*** This sale will start on Friday and run through Sunday ***
We are holding a wonderful sale of quality vintage items, specializing in 1940s-1960s at a single-family home. The sale will be held in the heated and finished 2.5 car garage and the breezeway of the home. We have been working hard to curate interesting items for months in order to present them to you in this lovely setting. These are NOT leftovers from our estate sales or former retail store but all "new" estate items! The owners of the items were not able to have estate sales in their homes because of association rules or they did not have a entire household of items to sell. Just two of the estates represented are located in Highland Park and Mount Prospect.
The highlight of the sale will be hundreds of fabulous pieces of statement sterling silver and costume jewelry including an amazing collection of vintage Native American pieces. Styles range from bohemian to bling and you will not find a better jewelry selection anywhere! Also, we are liquidating items for several people who have retired including liquidation of items from a jewelry-making business, handcrafted items using vintage embellishments and store display items.
Vintage Furniture, Art & Home Décor
- Timeless Heywood Wakefield Encore bedroom furniture in the Champagne finish, including a vanity and 5-drawer highboy dresser in wonderful condition, a 4-drawer dresser and student desk.
- Adorable Heywood Wakefield Encore nightstand with glass top, professionally painted with Benjamin Moore paint in soft shades of green and cream
- Super cool American of Martinsville Dania Collection by Merton Gershun 6-drawer walnut dresser / credenza. The original legs have been replaced with bun feet by the previous owner.
- Tiki awesome American of Martinsville 9-drawer dresser with mirror in bleached mahogany with a tropical-feeling wormwood design on the ribbed drawer fronts
- Darling mid-century compact Lane cedar chest with blonde finish
- Very cute vintage Formica dinette table with a grey striated pattern on the top and apron and wood legs painted an orange-red
- Sharp Mid-century modern hall cabinet in black lacquer with metallic gold pinstripe
- Mid-century modern wrought iron pair of chairs with connected table professionally powder coated a rich chocolate brown
- Fabulous 1940s club chair newly upholstered in a soft sage green fabric
- Great collection of unframed pinups from 1940s Esquire Magazines, protected with foam board and plastic sleeves
- Two different 1920s reproduction Chinese lady cigarette ads in sleek black frames
- 1940s original art pieces in great frames including floral, bird and lady themes
- 1930s-1950s art pieces in a variety of media including wallpaper, fabric and prints, many with an Asian theme
- Brutalist art in black painted wood frame entitled "Of The Earth #5" by Schulman, 48.5" x 42.5"
- Mid-century modern original oil painting of Paris scene, bookseller's stands along the Seine River with Notre Dame in the background
- Mid-century modern original oil painting of two young men by Ayo, 1967, 39" x 32"
- Mid-century modern original oil painting of violin, still life, 32" x 27.625" (as-is, hole)
- Kifuma giraffe rug from Kenya, 100% pure wool, 58" x 40" plus 5" fringe on each end
- Great selection of pottery from the 1940s-1960s including high-end pieces by McCoy, Haeger, Shawnee, California Pottery and more
- Darling mid-century Asian chalkware figurines and bookends
- Fabulous mid-century Hawaiian lady bust by Abco in excellent condition
- Beautiful florals arranged in vintage pottery with a Hawaiian / tropical theme
Vintage Costume Jewelry - Hundreds of fabulous earrings, rings, brooches, bracelets and necklaces ranging in age from the turn of the century through the 1980s. Many pieces from the glamorous Retro (1935-1950s) and bold Art Modern (1945-1960s) periods of costume jewelry history. There are signed pieces including Coro, Lisner, Hobe, Kramer, Monet, Napier, Trifari, Vendome, Weiss and more.
Boutique Costume Jewelry - Wonderful newer pieces including statement necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings. So many fun styles!
Windy City Jewelry - Vintage glass bead and crystal jewelry from 1920-1960 which has been transformed into unique designs which are wearable today. Most pieces are one-of-a-kind or of limited quantity. The vintage materials are accented with new sterling silver findings and Swarovski crystals. Vintage costume jewelry pieces such as dress clips and earrings may also be incorporated into the designs.
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 341.
Liquidation of Jewelry Making Business
The artists have retired from jewelry-making and there will be lots of vintage beads, crystals, clasps, jewelry findings, broken jewelry and much more, great for projects!
- Felt floral pins which are created with the greatest attention to detail. Each pin is unique, the exact same design is never created twice. The pins feature large layered stylized flowers and eclectic floral groupings embellished with feathers, vintage earrings and charms or velvet flowers. These pins add one-of-a-kind charm to a jean jacket, coat or hat
- Embellished pincushions are actually real sawdust-stuffed pincushions covered with barkcloth or jacquard fabric and topped with layers of felt, wired ribbon, vintage earrings, glass beads, buttons and feathers and given their theme with a vintage porcelain figurine. They make a great gift for that special seamstress! Even if you do not sew, the pincushions are a darling accent for a guest room.
- Eleanor Soaps - Organic, long-lasting hand crafted soap using beautiful molds. Wildly popular and fragrant Belles of Ireland shamrock soap.
- Spinster Sisters - Natural products including: Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar - a wonderful mixture of plant-based oils and essential oils. Super cleansing and moisturizing! Rosemary Mint Conditioner Oakmoss & Seaweed Face Soap - a soothing, antiseptic and restorative bar which fights acne, aging and eczema. Peppermint Tea Tree Deodorant - aluminum-free recipe with baking soda, arrowroot powder, fair-trade shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and essential oils.
Need to liquidate some or all of the contents of a home and feel overwhelmed? We can help! We are honest, professional, friendly, courteous and hard-working. No sale is too small. We know how to get top dollar for your items!
Brie's Estate Sales
Mount Prospect, IL 60056