• Estate of DON LOUIS SAFLEY (1918-2005) & TONI GILL SAFLEY (1921-2015).
• Toni & son Bruce owned Antediluvian Antiques on Rio Grande St. in Austin from 1973 to 1984. Toni's 2,285 sq. ft. home is absolutely packed with vintage & antique smalls, antique furniture & antique original art, greenhouse filled w/potted plants; assorted birdcages; Danish weathervane; large 1920-30s never inscribed trophy et al; 9'x12' floral Chinese rug; MacGregor "Persimmon Woods" golf clubs; retired Christopher Radko ornaments & other Christmas décor; LPs; Singer, Whirlpool & Sharp vacuums; full & queen mattresses/box springs; more.
• Antique furniture inc.
Living room: ca 1890-1910 Spanish walnut bookcase w/glass doors; 1840s-1870s storage trunk (IN) w/original paint; ca 1870-1890 punched tin pie safe (Lohrville, IA); late 1800s fruitwoods Spanish Gothic-style vargueno/desk w/iron fittings; Victorian walnut & marble low table; Eastlake chair w/Chinese motif fabric; 18-drawer nut & bolt cabinet base from San Antonio hardware store; Chinese basket on iron stand; two-tier Japanese brass tray table; pair ca 1825 English oak chairs w/slip seats; more.
Dining room: ca 1790-1820 Breton, France oak vasselier/buffet; ca 1840-1860 American Empire mahogany side board w/column corners & Sandwich Glass pulls; Korean storage box w/iron lock; more.
Family room: ca 1860-1880 walnut plantation secretary/desk w/glass doors (IA); late 1800s continental oak chair w/cane seat; ca 1900 English bamboo & grasscloth arm chair w/needlepoint cushion; ca 1875-1895 Victorian Gothic-style carved walnut arm chair w/upholstered seat & arms; small English bamboo table w/grasscloth top; 1950s maple chest of drawers; pine galleried coffee table, handmade in 1950s by D. L. Safley; ca 1870-1890 Victorian walnut shaving stand; three splat back chairs (WV); more.
Master bedroom: ca 1900-1925 polished steel full bed, oval shape w/floral decoration, purchased in 1969 from Theresa Mays (1918-1999), "Queen of the Red River Antique Dealers"; ca 1890-1910 English bamboo & grasscloth armoire w/mirrored door; Louis XIV painted settee in striped fabric; 1870-1890 Victorian walnut four-drawer chest of drawers; ca 1870-1890 Victorian walnut side table; ca 1830-1860 American arrowback rocking chair w/original paint & carved parrot; ca 1890-1910 English bamboo hall tree w/mirror; tooled Mexican saddle handbag; more.
Guest bedroom: 3/4 Mexican brass bed w/custom mattress; ca 1840-1865 four-drawer cherry Sheraton-style chest of drawers (GA); one-drawer pine stand (New England); 1930s small gate leg table; ca 1840-1860 mahogany American Empire fold-over game table; 32" round wicker table; more.
• Other furniture inc. red linen sofa (Wimberly Hill, NC); arm chair in red & white linen toile; Lawson-style loveseat in green; 48" Pottery Barn pine table; foot stool; contemporary Chinese wood & bamboo splint chair; large wing chair upholstered in naugahyde; large modern sofa w/green stripe fabric; two Pottery Barn beige suede arm chairs; large Danish armchair w/blue stripe fabric; wicker armchair w/bird batik covers; pair small wicker armchairs; more.
• Home décor inc.
Living room: Rumsford Scandinavian firescreen w/painted scene; American bronze fire sign "Basement Sprinkler"; Japanese brass candlestick lamps w/shades; antique baskets; pre-1946 "Sunshine Biscuits" (Loose-Wiles Biscuit, Kansas City) & other advertising tins; collection of camel & related items; collection of monkey & related items; birdcages; more.
Dining room: leaded glass window memorializing Shelby County, TX judge Hon. David S. Carnahan (ca 1837- ); brass & nickel-plate samovars; large footed basket w/glass top; carved & painted Indian frame; brass Turkish lunch pail; Thai minnow basket; two 1800s retablos of Santo Niño de Atocha, patron saint of pilgrims & prisoners; more.
Family room: primitive tree trunk plant stand; three-leg Indian table w/MOP; four-panel Japanese floral screen; 1950s-1960s shutter screen (VA); large metal finial; 1930s brass candlestick lamp w/octagonal shade; old & new mercury glass; Indian brass & horn pen stand & inkwell; three steer horn stools, one w/tapestry top, one w/velour, one w/bouclé; pair English carriage lamps; antique English officer's hat box, w/name J. L. Jaquet; antique Copeland lobster bowl w/utensils; McCoy, Niloak & other art pottery; ironstone; more.
Master bedroom: ca 1875-1900 Victorian walnut quilt stand; more.
Guest bedroom: Seth Thomas ebonized mantle clock; maple burl framed mirror; Eastlake bevel edge mirror; copper lion lamp; 1950s Japanese black lacquer box; seashell items; vintage kindergarten painting set; 1940s tomato box; more.
• Original art & framed prints inc.
Living room: ca 1966 still-life "Oranges" by Carlo Antonio Montesi (1920- ); 1950s Japanese stone rubbing "Man Riding Fish"; pair 1950s Japanese "Horsemen" prints; 1950s Japanese woodblock print "Duck in Snow w/Bamboo"; 1950s signed watercolor "Flounder & Shells"; more.
Dining room: 1926 "Man on Black Background" by Robert W. Chantey; more.
Family room: early 1900s Scandinavian lake scene on board; eight mid-1800s German tinted engravings; roll Japanese scroll art; European oil paintings; framed prints of monkeys, camels et al; "A Difficult Bunker" golfing print by Douglas Adams (1853-1920); more.
Master bedroom: framed Japanese Gyotaku "fish rubbing;" more.
Guest bedroom: still life w/Japanese tea pot by J. Buckley; "Boy in Beret with Dog" by Barbara Gill Bull; 1930s "Lady Asleep on Porch" oil on canvas by Axel And[erson] of San Antonio; more.
• Ten handmade antique American quilts inc. signed by "Gran Rassier" & dated 1870 "Log Cabin"; ca 1875-1900 yellow & white "Star"; ca 1875-1900 blue & white "Irish Chain"; ca 1870-1890 appliqué "Cabbage Rose"; ca 1875 appliqué floral crib; Victorian crazy quilt; more.
• Textiles & linens inc. late 1800s English Victorian woodwork in original frame; hand crocheted lace & doilies; table linens; needlepoint pillows et al; full & queen sheet sets; standard & king pillowcases; more.
• Women's clothing & accessories inc. J. Crew, Eileen Fisher, Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Liz Claiborne, Chico's, Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic et al, some new w/tags; vintage Ruth Saltz snake clutch, Andrew Geller lizard purse, Olivia Miller lizard clutch & other handbags; Amalfi, Anne Klein, Cole-Haan, Vaneli & other shoes; Tony Lama sz 9M red leather cowboy boots; vintage dresses; vintage eight mink stole; red fox & other fur hand muffs; costume jewelry; perfumes; more.
• Dinnerware inc. 1950s Japanese dinnerware inc. Oribe ware, Kyoto ware, Imari ware, Mashiko ware, Hagi-Yaki ware, Banko ware; crystal goblets & stems; 21 pcs. Wedgwood"Royal Worcester" cobalt blue w/gold trim; 15 pcs. handpainted blue & gold Adams (England) "Regent" Calyx Ware ironstone; 14 pcs. reproduction Cantagalli (Florence, Italy) brown & yellow pottery dishes; four Haviland (France) "Cherries" dessert plates; large punch bowl w/tray, ladle & 12 cups & other silver-plate serving pcs.; more.
• Flatware inc. 179 pcs. Thai (Siam) bronze (no cutlery chest); 42 pcs. Community; 32 pcs. Gorham stainless steel; 19 pcs. bamboo; more.
• Kitchen inc. 2000 Amana 25 refrigerator; 2013 GE microwave, 2008 Sharp R-308NW microwave; Cuisinart DLC-10E food processor; GE rotisserie-broiler; Williams-Sonoma bread machine; Oster juicer; Oster toaster, Black & Decker "Toastmaster" toaster; Revere Ware stainless steel & copper cookware; copper pots & molds; pewter; vintage ceramic Japanese flower arranging trays, 1950s Japanese bonsai clippers; butcher block serving cart; Whirlpool washer & dryer; more.
• Books inc. 1969-1971 UT "Cactus" yearbooks; "Tulips" (MacMillan, 1992) by Peter Arnold, "Rare Orchids" (Bullfinch, 1999) photos by Béla Kalman & other gardening; "Private New York: Remarkable Residences" (Abbeville, 1990) by Chippy Irvine & other decorating; antiques; history; self-help; cookbooks; complete 24 vol. 1954 "Encyclopedia Britannica"; more.
• Electronics inc. 32" Sony "Bravia" & six other TVs; Optimus CD-8150 CD player; Optimus STA-7500 receiver; 1978 Technics SL-235 turntable; Sony TC-WR445 tape deck, Sansui SC-2000 CD tape deck; 1967-1971 Sansui 2000 tuner, Realistic TM-70 tuner; vintage Nordmende (Germany) "Globetraveler" portable AM-FM shortwave radio, vintage Panasonic portable radio; more.
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 3180.