Balderdash Estate Sales LLC
is based in Waukegan, IL.
We conduct Full Estate Sales selling Previously Luv'd Goods,
in Lake County, Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
We do not conduct sales in Cook County, Illinois.
Our main mission is to help as many people as we can.
Whether dealing with the death, or relocation to a nursing home or assisted living facility, of a loved one, or selling your home and needing a larger moving or down sizing sale.
We liquidate the contents of the home by conducting a full estate sale, while maximizing profit. We sell everything we can. You may keep or donate the rest, or have us clean it all out, and leave you with an empty, broom swept home.
All you need to do is take out of the home what you and family members want to keep and leave everything else in it's place. Leave the rest to us. We will set aside any personal pictures or paperwork that we find and sort through every closet, cabinet and drawer. We clean out the house, attic, basement and garage, keeping anything worth selling and loading trash containers or a dumpster where necessary. Please note that we do not conduct sales with anyone living in the home. We work long hours and have to pull everything out of cabinets, closets, etc. and it is very disruptive to anyone living in the home. We need a minimum of 5 days preparation for setting up a sale, longer if the home is larger and/or packed full of items. We ask that you give us access to the home and let us do our job of staging, pricing, advertising and selling your items.
Give us a call, or text 847-322-8234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange a no obligation consultation. We are normally booking a month or more in advance, so call today for a free consultation!
COVID 19 - Update
Dear Valued Customer,
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 3241.
Balderdash Estate Sales is reaching out to you and wishing that everyone is safe and healthy during this trying time. As many of you know Balderdash Estate Sales along with many other small businesses had to close during the state shutdown. As this has been a struggle for many of us, we have to move forward with a positive attitude! We are pleased to announce that as of June 1st Balderdash has begun operation once again! As this is great news for many, we are having to make changes in the way we conduct business. As we all know and have to come to realize that our way of life has changed and we have had to make some adjustments. We wanted to reach out to you today and let you know what some of those adjustments will be. What is expected of us as a business? What will be needed and expected of our clients and customers? Balderdash Estate Sales takes everyone’s lives and health into consideration. With that being said here are some changes that we are making with our staff:
- - Associates have a set schedule for washing and sanitizing common areas including door knobs, railings, and other areas that are accessible by the public.
- - All Associates are required to perform a health check every day including but not limited to taking their temperature when coming to work.
- - Face coverings are required by all.
- - Social distancing is required of all.
- - More frequent cleaning and sanitizing processes are in place for our equipment including tables, bins, shelving units and any other equipment that is used for the display of items.
We also have the health of our customers to consider. Here is what will be required of our customers coming to shop:
- - Face coverings will be required of anyone entering in the home/building of where the sale is being held at.
- - Reusable bags are not permitted.
- - Hand sanitizer will be available at the door.
- - Social distancing is required when waiting in line to get into the home/building or while waiting to check out.
- - There will be limits as to the number of people allowed into a home/building and this will vary depending on the size of the home/building.
- - A holding area will be designated for you to hold items while you shop, however Balderdash Associates will no longer be handling your items until you actually check out.
We have had to make some hard decisions for some of our sales coming up. The sizes of the houses have made social distancing more of a challenge and limit the number of people allowed into a house. Balderdash has decided to rent a temporary store front in Waukegan, IL and will be relocating some of the homes to a more “store-like” environment. We hope this will make your shopping experience more enjoyable! Please understand that the changes that are taking place are the rules that were implemented by the Governor’s office, IDPH, CDC, and LCHD. These rules must be followed in order for Balderdash to be in business. There can be NO EXCEPTIONS! We will try to accommodate everyone as much as possible with everyone’s safety and health in mind!
We hope to see all of you back at our sales and finding great deals once again!
Balderdash Estate Sales