We are New Beginnings Estate Sales of SW MO
the ONLY true Estate Sale Company for the Joplin Metro area and SW MO.
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 11/24/2017 (107-127-9:56:45 PM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (196-54).
- We cover all of the SW Mo area, from Lamar to Monett, to Mt Vernon to Joplin, into the Baxter Springs, KS and Galena KS areas.
- While a majority of our sales are local, we have had great success going into smaller towns in rural areas. Often times, those areas only see auctions, so a fresh spin on sales is to have an Estate Sale.
- We have a $1000 minimum commission for Estate Sales. This is due to the amount of work required in order to prepare for a sale. A traditional sale is 35% commission off the total gross sales.
- You do not pay us anything up front... most companies require that, or ask that you pay for the advertising up front. WE DO NOT!
- A $150 advertising fee is charged to the seller at the end of the sale. This is taken directly from the proceeds of the sale. We ask that the seller pay a portion of the advertising to help offset the large cost of print material. We utilize the Joplin Globe Classifieds as our biggest expenditure to run not only a Wednesday teaser ad, but also run a 3 day 2X3" ad in the garage sale section for 3 consecutive days. We also use the 2nd largest publication in the area, The Big Nickel, by way of their auction section. While there is cost to having a sale for advertisement, we also utilize Facebook with our company page "New Beginnings Estate Sales of SW MO" and Craigslist Joplin and Craigslist Springfield. Sometimes, if we have the need to advertise in other towns, due to the uniqueness of items at the sale, we will go so far as to put the ads in KC, Tulsa, and NW Arkansas.
- Our Facebook Page is growing by leaps and bounds. if you hire a company that is not on Facebook, then they are doing you a complete disservice. We are the ONLY company in the SW MO area that has over 2500 followers on Facebook. Just think, that's 2500 people who are being told about your sale. Plus, if they like our page, that means their friends are seeing your ad to! Market exposure on Facebook is HUGE! A lot of our competition has less than 500 followers.
- Craigslist is HUGE! and FREE! we promote our sales 2 weeks in advance to let buyers know where, when and what we will have to sell.
Setup begins on the Monday before the sale (most often, unless its an abnormally large sale). We have a crew of 4 that work to get the sale as prepared as we can make it. often times, you will see a crew member in the garage and outdoors working that section, a crew member setting up linens and cleaning closets, another doing the kitchen and living areas, and another doing the bedrooms. With this amount of crew, our setup time is spotless! And we will always stay til the last minute to make sure your sale is a success!
Tear down begins immediately after the sale on Saturday. We will arrange for whatever left over items (remember, our goal is to sell everything!) to be donated, sold, or thrown away. Thrown away? Yes, sometimes when it comes down to it, a few items may be for the trash... because if we couldn't get $1, then it wasn't worth a $1 to begin with. With items being donated, we will always allow for the seller to have the last say so as to which charity they wish to have the items donated to.
Our last step is to vacuum the home. We want it to be left in the same condition we saw it... spotless! Just a friendly reminder, our service provides cleaning as we go. We throw away and haul off trash, non-usable items that either need to be scrapped or hauled to the dump. Sometimes, our company asks that you as the seller provide a dumpster. On occasion, its necessary!
We do not charge a consultation fee! Call us today!
"When our parents passed away within eight weeks of each other our family was over whelmed. We had 28 years of accumulation to go through. Michael came to our parent’s home and assured us he could help. We set our date and Michael and his staff did all of the work. Michael arranges everything including finding someone to take items that are left or unwanted. He makes sure your items are fairly priced by staying up with current market values. I am completely satisfied that our family chose New Beginnings Estate Sales to help during a difficult time." -Kristen Fearnow 11/13/2017