The EstateSales.NET Marketplace is a great place to shop online for items you might find at an estate sale. There are a few types of items that are either illegal to sell or might be better sold in person. The following items are not allowed to be sold on the EstateSales.NET Marketplace (the part of EstateSales.NET where you can buy and sell online rather than in-person).
- Adult Items (pornography)
- Animals (this includes live animals, taxidermy, ivory, and other animal products that are illegal to sell)
- Counterfeit Currency
- Drugs (illegal or controlled substances)
- Medications or medical devices that require a prescription
- Firearms and Destructive Items (guns of any type, ammo, bombs, explosives, etc.)
- Intangible Items or Non Products (gift cards, coupons, prepaid cards, currency, cryptocurrency, etc.)
- Offensive Items (Nazi, Slavery, KKK, Racial Slurs, etc.)
There are many federal, state, and local laws and regulations on what can and can't be sold. It is both the responsibility of the seller and the buyer to follow the laws and regulations of their government.
How To Report
If you believe something violates one of the above-restricted items or it is unlawful to sell, please click the "Report This Item" link while on the item page. You may also email support@EstateSales.NET with a link to the item page and your concern. We will review the information provided and take appropriate action based on our findings.
Why Some Items Are Prohibited
We know that some items on our list may seem "fine to sell" by some. It is our goal to have EstateSales.NET be a nice place to shop no matter your background. While there are many items that have historical significance, we cannot know the intentions of a particular buyer with an online transaction. In addition there are items that are legal to sell such as some guns. We believe that some legally sold items (such as guns) are just better sold in person rather than online.