88 YEARS OF CHERISHED TREASURES!
THIS SALE FEATURES ITEMS FROM MULTI GENERATIONS OF COLLECTORS!
( This ain't no Precious Moments Estate Sale!)
Story behind the Artist:
Love of the Arts and Nature, filled her life. She grew up in a creative "eccentric" family, during the depression era, learning at a young age, that there is beauty or usefulness in just about any object.
HER FAMILY SAVED EVERYTHING! (WE HAVE A LOT OF IT!)
She helped as her parents built their own house entirely out of salvaged materials,... with their own two hands and a mule!
(We have architectural elements left over from this project that were stored in our barn for years).
She graduated from the Wash U school of Fine Art in the late '40s: an exceptional metalsmith/ jewelry maker.
She had her hand in all types of art and crafts through the years, working early on for Ringling Bros. in Sarasota, FL making props, costumes and amazing masks for the circus. (We have boxes of sequins, beads, fabric, sewing supplies!)
As a Florida newlywed in the 1950s, her passion for cooking and hosting parties took off ...and so did her collection of dishes, glassware and cookbooks, cookbooks, cookbooks!
Through the years, she acquired multiple sets of antique dishes, silverware, pottery etc. from her mother, grandparents and aunts.
She moved back to St. Louis with her small family in the 1960s and taught art at Mary Institute. Gardening, travel, photography, crafts, cooking (of course!) and reading ( we have tons of books in every category; art and gourmet magazines) filled her free time. She appreciated fine craftsmanship, with a special fondness for hand thrown pottery, which she collected.
We have a large amount of ceramics from one of her favorite potters, Wally Schwab, whose studio is in the Portland, Ore. area.
Other pieces she loved to pick up from Craft Alliance, through the years. We've uncovered lots of wonderful pottery from local and regional artists!
She surrounded herself with color, 88 years of cherished collections, unique, eclectic, antique....
SUCH A VARIETY and SO MANY ITEMS -- IT'S MIND-BOGGLING!
Here is a partial list of some items you'll find ... JUST a drop in the bucket
- Unique Wally Schwab Art Pottery ( Pacific Northwest) 1970s work
- Tim Mather Art Pottery Indiana Art Professor
- Vic Bassman St Louis Art Pottery ( former Ladue HS Ceramics teacher )
- Lorrie Sargent St Louis Art Pottery
- Sam Stang Glass Bowl
- Large Collection of Russel Wright Dish-ware
- Lab beakers and misc glass
- Funeral Home item - Morticians Headrest
- Vintage Toys
- Antique Unique Decorative IRON horse stall dividers
- Paper mâché Kentucky Tavern Snowman
- Wooden Nasco Banks
- Bakelite Seth Thomas Nautical Style Clock
- Fenton Hobnail Vases old
- Rotary dial telephones
- Bakelite Jewelry
- Pottery by Ellen Shankin
- Moonstone Hob nail opalescent dish ware
- Vintage sandwich toaster
- Vaseline glass
- RAYMOR mid century Large Bowl and Celery etc.
- Antique Hand Painted China set including Limoges, Bavaria, Haviland
- Mc Coy
- GE and misc Refrigerator storage Glass
- LOTS OF Architectural Salvage
- Folk Art Stand
- lots of antique serving trays and bowls
- Red Wing Lotus Pattern Dish set
- Vintage Model Train items in original boxes
- Misc steamware and glassware sets
- Depression Era Glass
- Vintage lighting fixtures and Lamps
- Cast Iron ornate Stool
- Antique trunks
- Antique Windows
- Antique stained glass from Church
- Old Crockery and Jugs
- Printers drawers
- Deco Dutch Spice Cabinet
- Laboratory Giant Glass Jar
- Antique Riding Bootle
- old Japan Willow ware
- Decoy Duck
- Antique Bird Cage
- Cast iron Cookware
- 1940s handpainted Mexican Pottery
- Le Creuset Cookware Mid Century
- Wooden Child's Chairs old
- Tons of Antique Stools
- Mexican Handblown Colored Glass
- Eames Bikini Chairs
- antique Bottles
- Old Wooden Eames Chairs
- Mid Century Pottery Galore
- Old Baskets Galore
- Antique Floor Lamps
- Section of Old Railroad Track
- old coffee grinder
- Ruby Red Flashed Candy Dish
- Old wine barrel
- Cast iron Cake and Cookie Molds
- Old Hot Meal Container with originals tag
- Old Dairy Bottles
- Old creamers , planters, salt and peppers
- Hubley Aunt Jemima Door Stop
- Boda Glass
- Melamine Dishes and plates
- Old Vanity Items
- Fishing Creel
- Antique blue and white stoneware
- lots of old jewelry odds and ends
- Antique Murphy Locker/ Bed Child's ( from Soulard St Louis Orphanage)
- Antique Hutch
- Gardening and Nature Books
- Art Photograpy Books
- Old Large Wicker Blanket Trunk
- brass Hearth warmer
- hundreds of $1 items
- mid Century John Risley Dugan Lounge Chair
- Jenny Lind Baby Bed
- Antique wire Jardiniere 3 tear half moon
- Old Beds with rails including Antique Walnut, Solid Brass and Wooden Youth
- Featherweight Singer sewing Machine
- Old sewing notions and misc
- Household items galore
- Adult Tricycle
- Wicker Chaise
- Old tools
- Camping equipment
- lots of fabric ( never used)
- Trifold mirror
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 3136.