If you want to see how Real Professionals operate, come to one of our sales.
The ONLY company in Louisiana to be fully Certified as an Accredited Estate Liquidator by the American Association of Estate Liquidators!
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 390.
Do you want to make sure your loved one's possessions are handled with class, respect, care and dignity?
Silent Partners Estate Sales
Licensed, Insured, Professional, Accredited
Call and speak to Lynda today!
From rare antiques and collectibles to Granny's treasures to everyday household "stuff" - if you need to liquidate it and it has any value, we can sell it ALL. We specialize in on-site, professionally run estate sales that turn CHAOS into CASH!
We conduct estate and liquidation sales all over town - Uptown Mansion, Mid-City Shotgun, or Metairie/Kenner Ranch House. West Bank, North Shore, and Slidell Sales, too!
What makes us different from all the others? We are great at what we do, and it shows. We take pride in putting on a well-run, professional sale that is a dignified, upbeat celebration of your loved one's life and the great things he or she left behind. We are full-time estate sale professionals who will go "above and beyond" to conduct a quality sale you will be proud of. No one in the New Orleans area provides the level of service that we do. In short - when you hire us, you get the best.
It is no accident that we are one of the busiest, most trusted, and most successful estate sale companies in the metro New Orleans area. Our company is owned by a college history major with over 30 successful years in the antiques and collectibles business. We know what your items are realistically worth in an estate sale setting, and we know how to attract the serious buyers to your sale to get the most money possible for your possessions.
Take a look at just a few unsolicited testimonials we have received from satisfied clients:
"I can only convey a small part of the esteem in which I hold Lynda and her staff. This enormously difficult task was only made possible by her professionalism, integrity, and almost obsessive work ethic. She exceeded her commitments to me and family at every turn. As a matter of fact, I have a patient attempting to conduct a family estate sale in Maryland and I sent him a copy of Lynda's contract and paperwork as the STANDARD to which he should hold his agent there."
- Lakeview Sale
"You all have been the best part about having to sell the house. I really appreciate all that you did. It was great having you handle the sale of the contents. With all of the other problems that seem to be cropping up with regard to the actual sale of the house, it was truly helpful to not have to worry about the liquidation sale."
- Old Metairie Sale
"Silent Partners was very easy to work with. The monumental task of liquidating my Aunt’s estate was overwhelming. They made my life so much easier and relieved me from a lot of stress. They were professional and delivered everything they promised."
- North Shore Sale
"Many thanks for the great job you did with our estate sale. You exceeded our expectations! We were very impressed with all stages of the sale, from advance planning to final wrap-up. You took what we saw as a daunting task, and smoothly transformed it into an almost empty house and a nice financial return."
- Old Metairie Sale
Here's what we will do for you and your family - with absolutely NO hidden cost to you:
* We will obtain and pay for proper city/parish permits;
* Bring in armed security if needed - we absorb the expense;
* Advertise totally at our cost - yes, that includes the newspaper ad;
* Spend the necessary time to organize, clean, stage, price, and fully research your items;
* Use our professional grade tables, lighting, and fixtures to attractively stage and showcase it all on your site for the greatest profit potential. We don't just "throw open the doors" with your home in disarray. Our experienced, talented organizers and stagers will work their magic and you won't believe how GREAT we can make your house look!
* Bring in our mature, experienced, courteous, paid staff on sale days to assist customers and maintain the security of your property.
* Get the word out to our lengthy contact list and attract the serious buyers - movie & film companies, designers, dealers, and store owners - to your sale, along with the buying public.
* Give you your proceeds and the key back no later than the Wednesday after the sale date!
No glorified yard sales here - instead, we have raised the bar and set a new standard of estate sale professionalism in the New Orleans market. We are fully insured and have a clean record with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us for a FREE on-site evaluation before you make your final decision. We will make a no-obligation/no-cost appointment to come to you to view the property and discuss your individual needs, requirements, and deadlines.
We work strictly on commission and charge a fair, standard percentage of the gross sale receipts for our knowledge, time, and labor. We have the capability to accept credit cards at our sales so that we can increase your bottom line. Absolutely NO upfront or hidden costs to you!
Not really interested in an estate sale but need a full house clean-out to get rid of years of trash and accumulation? Want it to all just "go away?" Don't worry - we've seen it all. No need for embarrassment. Call us for a free consultation. We handle Hoarder and Pack Rat situations with tact and discretion.
As seasoned Estate Sale professionals, we care about this industry and the image we and others project in the local community. As a public service, may we suggest some questions you may want to consider when you are interviewing prospective estate sale providers? You are hiring and trusting someone to perform an important service for you, so do your homework!
1. Ask them to show you proof of their current business liability insurance. Do they have at least $2,000,000 in insurance coverage? WE DO!
2. Is the company you are considering a LOCAL company with a PROVEN track record in the New Orleans area, or did they simply purchase a "franchise" and get their "training" out of a notebook? Do they claim to have conducted "100's of sales" when in reality they started their business just a few short months ago? Ask some probing questions and find out how much experience they really have in liquidating estates. How many estates do they, personally, handle in a month? A year?
3. For traditional estate sales, do they clean, price, professionally stage and showcase your items or simply throw open the closets, drawers, and cabinets in your home and let people "dig?". Ask them how much time and effort they will spend staging your home and getting it ready for the buying public. When it comes to staging a home to make it look its absolute best, our former clients (and current customers) will tell you we are second to none!
Look at some of their ads on this site for other sales they are conducting. That should give you a pretty good idea of how they intend to advertise YOUR sale. Do they show lots of good photos of homes in a clean, staged condition? Do they accurately describe and list the special items available for sale, or just use a "cut and paste" approach for every sale?
4. Do they accept credit and debit cards? And, who pays the credit card fees? Them, or you? Accepting credit cards means bigger sales and more money for you, and illustrates one major difference between professionals who liquidate estates for a living and amateurs who do estate sales as a "sideline."
5. Do they spell out in DETAIL how they will advertise your sale? Make sure that the total of their "advertising" is not a free ad on Craig's List and a "shout-out" on their Facebook Page.
6. If sales are well advertised and the company has a good following, most items should sell on the first day of the sale if they are priced correctly. Professional estate and liquidation companies know how to price and market your goods so that they sell for a fair and reasonable price at the sale. If an item is truly fine or rare, they should place it for auction on your behalf with a reputable auction house before the sale. Beware of off-site consignment or ebay sale agreements and read them very carefully. Know and understand what you are signing.
7. Does the company you are interviewing buy items from the estate? Do they ask to buy certain items from you directly, either at the initial appointment or before the sale? When they are staging your home, do they put the "good stuff" out of sight and aside for themselves? If they do, this is a BIG RED FLAG!! We believe that is a HUGE, suspicious, and obvious conflict of interest on their part. In our experience, reputable, honest estate sale companies just don't do this. This is another policy that sets us apart from the rest - we never buy from the estates we handle.
8. Do they bring their own merchandise (for example, jewelry or desirable high end small items) in to YOUR sale without your knowledge and try to sell it along side your items? Do they bring in left-over items from other sales without your permission? Another big red flag!
9. Ask every company you interview - have they ever been SUED by a dissatisfied client? Do they or anyone on their staff have a criminal record? Has the owner ever been arrested or investigated for theft or fraud?
10. Do they give you the proceeds from your sale within 3 business days, or do they put you off.....put you off.....put you off......with one excuse after another?
11. Do they offer you a long list of references from recent, satisfied customers, including attorneys and real estate agents they have worked with, that you can telephone and speak to yourself?
We believe in total transparency. We are happy to completely, honestly, and patiently answer your questions, explain everything we can and will do for you, and provide you with all the information you need so that you can make an informed decision that you will be happy with.
We have now conducted well over 140 successful estate sales in the Greater New Orleans area in just the last four years as well as dozens of private liquidations! Thanks to all of our previous clients and our awesome customers who have made our continued success possible.