Losing a mom way too soon is hard for anyone, and our clients have the additional challenge of finding a new home for amazing collections that fill a two level house and two packed storage buildings. We're excited to help!
The sale will be in two phases, with the first phase focusing on the main level of the house. The second phase will be November 25 & 26, with new finds from the downstairs grandparents' apartment and the two storage buildings. (And, we may even have a phase three!) The last day for the first phase is Sunday.
The house was packed, and still offers amazing collections throughout the house, including vintage, antique, Mid Century and contemporary of all types of housewares, china, porcelain, crystal, glassware, crafts, tools, every day items and much more. For an overview of what's being offered, please look below. (Please note that we have updated the photo gallery to feature pieces that have sold.)
Suggested Offer Program:
We are often asked what happens to items that do not sell. We have a program where you can provide a sealed offer for selected items, and we will let you know if your offer has been accepted after the sale has ended.
Of course, we always say "you snooze, you lose," and the item can be sold even if you provide a sealed offer. Also, there are no guarantees that your offer will be accepted.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 2161.
For details, ask at our check out area. (Please note: the Suggested Offer program is not an auction.)
Now, for an overview of what's being offered: (Please take a look at the photo gallery to note which items have sold.)
There's so much in the house, and we'll continue adding more as we progress through the sale. Here is a very rough overview.
- Cherry contemporary China Cabinet.
- Vintage oak rustic breakfront
- Vintage oak secretary
- Large Queen Anne Style cherry dining room table with three leaves
- Three overstuffed leather side chairs and matching leather reclining sofa
- Chinese contemporary black liquor cabinet
- Lots of upholstered furniture throughout the house, including wing chairs and side chairs
- Two smaller dining tables with matching chairs, including a carved oak set
- Two four-posted beds
- A cherry high boy
- Various night stands and end tables
- A mahogany buffet, vintage
- An antique piano and a vintage one as well
- Three bedroom suites, from contemporary to vintage
- Three different sofa tables
- Marble-topped vintage tables
- Big collection of stainless steel cookware
- Lots and lots and lots of glassware, including vintage
- Nice collection of small appliances, including an Espresso machine
- Cooking supplies of all types, including cake pans and special occasion pans
- Cookie presses and cookie prep supplies
- Several everyday tableware
- Two antique reproduction stereos
- Bose Wave Stereo
- Disney VHS tapes
- Pool table
- Big selection of vintage and contemporary games
- 42" flat screen
- Big selection of Nintendo games
- Atari gaming system
- Fisher Price
- Three See and Say learning toys
- Tonka trucks
- Sesame Street and Disney toys for toddlers
- In the garage:
- Riding lawnmower
- Professional Rug Doctor
- Huge selection of hand tools, offered as grab bag items
- Big selection of power tools, including grinders and saws
- Yard tools, including power tools
- Big selection of fasteners
- Two utility trailers
- Gardening tools
- Air compressor
- At least 30 dolls, from life-sized to designer and everything in between. Some are hand made, and the collection features contemporary and antique reproductions
- Depression glass throughout the house, including a complete service for eight of Vaseline glass
- Large collection of blue and white
- Impression selection of rooster motif pieces, from dinnerware to cookie jars to porcelain
- Great Christmas angel collection
- Antique and vintage blankets and Afghans
- Smurf, Winnie the Pooh, and Garfield promotional glassware
- Charlie's Angels lunch boxes as well as other Aladdin Thermoses
- Two shelves of bird houses of all types
- At least seven wash basin sets
- Five sewing machines, a surger and an embroidery machine
And, of course, there is so much more. Next week will be an even different selection, so watch for details.