Quinn's Auction Galleries Modern & Contemporary Prints Auction
online only auction•9 day sale •sale is over
Auction Terms & Conditions Terms And Conditions
Bidder agrees that the terms listed shall govern this auction and that he/she agrees with them. Additional terms may be posted or announced from the auction block, and are just as binding as the listed terms:
BIDDERS AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS.
1. Bidding through Quinns the Buyer's premium is 23% for Weekly/Rasmus online only auctions, 22% for Multi Platform Auctions and 25% for Single Platform Auctions. If you bid through Live Auctioneers, or Invaluable their Buyers Premium is 27%.
There is a 4% processing fee when paying with a credit card or debit card unless you have purchased in a Quinns/Rasmus auction.
1A. Full payment: All items must be paid for in full before the bidder leaves the premises. Nothing may be removed until the bidder transaction is settled. Post sale you will receive an online link for credit card payment. We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express. There is a 4% service fee for use of a credit card. We will accept a check, money order, cashier's check, or wire transfer along with a copy of the invoice. Invoices greater than $2,000.00 require payment by certified check, bank check, or wire transfer.
Auctioneers reserve the right to hold personal or business checks for up to 10 business days to allow for clearance of funds, returned checks are subject to an additional fee of $35.00. All sales are subject to state sales tax laws. Tax exempt bidder must present proof of sales tax exemption status including a Virginia or reciprocating state tax ID # before any sales tax is waived. Bidder agrees not to stop payment on checks or disallow a sight draft. Bidder is responsible for any expense due to collection of a bad check and authorizes the auctioneer to charge his/her credit card for any merchandise and applicable fees on returned checks. The Auctioneers reserve the right to repossess, at any time, at your location, any unpaid merchandise. The bidder agrees to allow the auctioneer to charge his or her credit card for all unpaid merchandise. The auctioneer reserves the right to bar bidders in participating in future auctions due to failure to pay for merchandise won at auction.
2. No warranty: All items are sold as is, where is, without guarantee of any kind. The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this auction are believed to be correct, nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Owner (or his agents or officers) or the Auctioneer (or his agents or officers) concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty either expressed or implied. I, the Bidder, have examined this merchandise and accept it the way it is.
3. Disputes: The Auctioneer shall designate the winning bidder after each item is auctioned. If disputes arise between two or more bidders, the auctioneer reserves the right to re-open the bidding. The Auctioneer's designation of a buyer shall be final.
4. Buyers' responsibility: After a Bidder has won the bid with his/her high bid, they have become the new owner of the item even though they may not have paid for or taken possession of the item yet. The item(s) become the full and sole responsibility of the buyer and the buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage. Buyers should pay for, guard and remove and remove their item(s) accordingly.
5. Injury or damage: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by the Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneers harmless from any personal injury to himself or his Agents and the property damage incurred on auction premises.
6. Agents only: The Auctioneers are acting as the Owners Agents only.
7. Removal: Removal of items won at auction is the responsibility of the buyer. Lots should be picked up or removed by a shipper within two weeks after the auction. Other arrangements must be made by calling (703) 532-5632 (ext. 555). Storage fees may be applied. Auctioneer is held harmless for any damage to property incurred during relocation. A $25 relocation fee per item will be added for items moved off site for storage. Quinn's staff assisting customers with moving auction purchases to vehicles are not responsible for damage.
8. Shipping and Handling Policy: Quinn’s Auction Galleries is happy to offer limited shipping through FedEx Domestic and USPS internationally. We will not ship Media Mail. Lots framed in glass over 12” square will be referred to a trusted third party shipper. Lots can be de-framed in some instances. Shipping costs are based on the weight of your lots and your location. We offer recommendations for outside shipping by trusted shippers. If using an outside shipper Quinn’s Auction Galleries is not responsible for damages by carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by Quinn’s Auction Galleries and will not be liable for any losses.
Thank you for your cooperation
Thursday, December 3rd at 2:00pm
You will be able to place live and absentee bids on Live Auctioneers, Invaluable, and HiBid.
No in person floor bidding.
Quinn’s Auction Galleries is pleased to present an auction of Modern and Contemporary prints. Most highly anticipated are 17 prints from Pablo Picasso’s Vollard Suite. These hand-signed works include depictions of “The Sculptor’s Studio”, “The Blind Minotaur”, and Picasso’s muse and mistress- Marie-Thérèse Walter. Other prints by Picasso are also seen alongside them, including the pochoir Guitare et partition sur guéridon from the Dix Pochoir suite.
The auction has two additional large collections of Contemporary Artists Shepard Fairey and Shag. With Shag’s bright colors and retro vibe and Fairey’s monochromatic prints inspired by Russian propaganda posters, the two artists meet with their depictions of music and pop culture.
Two of the largest pieces represented in the auction are “Empire” by Robert Longo (59 1/2” wide) and “Man of Peace” by Leonard Baskin (82 1/4” tall), making striking statements sure to accentuate your walls. If you’re looking for something smaller, 9 other lots by Baskin are featured in the auction including the petite “Bearded Man Wearing a Hat”, the image measuring just 4 1/2” x 3 1/8”.
Classic Modern artists like Stanley William Hayter, Alexander Calder, and Salvador Dali join the lineup with works representing their individual and striking styles. This auction has styles and works that will appeal to a variety of tastes among collectors- both new and old.
We will be hosting in person preview BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you do not have an appointment you will not be allowed to enter the gallery to preview. If you would like to make an appointment, request a condition report, or have questions please contact Catherine.Payling@QuinnsAuction.com
Thank you for using EstateSales.NET. You're the best!