Labor Day weekend , we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town with a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system, designed by a GA Tech brainiac, so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
This house is stuffed with furniture (some good antiques), dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, den, living room and upstairs bedroom. This couple moved into a gorgeous, at 33 years old. From the moment you step into the front door, you know these people "made it". The house is completely full of everything you need and a few things you don't want. There's also a two-car garage stuffed with estate-sale-only finds.
The owners have sold the house and are downsizing to a small shack, to be closer to their children. She want us to hurry up and finish our sale, so she can close on the house!
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 11/18/2017 (26-102-12:10:27 PM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (224-54).
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- 1940's mahogany Dining room table, with 6 chairs (1 arm, 5 side)
- Upholstered armchairs, vintage & antique occasional chairs
- 1940's mahogany buffet
- Vintage Kittinger banded mahogany dining room table, with two leaves and six chairs (2 arm, 4 side)
- Vintage French desk
- 11-drawer Cliveden Chest-on-Chest (2 pieces) by the Kindel Co., from the National Trust collection, 85-004
- Antique, Marble-topped, 5-drawer hand painted chest
- Art deco Tiffany style stained glass peacock table lamp
- Vintage LaBarge/beveled glass coffee table, attributed to P. E. Guerin
- Vintage LaBarge beveled glass mirror
- PAIR of rare French silver Plated champagne buckets - HOT!
- Tournament size "Ventura" Brunswick pool table + mahogany wall rack w/12 cues, rack and cone chalk holder
- Restored 1947 Wurlitzer 1015 Bubbler Jukebox
- Maitland-Smith gilt & wrought iron, marble-topped table
- 4 original Wesley G. Hicks floral watercolors
- Gorgeous and unique 19th Century cast iron coffee table, with hand painted top and gilt swan head atop each leg
- Pair of Orient & Flume Paperweight Vases, by artists Greg Held & Bruce Sillars, from Chico, CA
- Several small occasional tables
- HOT pair of Italian gilt wood eagle console tables, L & R facing
- Antique English writing desk, with burl wood, all keys and leather inlay
- Several pieces of art - signed originals and nicely framed prints
- Persian Rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners
- Vintage Persian Kerman, measures 11' x 17'
- Vintage Drexel black/gold Italian chest, with wire door screens and brass drawer pulls
- Mirrors, some contemporary, some antique
- NICE pair of Bedermier-ish burled blond wood stools with animal print fabric
- Vintage French 5-drawer chest, with marble top
- Wonderful antique English 4-drawer mahogany chest, with pencil inlay
- Antique English mahogany secretary, with inlaid ivory diamond-shaped escutcheons
- 1970 Earl Moran "Lady in the Light" Marilyn Monroe nude, #120
- Several nice table & floor lamps
- PAIR of Surya Fairfield Glam Table Lamps
- Waterford Sheila stemware:
9 Claret Stems
4 Wine Hocks
8 Champagne Stems
11 Sherry Stems
4 Flat Tumblers
- Waterford "Lismore" Iced tea stems
- 98-Piece set of vintage Doraval MZ Altrohlau china, from Czechoslovakia
- 57-Piece set of Oxford Bone china, "Lexington" pattern
- 64-Piece set of French Vignaud Limoges china
- 52-Piece set of Johann Haviland "Tuxedo" pattern china, Bavaria Germany
- 48-Piece set of Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village" - Thanksgiving's right around the corner!
- 44-piece set of silverplated flatware, by International Silver Co., + mahogany chest
- 40-Piece set of NIB Christian Dior "Monogram Black" china - retired pattern
- Vintage Asian hand painted bench
- Kitchen goodies galore!
- Several nice pieces of vintage concrete - statuary and pots
- Char-Broil commercial outdoor gas grill
- Vintage wrought iron outdoor furniture set
- Tools: Yard tools, hand tools
- Lot's more smalls!
What you won't find at our sale:
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, 50% off day
- Photo scrapbooks of sexy senior singles, in your area
- Teams of crack lawyers, yearning to assist with filing your talcum powder lawsuit claims
- The revelation that every time a sock is missing from the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid
- How to register for an all expense paid trip to the paradise of Guam and North Korea
- Teens wearing glittery tube tops and thongs, giving car washes in slow motion
- A book signing by the guy who played the letter "E" on Wheel of Fortune
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions: WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jake @ (678) 724- 3966.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.