• Estate of DON LOUIS SAFLEY (1918-2005) & TONI GILL SAFLEY (1921-2015).
• Toni & son Bruce owned Antediluvian Antiques on Rio Grande St. in Austin from 1973 to 1984. Toni's 2,285 sq. ft. home is absolutely packed with vintage & antique smalls, antique furniture & antique original art. Also, birdcages; 9'x12' floral as is Chinese rug; Christmas décor; luggage; Singer, Whirlpool & Sharp vacuums; more.
• Antique furniture inc.
Living room: ca 1890-1910 Spanish walnut bookcase w/glass doors; 1840s-70s storage trunk (IN) w/original paint; late 1800s fruitwood Spanish Gothic-style vargueno/desk w/iron fittings; Eastlake walnut & marble top coffee table; Eastlake chair w/Chinese motif fabric; Chinese basket on iron stand; two-tier Japanese brass tray table; more.
Dining room: ca 1790-1820 Breton, France oak vasselier/buffet; more.
Family room: ca 1860-80 walnut plantation secretary/desk w/glass doors (IA); late 1800s continental oak chair w/cane seat; 1950s eight-drawer maple chest of drawers; ca 1870-90 Victorian walnut shaving stand; pair ca 1825 English oak chairs w/slip seats; ca 1830-60 American arrowback rocking chair w/original paint & carved parrot; more.
Master bedroom: ca 1900-25 polished steel full bed, oval shape w/floral decoration & Sealy "Backsaver" full mattresses/box springs; ca 1890-1910 English bamboo & grasscloth armoire w/mirrored door; ca 1870-90 Victorian walnut side table; more.
Guest bedroom: vintage 3/4 Mexican brass bed w/custom mattress; ca 1840-65 four-drawer cherry Sheraton-style chest of drawers (GA); ca 1840-60 mahogany American Empire fold-over game table; 32" round wicker table; more.
• Other furniture inc. as is arm chair in red & white linen toile; Lawson-style loveseat in green; 48" Pottery Barn pine table; large wing chair upholstered in naugahyde; large modern sofa w/green stripe fabric; two Pottery Barn beige suede arm chairs; more.
• Home décor inc.
Living room: 28.5" Chiapas (Mexico) iron cross; Japanese brass candlestick lamps w/shades; two Alabama pine needle trays, hickory splint & other antique American baskets; pre-1946 "Sunshine Biscuits" (Loose-Wiles Biscuit, Kansas City) & other advertising tins; collection of camel & related items; collection of monkey & related items; fabric bolts & scraps; more.
Dining room: leaded glass window memorializing Shelby County, TX judge Hon. David S. Carnahan (ca 1837- ); brass & nickel-plate Turkish samovars et al; large footed basket w/glass top; Thai minnow basket; more.
Family room: Turkish brazier; ca 1840 Empire mirror; primitive tree trunk plant stand; four-panel Japanese floral screen; 1930s brass candlestick lamp w/octagonal shade; pair ca 1900 mercury glass vases et al, some new; American bronze fire sign "Basement Sprinkler"; steer horn stool w/tapestry top; McCoy, Niloak & other art pottery; six Italian cantaloupe bowls; assorted ironstone; 1950s Thai gilded lacquered ware; English brass fireplace fender; large German sadiron; more.
Master bedroom: Lebanese brass foot stools; more.
Guest bedroom: Seth Thomas ebonized mantle clock; maple burl framed mirror; Eastlake bevel edge mirror; 1950s Japanese black lacquer box; seashell items; tooled Mexican saddle handbag; more.
• Original art & framed prints inc.
Living room: ca 1966 still-life "Oranges" by Carlo Antonio Montesi (1920- ); 1950s Japanese stone rubbing "Man Riding Fish"; 1950s Japanese woodblock print "Duck in Snow w/Bamboo"; 1950s signed watercolor "Flounder"; more.
Dining room: 1926 "Man on Black Background" by Robert W. Chantey; more.
Family room: early 1900s Scandinavian lake scene on board; eight mid-1800s German tinted engravings; roll Japanese scroll art; framed prints of monkeys, camels et al; ca 1900 "A Difficult Bunker" handcolored golf engraving by Douglas Adams (1853-1920); more.
Master bedroom: framed Japanese Gyotaku "fish rubbing;" more.
Guest bedroom: still life w/Japanese tea pot by J. Buckley; "Boy in Beret with Dog" by Barbara Gill Bull; 1930s "Lady Asleep on Porch" oil on canvas by Axel And[erson] of San Antonio; more.
• Four handmade antique American quilts inc. Victorian crazy quilt; more.
• Textiles & linens inc. late 1800s English Victorian woodwork in original frame; hand crocheted lace & doilies; table linens; full & queen sheet sets; standard & king pillowcases; more.
• Women's clothing (medium to large) & accessories inc. lambskin jacket by Katherine Kelly; J. Crew, Eileen Fisher, Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Liz Claiborne, Chico's, Ralph Lauren, London Fog, Calvin Klein, Banana Republic et al, some new w/tags; Andrew Geller lizard purse et al; Amalfi, Anne Klein, Cole-Haan, Vaneli & other sz 7.5-8 shoes, some never worn; Tony Lama sz 9M red leather cowboy boots; 100% wool jackets, Koret of California & other vintage clothing; fur hand muff; costume jewelry; Guerlain, Lutece, Halston, Chanel, Gucci fragrances et al; more.
• Jewelry cases inc. .925 souvenir spoons & other flatware; vintage Ruth Saltz snake clutch, Olivia Miller lizard clutch; Zippo & other lighters; necklaces; more.
• Dinnerware inc. 1950s Japanese dishes inc. 15-pc. Somayaki tea set, saki sets, Oribe ware, Kyoto ware, Imari ware, Mashiko ware, Hagi-Yaki ware, Banko ware; 42 pcs. black Mikasa; 21 pcs. Wedgwood "Royal Worcester" cobalt blue w/gold trim; 15 pcs. handpainted blue & gold Adams (England) "Regent" Calyx Ware ironstone; 14 pcs. reproduction Cantagalli (Florence, Italy) brown & yellow pottery dishes; four Havilland (France) "Cherries" dessert plates; four green w/gold Limoges plates; large punch bowl w/tray, ladle & 12 cups & other silver-plate serving pcs.; monkeypod dishes; more.
• Flatware inc. 42 pcs. Community/Oneida stainless w/chest; 32 pcs. Gorham stainless; 23 pcs. Sabatier stainless; more.
• Kitchen inc. 2000 Amana 25 refrigerator; 2013 GE microwave, 2008 Sharp R-308NW microwave; Cuisinart DLC-10E food processor; GE rotisserie-broiler; Williams-Sonoma bread machine; Oster juicer; Oster toaster; Revere Ware stainless steel & copper cookware; Portuguese copper cookware; copper molds; pewter; MIB Century "Hoyt Blue Ribbon" cast iron biscuit pan; vintage ceramic Japanese flower arranging trays, 1950s Japanese bonsai clippers; butcher block serving cart; Whirlpool washer & electric dryer; more.
• Books inc. 1969 UT "Cactus" yearbook; "Tulips" (MacMillan, 1992) by Peter Arnold, "Rare Orchids" (Bullfinch, 1999) photos by Béla Kalman & other gardening; "Private New York: Remarkable Residences" (Abbeville, 1990) by Chippy Irvine & other decorating; antiques; history; politics; self-help; golf; cookbooks; complete 24 vol. 1954 "Encyclopedia Britannica"; more.
• Electronics inc. five TVs; Optimus CD-8150 CD player; Optimus STA-7500 receiver; Sony TC-WR445 tape deck, Sansui SC-2000 CD tape deck; 1967-71 Sansui 2000 tuner, Realistic TM-70 tuner; two Proscan VCRs; vintage Nordmende (Germany) "Globetraveler" portable AM-FM shortwave radio, vintage Panasonic portable radio; LPs; more.
• Greenhouse inc. bromeliads, ferns, crotons, pencil cactus, ti plants, aloe vera, angel wing begonias; spider/airplane plants; clay pots; garden tools; 8' aluminum ladder; two vintage Black Americana garden statues, one boy fishing, another eating; concrete lion; more.
• Deck inc. large Victorian wirework plant stand et al; three pcs. rustic Adirondack outdoor furniture; antique Emerson two blade, two light ceiling fan; Schwinn XR-1 "Exerciser" bike; more.
• Garage inc. Craftsman 10" radial arm saw; Black & Decker saw sander, Black & Decker "Workmate 300" work bench; MacGregor "Persimmon Woods" golf clubs & two other sets; two 6' tables packed w/$1 items; more.
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 382.