The first weekend in August, we'll be ready to throw open the doors on another of our infamous estate sales. Infamous, you ask? Yes, we're the only estate sale company in the ATL with a certified sense of humor and a state-of-the-art check-out system, designed by a GA Tech braniac, so that most of the items are barcoded. You won't have to stand in line forever, while an invoice is hand written by a fossil, like me!
This couple has made the timely decision to sell everything in their house, make a life-altering move and start from scratch. They are both on their second marriage (we must always get that starter marriage outta the way) and the house is stuffed with furniture (some good antiques) from three households. This house has two bedrooms, a downstairs office, dining room, kitchen, den, breakfast room, a garage FULL of whatzits and doohickeys - mainly Christmas decorations, tons of good art supplies and last but not least, a yard maintenance department that'll have your neighbors GREEEEEN with envy.
Yes, the house is also for sale. Represented by the lovely and talented Alison Hutson-Douglas, of Sotheby's International Reality, you can reach her directly at 404-386-5260; click on the link for a comprehensive listing: http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-1486-4ncydq/elegant-buckhead-living-atlanta-ga-30342.
Please feel free to check this listing frequently, as we will continually update and add pictures/descriptions as the sale morphs and unfolds. We emptied the attic and a couple of their storage units, so the house is completely full of everything you need and a few things you don't want.
Do you enjoy estate sales? How about scrunging at yard/garage/thrift stores? Please realize that there is a huge difference between authentic estate sales and the other venues to get your fix. I personally love to dig through any type of sale (hence my Ph.D in shopping) to find a hidden treasure that just "speaks" to me.
Just a word to let you know that estate sales are a real business. Surprising, huh? Please realize that we are a contracted company, whose job is to sell the contents of someones home. We do not personally own any of the items available at a sale. When tempted to ask "Can you do better on the price?" - Sure, we can double it! ;-)
Seriously, we do a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare a property for a sale. We price, clean, stage, move, hang, repeat, so that your shopping experience can be fun and rewarding. All we ask in return is that you have fun, find some goodies and tell others about our sales.
Can't wait to see you at our sale. Setup was 3127.
What you will find at our sale:
- Kitchen goodies - appliances, utensils, professional grade pots & pans, Pyrex, Calphalon
- Three complete sets of china - vintage Lenox "Charleston", Noritake "Colburn" and Mikasa
- Daum pate de verre "Nature" decanter and matching pair of champagne flutes
- Waterford crystal
- Baccarat "Capri" stemware; three sizes, + a decanter
- Stanley round-topped table (HEAVY) + 4 side chairs upholstered in fabric & leather, with four clip-on leaves
- Siler leaf mirrored buffet, by Tam Lee
- Vintage Baker 1940's mahogany china cabinet, with writing desk
- Beautiful queen size bed & matching nightstands
- King size bedroom suite
- Two couches (one Bernhardt)
- Gorgeous pair of silk/leather bergere chairs
- Several small occasional tables
- Vintage French recamier sofa
- Pair ca. 1820 English Regency mahogany chairs, w/original horsehair fabric
- Pair 1920's FABBY crystal electrical girandoles - very swoopy/swanky/sparkly
- Large collection of C.D.'s + a few vinyl albums
- Lots of art - signed originals and nicely framed prints + matted photographs
- Persian Rugs (several to choose from) hand made room size, area rugs and runners
- Mirrors, some contemporary, some antique
- Several nice table & floor lamps
- Racks full of designer women's clothing, sizes from 6-12: Calvin Klein Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Linda Allard/Ellen Tracy, Michael Hoban, for North Beach Leather, Votre Nom/Paris, Lida Baday, Burberry, Armani Collezioni, Georgio Armani, Augustus, Genny Way/Isaacson's, Vestimenta Spa, MaxMara, Mondi, Dolce Gabbana, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, la Perla, Natori, Bergdorf Goodman, Theory, Matt Nye, Siena Studio, etc.
- Women's designer shoes, size 6 & 9 , brands include Jimmy Choo, Diego Della Valle, Renaud Pellegrino, Prada, Robert Clegerie, Ralph Lauren Purple Label; Ugg & Ariat Paddock boots
- Vintage fur coat - 1955 sheared muskrat
- Racks of men's dress shirts (16 1/2 x 33), slacks (38-30) suits (42-44), tuxes and casual shoes (size 10 narrow)
- Like new LG "Tromm" Washer/Dryer - full size
- Outdoor furniture, tables, pots, statuary
- Restored 1942 Coca-Cola neon wall clock
- Tons of art supplies + 65 or more wooden stamps, by Nick Bantock, stationary customizing supplies
- Complete sets of Elfa wire basket and mesh shelving units
- A John Deere LT 155, 42" riding lawnmower
- Honda HRX 217 push mower
- Honda HS 520 , snow blower (what WERE they thinking?!?)
- Radio Flyer wagons
- Black & Decker Workmate 550 work table
- Ducane gas grill
- Children's & Adult (Cannondale) Bikes - even a vintage 1990's Schwinn banana-seat, "Orange Krate" sissy bar delight!
- Tools: Yard tools, hand tools
- Lot's more smalls!
What you won't find at our sale:
- A valid reason to vote for either presidential candidate
- Wholesale pricing on all-virgin hair extensions
- Drip-proof ice cream sandwiches that can be hidden in your pants, to cool you off on hot days
- How second-hand smoke can lead to second-hand coolness
- Videos detailing how to get your cat to "go" outside the box
- Why quiet loners tend to come out of their shells at gun stores
- Sets of 1-year birthday party photo-op cake smashing accessories
- Mid-life crisis employees who couldn't care less if you attend our sales
- Crazy "first day" pricing. If you like it, buy it, as it likely won't be there for day 3, 50% off day
We LOVE what we do and most of our customers. Please realize that we don't tolerate theft of any kind at our sales. If you want to steal from estate sales, please realize that you need to visit another sale, not ours. We will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law, no questions.
Terms and Conditions: WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEMS AT EACH ESTATE SALE SUCH AS PRICE, SIZE OR AVAILABILITY.
Cash & Checks accepted with proper ID. NSF Checks will be charged a $35 fee. For purchases over $50, Credit/Debit cards are accepted. All purchases made AS IS WHERE IS with NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO REFUNDS & NO EXCHANGES.
Please do not block neighbors when you park. A Southern Spirit Estate Sales & the owners ARE NOT responsible for any accident or injury while on property.
We have limited loading assistance available, so please try bring your own moving help. Professional moving arrangements can be made for a fee; call Benny @ (678) 637-3196. If he's busy, try Nelyo @ (404) 281- 8389.