The second weekend in September , we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales, this time in historic Druid Hills. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in town with a certified sense of humor, a state-of-the-art check-out system, designed by a GA Tech brainiac, so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
This house is stuffed with furniture (some good antiques), dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, den, living room and three upstairs bedrooms. The house is completely full of everything you need and a few things you don't want. There's also a two-car garage stuffed with estate-sale-only finds.
The owners have sold the house and are downsizing to a small love condo. They want us to hurry up and finish our sale, so they can close on the house!
I recently received the signed contract for the sale, so please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 280.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someone's home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
What you will find at our sale:
- Queen size mahogany 4-poster bed
- Vintage English oak pub table, w/4 chairs
- 63-Piece set of Reed & Barton "French Renaissance" sterling silver
- Henredon Asian porcelain fishbowl dining table, w/ogee beveled glass top (HEAVY)
- GORGEOUS Biedermeier-style inlaid sofa
- Asian black lacquer chest and 4-panel screen
- Baldwin black lacquer upright piano, with stool
- Asian chest, by Pulaski Furniture Co., Pulaski, VA
- Victorian carved oak love seat
- Asian inspired glass/wood lighted curio cabinet - full of Irish Beleek, ABCG, hand painted Limoges china, art glass
- Vintage oak Victrola, #1016
- Vintage English oak writing desk, with carved feet, legs and flying dragon
- 1940's mahogany china cabinet
- Italian inlaid wood side table, with music box inside
- Vintage hand painted Asian secretary
- Victorian oak bedroom set, with marble-topped tables
- Upholstered armchairs, vintage & antique occasional chairs
- Vintage pair of mahogany 3-drawer nightstands
- Antique English Mahogany 4-drawer chest
- Antique English bird's eye maple 4-drawer chest, on metal casters
- Pair of outdoor wicker chairs and matching side table
- Vintage French 6-drawer chest, with inlay and bronze mounts
- Vintage American Walnut chifferobe, w/2 doors & drawers
- Antique tiger oak rocker, with rush seat
- Antique cast iron and wood theater seat
- Hand painted Gone with the Wind lamp
- Victorian 3-drawer oak dresser
- Victorian chaise lounge
- Blond wood daybed, with futon
- Several small occasional tables
- Lots of art - signed originals and nicely framed prints
- Persian Rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners
- Mirrors, some contemporary, some antique
- Several nice table & floor lamps
- Several nice pieces of vintage concrete - statuary and pots
- Stainless steel "Coldspot" refrigerator/freezer, by Kenmore, model # 106.74953401
- Tools: Yard tools, hand tools Lot's more smalls!
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours.
We have zero tolerance for theft at our sales and will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law - no questions.
Terms and Conditions: WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS, WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Master Matt @ (678) 559-9345. If he's busy, call Gigolo Jake @ (678) 724- 3966.
Neither of these movers are employed by A Southern Spirit, so please don't bug them by calling about items in the sale, they are hired to lift heavy things, not answer probing questions about what's still available at our sale.