• Furniture in this 2,576 sq. ft. home inc. 10 pcs.* handmade & handpainted by Texas craftsman David Marsh (1948- ); Leather Masters brown leather couch; coffee table made from antique African ironwood railroad ties; handmade 1992 French-style console table made from New Orleans antique balcony iron railings; Charleston Forge verde copper planter; antique Pennsylvania train station ticket sorter, painted green; two Vi-Ma Møbler AS (Denmark) teak desks; pair 1993 rocking chairs handmade & signed by Joe A. Zook (Dalton, OH); one 6' & four 7' teak bookcases; small Ballard Designs handpainted bunny rabbit cabinet; 10 dining chairs; more.
*David Marsh pine furniture inc. 1989 turquoise & pink signed winged cabinet (one of two made, the other went to NYC); 6'9"'x3'3" 1989 signed dining table; kitchen table w/drawer; 1990 signed Welsh dresser or china cabinet; ca 1989 cabinet w/two doors, three shelves & three drawers; red & turquoise utility unit; bedside table; console table; octagonal side table; rocking chair; more.
• Antiques inc. rare framed manuscript leaf translated by Markos Mousouros (ca 1470-1517) edition of Pausanias "Description of Greece" & printed in 1516 in Venice on the world's first moveable press; Ace Combs revolving counter top wood display case from old central Austin drugstore; small German dollhouse; more.
• Handmade items include rare 1930s two-pc. cabbage jardinière (found decades ago at a Mexican restaurant between Buda & San Marcos); male gypsy marionette in ethnic folk costume; antique framed Chancay Quechuan Peruvian grave dolls made from ancient textiles; vintage Toluca Valley (central Mexico) butterfly baskets et al; 40" round brass tray/table top; more.
• Pottery inc. 14" yellow charger plus 10 other pcs. original Fiesta; Italian & Portuguese white glazed pottery serving pcs.; 1930s "Marching Elephants" 8" green bowl & other McCoy; Frankoma "Sequoyah's Cherokee Alphabet" 9.25" white sand plate; vintage Tlaquepaque (Jalisco, Mexico) pottery nesting hen casseroles et al; vintage black (barro negro) (Oaxaca, Mexico) pottery; 1985 Animals & Co. 245 signed alligator teapot, 1987 Animals & Co. 117 signed duck teapot; more.
Also, 10 antique stoneware crocks inc. #2 & #10 Love Field Potteries (Dallas, 1923-1948); #2 Star Pottery Works (Elmendorf, TX, late 1800s-1909); #3 Marshall Pottery (Marshall, TX, 1895-present); also, #20 Buckeye Pottery (Macomb, IL, late 1800s-1930s); #8 Western Stoneware (Monmouth, IL, 1906-present); #6 UHL Pottery (Huntingburg, IN, 1908-1944); #2 Red Wing Stoneware (Red Wing, MN, 1877-1906); #2 cobalt four-leaf clover (mark not known); #1 NRA (National Recovery Act).
• Texas & southwestern original art inc. "Penitente Morada" etching & drypoint on paper by Gene Kloss (CA, 1903-1996); five large originals by Amado Maurilio Peña Jr. (TX, 1943- ); "Brangus Bull" by Charles Beckendorf (TX, 1930-1996); "Blue Horizon" acrylic by Todd Abbott Winters of Ingram, TX; bluebonnet pastel by Austinite Charline Eppright (1943- ); 1980 etching by David Ellis; 1977 serigraph of Navajo textile by Jack Silverman (1940- ); more.
• African items inc. antique Eshu trickster "God of Mischief" (Yoruba divinity) & one other vintage handcarved head; two tribal masks, one of which was a gift to the late Texas Senator Ralph Yarborough* (1903-1996); 24.75" antique Rwandan tribal warrior figure w/bone necklace; handcarved 47" mama giraffe & 32" baby; handwoven sugar basket; more.
* The senator's shoelaces for hanging the wooden head are still attached!
• Textiles & linens inc. 12'x9.8' handwoven red Heriz Persian rug; 5'2"x3'2" handwoven rose & grey Persian rug; 1950s 4'8"x3'5" Two Grey Hills Navajo rug; pair vintage "Tumbling Blocks" quilts made by Ruth Childs & Dorothy Wiest Wilson of Newark Valley, NY; two large tapices (San Pedro de Cajas, Peru); more.
• Books inc. art; home décor; Texana; cookbooks; more.
• Dinnerware inc. 51 pcs. 1970 "Shadows" by Block (Suisse Langenthal) white w/grey porcelain dishes; 32 pcs. 1969 Gorham Reizart 1551 "Accent Grey" handblown crystal stems, complete eight place settings (water, wine, ice tea, champagne/sherbet); 89 pcs. Royal Doulton V1630 "The Beaufort"; more.
• Electronics inc. 1985 Onyko TX-37 tuner amplifier receiver; 1985 Onkyo TA-2047 stereo cassette tape deck; 1985 Onkyo PL-25F linear tracking turntable; pair JBL 2500 bookshelf speakers; more.
• Garage inc. SportsArt 1200N treadmill; 28' extension ladder; more.
• Outdoors inc. four large vintage concrete planters; concrete birdbath; other vintage concrete architectural pcs.; more.
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 378.