Full service company offering written appraisals, evaluations, auctions and estate liquidations. We specialize in selling items too valuable to get their deserved price in local estate sales through our network of on-line auctions and direct to collector network.
Owned by an accredited appraiser and licensed auctioneer with 30+ years in the antique business.
We handle one-family homes to the largest estate sale ever held (according to the NY Times): Dean Gardens - 32,000 square feet, 1.6 million in inventory. We only agree to handle estates where the contents are estimated to be worth $20,000 and up. We do have a network of trusted estate sale companies we can recommend for smaller estates.
DEAN GARDENS, JOHNS CREEK, GEORGIA
(Our first estate sale, covered by the New York Times!)
We believe the goal of a sale is to sale as much as possible to generate the most revenue. To accomplish this, we do pre-sale items as much as possible and work with a national network of specialty auction houses and nationally known dealers and collectors to obtain the most for you high end items and collections.
We know of no other estate management company headed by a licensed auctioneer and accredited appraiser. Before you commit to another service, check their credentials. Some falsely claim to be licensed auctioneers and have other qualifications when they are not. Check on them and then check with us. We have many possible solutions to help you in your specific situation. Many others make you fit their way of doing business and even usually charge you more than we do. As a family run business, we can move quickly and are far more flexible in the way we work with you than others.
Call them first, then give us a call. You will be surprised at the differences!
Unlike some others out there
WE DO NOT:
- charge an upfront or "administrative fee"
- refuse to sell any clothing in the estate
- insist you be absent during the sale
- charge high hourly rates for any pre-sale / post-sale help requested
- customize the estate sale to fit your particular situation
- 'presale' your items, if desired, to get the most sold and get you cash sooner
- accept cash, credit cards and checks
- have access to a library of over 1400 books on antiques and collectibles and several online services to research your high end items
OUR OWNER'S CREDENTIALS:
- Accredited by the International Society of Appraisers in 1998
- President of the Georgia Chapter of the International Society of Appraisers for 2000 and 2001
- Licensed auctioneer in Georgia since 1997, license number 2817
- Appraiser for WorthPoint.com
- Lead appraiser for Internet show "For What Its Worth"
- Member of Association of Online Appraisers
- Former antique mall owner
- Host of upcoming weekly podcast "Answers On Antiques"
- Appraiser on Atlanta episode of Travel Channel's "Baggage Battles"
- Holds numerous "Road Show" events in the Atlanta area annually
- Successfully completed 15 hour course and exam of USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice), valid through December 16, 2016
Here what our customers say about us Client Comments