Contents of Historic Home
60+ years accumulation!!!
Tues. August 22 - Fri. Aug. 25
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
(Address will be given with appointment confirmation)
We have been preparing this amazing sale since April. The volume and variety of inventory in the historic home of Dexter and Christine Christenberry has been a stimulating challenge and honor to bring to the point of sale to the public August 22nd through 25th (and maybe 26th). You just won't believe what this house contains!!!...4 floors of acquisitions by 2 very interesting and long-standing members of the Knoxville community. (Note: There are a lot of stairs involved in this sale. This house is 107 years old with older window AC units...dress for warm conditions!)
(NOTE: If you are unable to select a particular time slot, it means all the appointments have been taken for that slot. Please select another time.)
The 100 pics here are only the tip of the iceburg! CLICK HERE for HUNDREDS MORE!!!
- TONS of costume jewelry incl STATEMENT necklaces and TRIBAL pieces
- Knoxville law-related documents and books
- ORIGINAL art by Charles Bickerstaff, Anna S. Ray, Lorenz Griffith
- Vintage toys/dolls including 1960's Barbies & GIJoe, vtg. Marx tin doll house & toy train
- 1960's Girl Scout items
- Antique telephones and vtg office collectibles
- Birds Eye Maple BR furniture
- MANY oriental rugs and runners including a HUGE entry rug
- Oak rotating bookcase, Fabulous Butler's Desk, Locking chest, Globe Wernicke Barristers Bookcases
- VAST amount of Christmas decor incl inverted lighted tree
- Vtg clothing incl hats (Dior, floppy & portrait hats), gloves, costumes, evening & outerwear, fine scarves incl HERMES
- Handbags incl Dooney Bourke, Coach, Vera B, Brighton
- UT collectibles--buttons, programs, clothing, etc.
- MASSIVE collection of world travel mementos from every continent including Asian, African, islands, etc.
- EXTENSIVE collection of tribal & ceremonial MASKS
- Several sets of fine china, silver plate serving pieces, crystal, STERLING flatware
- Dozens of collectible boxes from all over the world
- Vintage & contemporary religious art, icons, statuary, rosaries, crosses, etc.
- 2 Antique Pump Organs & a Church Organ
AND MUCH MORE!!!
Looking forward to seeing you!
Kristin & Barb
Requests for repeat appointments MAY be considered for later in the week if slots are available. We may add slots on Sat. 8/26 for this purpose.
On-site parking is available for confirmed appointments only. Walk-ups or drop-offs may attend without an appointment during the following hours:
Tuesday 8/22 9:30-3:30 (close)
Wednesday 8/23 9:30-3:30 (close)
Thursday 8/24 2:30-7(close)
Friday 8/25 9:30-3:30 (close)
IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: Folks with confirmed appointments will receive preferential treatment, but as a special concession we are allowing folks to walk-up or be dropped off any time during sale hours. (If this gets out of hand, we reserve the right to restrict access to anyone without a confirmed appointment.) Please understand that you will also need to carry away your purchases or arrange to PU after hours. We will not be giving out numbers. Walk-ups will need to order themselves and will be admitted after those with confirmed appointments.
The exact address & instructions are given with appt. confirmation BY EMAIL.
We do not give pricing information out prior to the sale.
For IMPORTANT details on how we conduct our sales, see the Buyers page on our website.