)
- MedLift Model 3055 Lift Chair, with the original receipt for $630.00 in 2014. It's in a plush red velvet that's still in excellent condition and barely shows any sign of use. Has an elastic magazine pocket on the right side. The mechanism operates perfectly using the remote and it's the quietest one we've ever had in a sale.
- Lovely Cherry Round Accent Table with a beautiful turned center post and 3 legs underneath. It's in very good overall condition but there's little bit of maybe sun damage to the finish on the very outer edge. Measures 19.5 diameter and 23" tall.
- Classic Oval 1-drawer Stand, with a lyre-shaped base and beautiful top painted to look like an elaborate inlay. It also has a custom-made Lucite protector for the top. Measures 22" wide, 14" deep, 27" tall. In excellent overall condition.
- Vintage Oak Entertainment Unit with the unique feature of a roll-top type covering for the TV opening. It has 2 drawers and 1 door in the base, and a side section with an adjustable shelf and a pull-out tray on the upper section. The trim appears to be real oak, but the top and sides are a laminate. Measures 49" wide, 20.5" deep, 48" tall.
- Matching Low Profile Sofa and Easy Chair with cream colored upholstery in excellent condition and showing very little wear. They have matching tufted backs, and include arm covers. They are unmarked, so we assume they've been recovered to this style sometime in their lives. The cushions are firm and the foam is still springy. Sofa measures 82" wide, 32" deep, 31" tall; chair is 31" wide, 32" deep, 31" tall.
- Handsome 6-Drawer Chest with Mirror, with Pecan Wood drawer fronts and a Pecan-Style Formica-type laminate on top. The drawer fronts have a pretty edging with a 4-leaf clover carved pattern and handsome broad handles. The top of the mirror has a geometric openwork accent. Measures 54" wide, 18" deep, 77" tall including mirror. In very good overall condition with no significant areas of wear.
- Matching 5-drawer Chest on Chest with the same carved accents on the 2 bottom drawers, but not on the upper 3. It's also in very good condition with no significant areas of wear. Measures 40" wide, 18" deep, 48" tall.
- Matching Nightstand and Full-Sized Bed with mattress and boxspring. The nightstand has the same carved accents on the drawers and little evidence of wear. The Headboard has a pretty carved openwork. The mattress set has been kept immaculate with a plastic protector and is a Brothers Bedding "Stability" Pillowtop Mattress. There is also a padded topper. It looks like you might be able to adjust the headboard to accommodate a queen-sized mattress set. The footboard is very low profile, with finials that match the headboard. (Bedding shown sold separately.)
- Pretty Solid Oak, Footed Jewelry Box on Queen Anne Legs, with 3 drawers, swing-out sides, and a lift-up top with a mirror. It's in very good clean condition. Measures 17" wide, 14" deep, 36" tall.
- Extremely Outrageous Retro Ewer-Shaped Lamps with a center section consisting of a large white sphere covered with gold flower accents, with the pitcher spout and handle above and a heavy base below. They both have spotless white shades and are in good working condition. 36" tall overall.
- Beautiful Brass Antique Oil Lamp with a large round glass globe on the top, that has been electrified, with a bulb inside the globe. The original oil mechanism framing is still there and the button where the fuel went in says "made in United States of America." There are brass claw feet on the base, and the section immediately above has cherubs on each side. That's followed by an onyx column, and the central ball has lots of stamped metal with openwork and cameo profiles. Measures 32" tall including the glass chimney and is in good operable condition.
- Signed, Numbered, Jim Gray Print of a Covered Bridge, entitled "Autumn Afternoon." Framed and Matted at Liz-Beth and with a Jim Gray info tag on the back. Print is #851 of 1500. Measures 23" x 28" in the frame. Currently $500.00 at the Jim Gray Gallery, unframed.
- Signed and Framed Guy Coheleach Print of the" Longbilled Marsh Wren." It measures 22" x 18" in the frame.
- Initial Signed and Framed Guy Coheleach Print of the "Snow Leopard Head." Measures 24" x 28" in the frame and is in good overall condition although the paper appears to have a few little brown spots showing up on it.
- Large Framed Photo of an old Coal-Fired Engine and Train. Measures 23" x 27" in the frame.
- Beautiful Queen Anne Cherry 2-Drawer Silverware Chest by Thomasville. It is one of their Commemorative, Limited Edition Pieces for their Silver Anniversary, so it is numbered and is #984. It's in excellent condition and has silver drawer inserts by "The Guardian" and a set of skeleton keys to operate the locks. The top has been under the cover of a runner, so it's in excellent condition. Measures 34" wide, 20" deep, 32" tall.
- Pretty Oak Dome-Top Mantel Clock, with a stamped floral design. It has a quartz movement and a Winchester chime. Measures 18" wide, 12" tall. It's in working condition.
- Handmade Walnut Accent Table with a turned center column and 3 legs. It's been well protected with doilies and has a beautiful finish with no scratches. Measures 18" wide, 16" deep, 24" tall.
- Matching Dresser and Nightstand by "Huntley by Thomasville." This is a beautiful set in a natural colored Oak with recessed handles similar to a campaign style. The dresser is very unique, with 4 narrow drawers down the center of the upper section and a door on either side, and 2 drawers in the base. Measures 42" wide, 19" deep, 54" tall. The nightstand has 1 drawer over 2 doors and has a little more wear, but is still in very good condition. Measures 24" x 16" deep 24" tall.
- Queen Sized Bed with a pretty Pine headboard with a pretty wrought-iron accent in the center. The Simmons mattress set has been protected under plastic and is in very good clean condition. (Bedding shown sold separately.)
- Gorgeous Antique Lyre-Base Table with an Empire Styling. In very good overall condition. It has a single drawer under the top and the legs on each end curve and scroll to form the shape of an antique lyre; and it has a single-board sturdy brace underneath as well. It's in very good sturdy condition and probably the oldest thing in t he house. There are a couple of scratches on the top from use, but overall the finish is still beautiful. Measures 42" wide, 26" deep, 28" tall
- Matched PAIR of Tweed Armchairs, in good clean condition, with very little wear. They have armcovers and are not signed, suggesting that this is not their first covering.
- Pretty Tilt-Top Table with a Pie Wedge Inlay in the top. In good sturdy condition, but the old inlay is not so smooth anymore. Measures 14.5" diameter and 29" tall.
- Spectacular Framed Masonic Print of "From Darkness to Light" showing a copyright of 1887, from the Pettibone Company of Cincinnati. It is beautifully framed at 29" x 35" and features images of a Masonic altar and a pathway leading to a holy city in the sky. It also has several spaces to write your name in as you pass certain milestones in Masonic study, and these are still blank, so this is like new and still usable if you wanted to.
- Grouping of Beautiful Masonic Items, including: a wonderful vintage hat with the double eagle; a leather apron in a tube with the Masonic symbol; a 32-degree like diploma from 1956; and a blue lodge textbook from Mississippi 1949, and a "Historical Data" booklet from the Master's Lodge in Knoxville.
- Original Photo from 1956 of the "22nd SemiAnnual Reunion of the Knoxville Scottish Rite Bodies." Measures 14" x 17" in the frame.
- Signed and Numbered Print of an Exotic Bird by R.J. McDonald. #966 of 2500. Measures 14.5" x 18.5" in the frame.
- Signed, Numbered Print of a Mountain Laurel by Charles A. Towle. #415 of 750. Beautifully Matted and Framed. Measures 24" x 36" in the frame.
- Antique Patchwork Quilt with lots of bright colors and decorative stitching between all the patches. It has ticking edging with red border. Measures 56" x 71". In very good condition with no holes or tears.
- Humorous Pair of Cast Boy and Girl Figurines. The boy is playing a flute and the girl is holding her ears to block out the sound. Made by Esco Products and signed "E. Villanis."
- Adorable Vintage Planter in the shape of a Collie. In very good overall condition with no chips or cracks and just light crazing on the bottom. Measures 13" long and unsigned.
- Lot of 5 Bird-Themed Liquor Bottles, including: 3 from Wild Turkey, 2 of which show the Wild Turkey Lore Book, turned to different pages; one Bob White; and one Lord Calvert. These are all empty.
- Lot of 2 Jim Beam Bottles and 1 Dickel. The Beams are both the 100th Anniversary of Baseball, and the Dickel is the one that looks kind of like a powder horn. These are all empty.
- Signed and Numbered Handcarved and Handpainted Duck from the Lac Le Croix Collection by Ducks Unlimited. #375, Signed "Chris Olson." Approximately 12" long, and in excellent condition.
- Vintage Coach Black Leather Shoulder Bag, in very good condition, with just a little oxidation on the clasp. This purse has an adjustable length strap, and one slot in the front, and a big open compartment with a zippered pocket inside for valuables. It is numbered F9P-9061.
- Coach Light Blue Leather Handbag. Appears to be a textured leather and is one big compartment that zips closed and has a zippered pocket inside. Numbered L1320-29001. In very good condition.
- Ingraham Banjo Wall Clock with a Pendulum, but not a key. It has a beautiful Mahogany case and a single coiled wire chime. It looks like the gold around the framing of the dial has been repainted, otherwise it appears to be original. It has good hinges and a latch on the door that shows the pendulum, and a good clasp on the door that locks over the dial. Measures 35" long. There's a little patch on the top that suggests that is used to have some kind of finial that is not with it anymore. Working condition is not known.
- Vintage Ciro-Flex Alphax Camera, made by Wollensak. It's in very good condition, in a handsome leather case. In very good physical condition with no dings or scratches and the focus knob works, but we're not sure if the shutter release is working.
- Very Vintage Matchbook from Stoeckle Select Beer, in an oversized 3.5" x 4.5" pack, with foaming beer bottles printed on the matches.
- Maytag Commercial Quality Super Capacity Clothes Dryer, Model # MDE2301AYW. In good working condition.
- Whirlpool Top Loading Clothes Washer, Model # WTW5700SW0. With the manuals, one of which says it was purchased in April 2004.
- Husqvarna 48-inch Riding Lawnmower, purchased 2014. Model YTH24V48. Has a good battery and starts and runs. We also have the original manual and a spare key.
- Blue Hawk Yard Cart, which can attach to the Husqvarna. All steel construction, 10 cubic feet.
- Wrought Iron Table and 4 Rocking Chairs. In good overall condition with just a little bit of rust.
- Antique Hay Bale Carrier with original pulley and both arms in good condition.
- Concrete Birdbath with a 3 Seahorse Base and a Large Clamshell Bowl with a Lion in the middle. Approximately 28" diameter and a little over 3' tall.
- Antique Railroad Postal Scale, made for the American Railway Express, by the Jacobs Bros Co of New York. The slide weights are intact and it is a heavy unit overall!
- 1881-S Morgan Silver Dollar in approximately F condition
- 1889 Morgan Silver Dollar in XF condition. Very nice coin.
- 1899-O Morgan Silver Dollar in approximately VG condition
- 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar (#1) in a very nice VF condition
- 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar (#2) in XF condition
- 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar (#3) in XF condition
- 1922-D Peace Silver Dollar in approximately XF condition.
- 1922-S Peace Silver Dollar in approximately VF condition
- 1922 Peace Silver Dollar (#1) in approximately XF condition. Nice coin.
- 1922 Peace Silver Dollar (#2) in approximately XF. Nice but slightly more worn than above.
- 1924 Peace Silver Dollar in approximately XF condition
- 1926-D Peace Silver Dollar in approximately VF condition
- 1927 Peace Silver Dollar in approximately VF condition (more wear than the 1926.)
- 1923-D Peace Silver Dollar in approximately VF condition, with a lot of toning
- 1934-D Peace Silver Dollar, difficult to grade. The reverse is approximately XF as all eagle feathers are visible and it has attractive toning, not cleaned. The obverse is VF- XF range with all hair in pretty good shape with modest wear, but it also has a scratch on the right above 'IN GOD WE' that sinks into a deeper gouge on Peace's neck.
- Fun Lot of 11 Tokens including Transit Tokens from Knoxville (1943), Duke Power, Georgia Power, Virginia Electric; Jacksonville, Capital Transit, Philadelphia; plus a Korean token, Pakring Token, Cuban token and 'Uncle Sam Play Dime.'
- 1982 World's Fair Commemorative Knife in original case with outer sleeve, Benchmade, by Parker Cutlery Co, in excellent condition. It is marked 'Big Lou 1980' on the tang on the reverse side. Parker Cutlery was based in Chattanooga.
- Lot of 12 Knives by many brands and some with issues. There is a 3-blade Camillus Boy Scout knife; a nice Boker congress with one broken blade; a Valor from Japan; a 2-blade Camillus pen knife; 4 small keychain knives,2 from Brown Appliance and one from Oak Ridge Auto Supply; an Old Timer with a broken blade; a tiny sword marked Belgium with the tip off; a rusty 2-blade Camillus, and an Ambassador pen knife. (LOT 1)
- Lot 8 Knives including 2 Case knives (a 2-blade XX and a 3-blade XX with one blade broken); a Keen Kutter; a 3.5" blade Japanese 'Sabre'; one with a train logo; one Krusius with pretty handle; and 2 from Bank of Oak Ridge; one legible with keychain, the other with words worn. (Lot 2)
- Lot of 15 Lovely Pins and Brooches, all in very good to excellent condition. See photos for detail. (Lot 1)
- Lot of 20 Beautiful Pins, some signed, all in very good to excellent condition. See photos for details. (Lot 2)
- Lot of 10 Lovely Costume Jewelry Necklaces; some are sets with earrings. Includes some real stones and lots of bling! See photos for details.
- Invicta Venom Instrinsic Analog and Digital Wrist Watch, model 125858, with features for diving and sailing. Comes with original band but is presently fitted with a comfortable waterproof rubber band. Big, heavy and impressive! Needs new battery but we believe it is in working condition. Hard to find. Expensive new!!
- Men's Sterling Eagle Ring by Keepsake, size 12.5, in very good condition. This ring has a silver shank with an amazing gold-tone Eagle on top with its' wings spread down the sides. Cool!
- Women's Sterling Silver and Black Onyx Ring, size 7.5 in very good condition. The silver is in great shape; there are some scratches on the onxy center stone.
- Extraordinary Sterling Silver Filigree Ring from North Africa, size 11. This is a beautiful band ring with a side marquis-shaped design in the center, and all hand-made filigree filling the spaces. Pretty! Excellent condition.
- Sterling Silver and Abalone Pendant Necklace and Bracelet. The pendant has a lovely cast sterling frame and holds a 1" x 1.5" glimmering piece of abalone; the necklace is a thick black cord with lobster clasp and chain to adjust the length. The bracelet is made of 7 square links, each set with shiny Abalone, and it has a bar and toggle clasp. They were not orignally a set but they look good together!
- Signed Mexican Sterling Link Bracelet with cool Enamel and crushed stone Inlay, about 7.5" long, with good clasp and safety chain. The maker is marked with two letter and 2 numbers but we can't quite make it out. Very good condition.
- Nice Sterling Silver and Peridot Ring in very good condition for Men or Women, size 10.5
- Beautiful Sterling Silver Ring with large oval face decorated with large Silver Granulation. Size 8 but actually adjustable as the band is only soldered on one side in back. Presently size 8.
- Lot of 5 pieces of Sterling Silver Jewelry, including a Cross with CZ's; a filigree pin with black onyx; a signed chunky square pendant; a Scottish Thistle charm,a nd a lovely pair of feathery Earrings.
TAG SALE LISTING (These items will be on Sale Fri/Sat in the home. For the Online Auction items, click the link above.)
Painted White Shelf
Assorted Small Side Tables
Metal Framed Wooden Picnic Table
HOUSEHOLD AND KITCHEN
Several Funky Pairs of Retro Lamps
Couple Different Wall-Mount Curios
Beanie Babies and Stuffed Animals
Bunches of Pretty Accent Pillows
Footed Brass Bowl
Handstitched Quilt in a Printed Wedding Ring Pattern
Bath and Hand Towels
Assorted Vintage Purses
Several Small Jewelry Boxes
Oak Quilt Rack
Baby Blue Train Case by Oshkosh
Several Pieces of Cast iron Kitchen, including a Wagner Ware
Several Canister Sets, including a fun Retro Aluminum Set
Nearly New Kenmore Microwave
Assorted Pots and Pans
Cast Iron Corn Bread Pan
Beautiful Tea Pots
Several Sets of Pretty Stemware
Aluminum Cake Cover
Several Serving Trays
Wooden Salad Bowl Set
Hoover Bagless Vacuum
Dirt Devil Handheld Vacuum
Guy Coheleach “Evening Grosbeak” Framed
Guy Coheleach “Purple Gallinule” Framed
Guy Coheleach “Snowy Owl” Framed
Beautiful Print of the Clipper Ship “Red Jacket”
Certificate of crossing the Arctic Circle on the USS Wichita in 1942
Handcarved Wooden Cattails
Several More Small Jim Gray Framed Prints
Several Pairs and Single Bird Figurines
Bevelled Mirrors for Dresser or Table Top
Clock with Bicentennial Coins for each hour
Cast Iron Iron
Large Ceramic Cat on a Pillow Piggy Bank
Original Pack of Phillip Morris Special Blend Cigarettes in a metal tin. Signed by someone clearly very famous, but we don’t know who it is.
Oriental Print in a Unique Frame
Bunch of Vintage Soft Drink Bottles including: Grapette, Nehi, and Upper 10, Plus a 6-pack of Knoxville Coca-Cola Bottles and a Jellico Coke Bottle
Vintage Fire King 2-Tone Coffee Mugs
Retro Martini Shaker
Jim Shore “Feast from the Farm” Figurine
Several Pieces of Signed Edna Harvey Handmade Ceramics from Tennessee
Vintage Corning Ware
Retro Green Glassware
Humorous, Not-PC Shotglasses
Assorted Vintage Kitchen Hand Utensils
Hand Hammered Copper Pitcher
Antique Small Wooden Barrel
Humorous Coffee Mugs
Assortment of German Steins and Beer Glasses
Antique Hand-Crank Coffee Grinder
GARAGE and TOOLS
Assorted Handtools, Including some Vintage
Awesome Retro Electrolux Canister Vacuum
Lots of Cleaners and Yard Chemicals
Plastic Storage Containers
Good Assortment of Rakes, Hoes, Etc
16′ Extension Ladder
Limb Trimmer on a pole
MORE NOT LISTED!!
Seven Seas Estate Sales
865 765 3514
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 3136.