Jan 19-20 Hybrid Estate Sale in Westmoreland
Online Auction and Tag Sale!
Fine Home! Lovely Furniture, Antiques and Smalls!
Open Both Days by Appointment due to Limited Parking
Appointment Scheduler Opens Sunday January 14th-
PLEASE VISIT OUR MAIN WEBSITE TO ACCESS THE SCHEDULER AT:
Anyone can get an appointment using the Scheduler!
Seven Seas will conduct a Hybrid Estate Sale over the weekend of Jan 19-20, in a home on Sherwood Rd in Westmoreland. Due to absence of parking on this road, we’ll run this sale by appointment. Anyone can get an appointment using our scheduler which will be available on our website and via email starting Sunday Jan 14th.
This lovely home has a great selection of Antiques, Rugs, newer quality Furniture and lovely smalls. There will be lots more Kitchen items added the day before so there is MORE to this sale than in the tag sale phtotos!
The Online Auction is now open and will close Friday, Jan 19th starting 8 PM. All items have Buy Now prices and customers who buy at those prices can pick up items either day. Otherwise all items sell to the highest bidder and Pickup is on Saturday, Jan 20th, by Appointment. The Auction has all the Furniture plus Sterling, China, Maps, Art, Collectibles, and even a Pilot’s Radio!
The Tag Sale has lots of nice Kitchen and Dining Items and other Decorative items from around the home. Half Price will take place in the Saturday appointment from Noon onwards.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE AUCTION
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 282.
CLICK HERE FOR THE TAG SALE PHOTOS
Many items to be added last minute so expect more than shown!
TERMS: We accept cash and good checks; we also take Credit, Debit or Paypal with a 3% surcharge. (We are not taking gold or silver at this sale). Items purchased must be removed during sale hours. BRING HELP TO MOVE FURNITURE; we will have only one extra staff person to help at this sale. All Sales Final. No Pre-sales.
PRICING & OFFERS All items in the Tag Sale portion are tagged with reasonable, well researched prices and are available for sale at that price from the time we open. If you want to buy any item for less than the asking price, please leave a written offer at our checkout station. For items in the online auction, please visit www.BidSevenSeasEstateSales.com. Read the terms before bidding!
TAG SALE LISTING (List is partial!! For the online auction items, see below or click the link above)
Ornate Green Framed Mirror
Several Bunny Themed Items
7 Bolts of Beautiful Fabric
2 Pretty Lamps that look like trees
8′ Metal Folding Ladder
Assorted Welcome Mats and Runners
Assorted Beautiful Crystal
Lots of Great Silverplate Serving Pieces–see photos
Crystal Pitcher and Decanter
Black Iron Fireplace Tools
Lots of Decorative Items – See photos
More Not Listed – especially in Kitchen items!
Seven Seas Estate Sales
We have new contact numbers for this sale if you need to reach us:
865 385 8110 or 865 207 9512
ONLINE AUCTION LISTING (see above for Tag items)
- Mahogany Dining Table with 10 Chairs. Table has a double pedestal base and each base has a turned center column and 3 splayed legs and each leg is carved with fluting and ferns and capped with a brass claw and caster. Table also has a beautiful carved edge and several concentric rings of inlay. Table measures 44" wide, 68" long with no leaves, and it comes with 2, 24" leaves, for a length of 94" or 118"; itís 31" tall. The chairs have a lovely fabric with butterflies on it and we have a large roll of the butterfly fabric that goes with them. There are 8 side chairs and 2 captain's chairs and they have a beautifully-shaped openwork backsplat, and curved side braces on the bottom.
- Whimsical Chippendale Center Table with very unique legs with a undescribable cornucopia-shaped braces holding the lower shelf. It has a custom-made glass top and is in very good condition overall with just a couple of small nicks overall. Measures 31" wide, 23" deep, 29" tall.
- Beautiful Handpainted Porcelain Lamp with exotic bird, a butterfly and lots of gold accents. It has handles with fruit on the sides and a spotless silk shade. Measures 36" tall.
- Wonderful Antique Tall Plant Stand with a swanneck at the top of each of the 3 legs and a wooden basket in the center. The legs have a lovely concave curve and the feet are carved. It's in very good overall condition. Measures 51" tall.
- Rectangular Empire Center or Library Table with pretty scrolling ends and serpentine bottom shelf. Measures 35" wide, 20" deep, 29" tall. In very good condition with just a few scuffs on top from age.
- Delightful PAIR of Lamps made from French Urns, that are painted with American eagles that have an "E. Pluribus Unum" banner in their beak. The bases are a mix of gold, white and cobalt blue and there are gold and cobalt accents over the rest of the urn as well. They have spotless pleated silk shades and tiny symbols of longevity finial. Measure 31" tall.
- Stately Tall Inlaid Half-Moon Table which was once in a hallway in the Washington Hilton. Measures 68" wide, 19" deep, 33" tall. It has Maple and Mahogany inlay on the top and a flower and leaves at the top and running down each of the 4 legs. In very nice condition.
- Oval Gate-Leg Drop-Leaf Table in very good overall condition with a few light marks to the top surface. Measures about 19" wide with leaves down, 55" wide with both leaves up, 42" deep, 31" tall. There is also one drawer on each center section. The legs all have turned and square sections and both gatelegs swing properly and allow the leaves to drop.
- "Ballard Design" Sofa in the "Baldwin" Collection #1. These sofas are sold with a muslin-covered base, with a fitted slipcover. These slipcovers are worn and have been washed several times, but the white muslin underneath is in great condition. We've shown the Ballard catalog showing that you can still order these slipcovers to fit. Comes with the 3 throw pillows as shown. Measures 89" wide, 42" deep, 38" tall.
- "Ballard Design" Sofa in the "Baldwin" Collection #2. These sofas are sold with a muslin-covered base, with a fitted slipcover. These slipcovers are worn and have been washed several times, but the white muslin underneath is in great condition. We've shown the Ballard catalog showing that you can still order these slipcovers to fit. Comes with the 3 throw pillows as shown. Measures 89" wide, 42" deep, 38" tall.
- Massive Hekman Square Coffee Table with multi-toned inlay star pattern on top. Made with an intentionally distressed finish and has some further distress beyond that, but still very handsome and solid as a rock. Measures 48" square, 22" tall.
- Wingback Side Chair with Chippendale style legs. It's kind of a 2-for-1 because it has the pretty floral upholstery on top and a different floral upholstery underneath--see photos for details.
- Super-Cozy Easy Chair with comfy cushions and pretty gold leafy upholstery. Measures 40" wide, 30" deep and 38" tall. In good sturdy condition, but it was the owner's favorite reading chair, so it's a little bit worn.
- Duo of Floor Lamp and Trash Can. Copper-Colored Painted Floor Lamp is adjustable height, works great. Trash can is square with a different Chinese-style picture of birds on each side. Has a little oxidation.
- Elegant Antique Corner Curio, with a gorgeous Mahogany and Burl Inlay and a pretty carving on the pediment; 3 internal glass shelves; and a lock with a key. In very good overall condition. Measures 21" across front, extends 18"-19" out from the corner, and is 81" tall.
- Beautiful Mahogany Game Table, less than 10 years old but in an antique Sheridan style. The 2 back legs swing outwards to 45 degrees, and the top folds outward on hinges to make more of a square table. Measures 3' wide, 18" deep with the leaf folded over, or 3' square with the leaf out; 30" tall. In great condition.
- Attractive Chinese Style Table Lamp in Brass with Cloisonne, topped with an immaculate silk shade and a shiny brass finial with a Chinese character. Measures 25" tall.
- Colorful Genuine Hand-Knotted Oriental Wool Rug. Measures 7'6" wide, 11'2" long. With blues, reds, greens, pinks, cream and gray. It has thick pile, short fringe, and the bound edge is in good shape all the way around.
- Small, Framed Petit-Point of a Cat, originally from France, in the original antique gilt frame. In very good overall condition with the exception of the paper backing, which is torn. Measures 14.5" x 16".
- Original Framed Painting from Russia, of a man, his wife and a dog by Skylarenko. Measures 33" square. In very good condition
- Unusual Drop-Leaf Table in Mahogany with Queen Anne legs. It has a single leaf, which folds onto the top and opens out to the side, where it is supported by a single gateleg. The top surface is in good shape with the leaf out, but when you fold it over there is a circular spot that has worn through from where it rests on the gateleg. Measures 20" square with gate out and 28" tall. In good solid condition.
- Very Vintage Dissection Kit by the Hamilton Bell Company. Complete with scalpel, scissors, tweezers, probes and dropper. The old plastic box is also in good shape with good hinges and still snaps shut.
- PAIR of Antique 19th Century Hepplewhite Chairs with nice gold silk upholstery on the seats and lots of pretty carving on the backsplat and top rail. One of the two had a break which was repaired, so one is very sturdy and the other has a little wobble.
- Sweet, 3-Drawer Marble-Topped Stand with pretty oval molding and round drawer pulls. Measures 18" wide, 14.5" deep, 29" tall.
- Elegant French Style Black and Gold Mirror with ornately carved finial on top and gilt drapes between that and the mirror itself. Measures 30" wide, 58" tall. In very good overall condition.
- Lovely Newer Chinese-Painted Porcelain Umbrella Stand. Measures 20" tall.
- Wonderful Antique Umbrella with an ornately chased brass and bone handle and a copper tip on the other end. Measures 34" long.
- Super-Comfortable Cream and Green 3-Cushion Sofa with 2 pairs of arm covers in slightly different styles. Measures 86" long, 36" deep, 35" tall. In very good overall condition.
- Wonderful Black and Gold Oriental-Style Coffee Table on 8 faux-bamboo legs, with intriguing curved braces. The top is handpainted, with a bird on a flowering branch and bamboo. It's possible to use the top as a tray, but it's probably too large to be used like that. Measures 50" wide, 27" deep, 24" tall.
- Delightful Framed Antique Map, of the Nuremberg Area of Germany. The map appears to be printed, then hand decorated in multiple colors, with Latin and German languages, as well. There are some great cherubs at the top and religious figures on the left. The original of this map was drawn by Johann Baptist Homann, circa 1717. Beautifully matted and framed. Measures 28" x 32" in the frame.
- Second Framed Antique Map. This one is of Estonia and Curlandia, and also appears to be printed and hand decorated with colors. It is beautifully matted and framed and measures 28" x 32" in the frame.
- Handknotted Wool Runner with a tribal flair, and moderate wear. Measures 40" wide, 9'2" long. The edges are in good shape but it's been in a moderate traffic area, so has a bit of wear.
- "Safavieh" Hand-Tufted Wool Rug. Measures 6' x 9'. With Cream, green, red and brown colors. In good overall condition and appears to be very clean, though it may have had dogs walk on it.
- Pretty Antique Armchair with nice floral upholstery and dark wooden edging on the back, arms, and legs. The feet are on casters. It's in good sturdy condition, but there are some scuffs to the finish and there's a chip off the edge of the very top of the molding.
- AttractiveJapanese Watercolor Painting of birds on silk. Signed with characters and with a stamp on the bottom right. Also beautifully framed in black and gold. Measures 20" x 23".
- Oak End Table with Barley Twist legs. In very good condition. Measures 21" wide, 17" deep, 29" tall. Top surface is in very good shape and has a piecrust type edge, and all 4 legs have a spiral-turned section in the center that's very beautiful. Nice and sturdy.
- Oak End Table #2 with Barley Twist legs. This one has pointed corners, where as the other one has squared-off corners, and the top surface has one round water stain and some scuffing. Still nice and sturdy. Measures 18" x 24", 29" tall.
- Handsome PAIR of Black Urns with Gold Ram's Heads on the sides. They have matching black and gold shades and the on/off switch is conveniently located on the base. Both are in very good working condition. They do have different finials. Measure 23" tall.
- Oval Side Table with a Lyre Base on 4 Carved, Splayed Legs. In good sturdy condition. Top surface has a custom glass top, and the legs have brass claw tips. Measures 24" wide, 18" deep, 27" tall.
- Delightful Antique Convex Mirror, in a real wood, carved and gilt, frame that's French in style. Measures 30" tall overall, 18" wide. In very good condition.
- Original Framed Oil Painting on Board by Judith Anderson, showing a road in Middle Tennessee. This artist lives in Richmond Virginia. This painting is framed in a gorgeous burlwood frame and measures 31" x 35". Signed on the back and dated 2004.
- Unique German Corner Cabinet in Oak, with a carved hunter on the front door and intricate flower designs on the two sides. The gallery rail is also carved. The door has a lock with a key. Excellent overall condition. Measures 2' wide, and comes out from the corner about 22" and is 32" tall.
- Beautiful Brass Lamp with a long, thin column and an urn shape beneath the shade. Measures 31" tall.
- Adorable Vintage French Metal-Framed Bed with urns of flowers on a pressed-metal panel in the center of the headboard and footboard. It has a nice clean mattress and boxsprings by Sleep, Inc. It's in super sturdy condition, and it has been painted and there are some flecks off the paint, which really adds to the character.
- Gorgeous Antique Mahogany 3-Drawer Desk with a bow front and intricate inlay along the top edge and drawer fronts. It also has back and tapered side panels that sport finials on the corners. In beautiful overall condition. Measures 48" wide, 22" deep, 39" tall.
- Spectacular Antique Canopy Bed, with massive turned Maple columns and a teal draped canopy on top. (Also a matching bedskirt.) Family tells us that the footboard is original but the headboard was remade. Comes with a "Ther-a-pedic" Mattress in a special size that is 48" x 76". The bed itself measures 53" wide, 82" long, 7' tall. Dissasembles easily for transport.
- Octagonal Tilt-Top Side Table on a single column with 3 legs at the base. There's a pretty "wheel" inlay in the center of the table and there is a metal latch that holds the top in place, and allows it to tilt up. It's in good condition, but there is an old crack across the top and some water damage to the finish on one edge. Apologies that we didn't take a picture with the top tilted, but it really does tilt!
- Pretty PAIR of Tall, Thin Green Lamps with Tasselled Shades. The bases are ornate, with leaves and drapes, and the top of the column looks like the head of a Corinthian column. Finials match. Measure 32" tall.
- Really Unusual Cherry Queen Anne Round Game Table. The round top is held in place with a latch, it comes up on a hinge on the opposite side from the latch and pivots on a pin, allowing you to change it from the bare wood surface to the felted surface. Measures 24" diameter, 27" tall. The wooden top surface has a rough spot from water damage, the felted surface is in great shape, and the clasp and hinge are also in good working condition.
- Handsome Mahogany King-Size Headboard with fluted posts capped with a ball finial. In very good condition. Measures approx. 79" wide and 77" tall. Comes with Hollywood frame.
- Substantial Solid Wood Bookcase with 4 adjustable-height shelves. This piece has nice crown and base molding and is in very good condition. Measures 48" wide, 14" deep, 73" tall.
- Antique Walnut Empire Step-Back Dresser with 4 Drawers, and Full Columns on each side. Especially pretty is the tall top drawer that has a single-board 10" tall front. It's in very good overall condition, with the exception that one of the top boards has a little bow and sticks up about 1/8", which could easily be remedied with glue and a clamp. Measures 43" wide, 23.5" deep, 44" tall.
- Lovely Blue Corduroy Sofa with Queen Anne legs and 2 throw pillows, in very good overall condition. The top is camel backed and the arms scroll outwards. Measures 81" long, 30" deep, 35" tall. The upholstery is in good shape, however we're told the dogs occasionally slept on it, so it might not be the best option for someone with a pet allergy.
- Matching Large Blue Corduroy Ottoman, with a tufted top and ruffled sides. Measures 30" diameter, 16" tall. It has a small stain on the top and the dogs definitely got up on it.
- Pretty Mahogany Quilt Rack with 3 quilt bars on top and serpentine-sided ends. In very good condition. Measures 26" wide, 32" tall.
- Lovely Persian Runner. 10'4" x 2'3". Genuine Hand-Knotted Wool, with an unusual and beautiful cobalt blue background and pink and green floral design.
- Handsome Brown Vinyl Swivel Rocker Recliner by Lane Furniture #1, in very good condition, with just a few scuffs to the surface. Our client insists they are the most comfortable chairs in the world and is sad to let them go. All mechanisms are in good working condition.
- Handsome Brown Vinyl Swivel Rocker Recliner by Lane Furniture #2, in very good condition, with just a few scuffs to the surface. Our client insists they are the most comfortable chairs in the world and is sad to let them go. All mechanisms are in good working condition.
- Comfy Broyhill Loveseat with Red and Gold Paisley and Floral Upholstery. In very good clean condition. Measures 62" wide, 36" deep, 34" tall.
- Cute Small Lamp with a Bulldog on 2 books. 16" tall.
- Lot of 3 Bronze-Colored Metal Swivel Bar Stools with arms and brown seats. The backs have a pretty stamped pattern, the seats are in good condition, and they have good foot rails as well. Very good overall condition with maybe just a couple scuffs to the finish.
- Large "L"-shaped Desk Unit with 2 wooden base units, bookshelf, and a real wood top. One base unit has 6 drawers, the other has 4 drawers, including a lateral file, and a door with an adjustable shelf. The bookshelf section has 4 adjustable shelves. The top is all one big piece, because it used to be built in. Measures 82" long on the left side as shown, 76" long on the right side, as shown. Base units are each 33" wide. A creative person could find ways to configure this differently.
- Dark Brown Leather Armchair with Round Ottoman, in fair condition. The leather has some creases and cracks from wear.
- Newer 2-Drawer Console Table with gently tapered legs and dark brown finish. In excellent condition. Measures 35" wide, 15" deep, 31" tall.
- Wonderful Antique French Loveseat or Fainting Couch, with ornately carved wooden framing all around the back rail as well as the arms and legs. One of the best features is that the head of a dog is at the highest point of the back, although he has chipped off part of one ear. The upholstery is also beautiful, with birds of paradise and vines and flowers on a black background. It's in good sturdy condition, and the upholstery is in good shape, although it has been a favorite place for the dogs to wait for their masters to come home, as it's in a foyer, so it might not be suitable for people with pet allergies. Measures 50" wide, 27" deep, 35" tall.
- Beautiful Antique Gilt Clock, in a French Style, with an oval domed glass cover and wooden stand. The clock body and cover are in beautiful condition, however there's no key or pendulum for the clock, so we don't know if it works. There is a number on the back of the movement: "3456", but no other marks. Including the dome, it measures 60" tall overall.
- Sweet Oval Capodimonte Powder or Dresser Box, with naked revelers on the cover, and lions and flowers on the side. In very good overall condition. Measures 9.5" wide.
- Gorgeous Glass Spiral Seashell on Stand, suitable as a floral vase or other type display. In very good condition except for a small chip off the edge of the base.
- Heavy Clear Glass Heart-Shaped Bowl by Orrefors. It's in excellent condition, although the signature, while legible, is a little blurry. Measures 6" across.
- Artistic Casting of a Fish, on a custom-made metal stand. There's an old auction tag from 2006 on the bottom indicating it's a fossil, but we're not convinced. Either way, it's really cool and big and heavy. Measures 20" wide, 18" tall overall.
- Service for 10 of Lenox "Rutledge" China. In like new condition. Including: Dinner, Salad, and Bread Plates; Cups and Saucers; Creamer, Sugar; Small Oval Vegetable; Large Oval Platter.
- Fabulous Sterling Silver Basket with Handle. It has pretty openwork on the edges and a monogram in the bottom. It is stamped sterling on the base, plus #A 8348, and Spaulding and Co., Chicago. 22.7 ozt
- Lovely Chased Sterling Bowl, with tons of flowers and leaves all around, stamped "Sterling #679" and has the logo of wings with an "S" in a circle in the middle.
- Heavy Gorham Sterling Revere Reproduction Bowl. 9" in diameter. In good condition, although it may have some scuffs or a little bit of tarnish on the bottom of the inside. 24.5 ozt
- Trio of Small Sterling Bowls, including a "Lunt" lavabo, an oval bowl with a wavy edge, and the third bowl has openwork sides and is signed, but we can't make out the signature. 9.5 ozt
- Roseville Vase #140-12 with Lilies and pretty swirling patterns, in very good condition, with no visible chips, cracks or crazing.
- Super Ornate Silverplate Handled Vase, by Barbour, #3716. Measures 18" tall. In very good overall condition.
- Beautiful Brass 6-Sided Umbrella Stand, with lots of pretty openwork. In very good condition. Measures 20" tall.
- Spectacular Pair of Brass Lion-Faced Andirons and a Brass Bow-Front Fender. Each Andiron is heavy and has a lion face in the bottom center, with 2 paws reaching out to each side with balls in the center. It's capped with a giant round finial with flames on the top. 24" tall. The Fender is 49.5" wide and about 12" deep, and has a stamped pattern of draped flowers repeated across the front side. It's all in very good condition, although it has some tarnish from the fire.
- Lot of 13 English Handpainted Metal Soldiers on Horseback. They all have the ornate headresses and are on black horses. Condition overall is very good, except one guy is headless.
- Lot of 10 Lead Soldiers, all Handpainted, and includes: 6 men on harseback; 4 more Colonial looking soldiers on foot with rifles and bayonets. (Client thinks he bought them in Budapest.)
- Lot of 8 Scottish Soldiers, firing rifles, plus the Captain with binoculars, that are handpainted lead.
- Huge Lot of Lead Soldiers, including; the Coronation Carriage, pulled by 8 horses, and approximately 28 variously-dressed footmen marching alongside. They are all marked "Johillco". The carriage also appears to have 2 members of royalty inside.
- Genuine Herman Miller Aeron Chair, Black in color and in good overall condition.
- Icom VHF Air Band Transceiver, model IC-A24 with extra battery and instruction manual in very good condition. Used for Pilots to Communicate and Navigate
Click the link above to see the current bids and Buy Now Prices!