October 13-14 Hybrid Estate Sale in Oak Ridge
Absolutely Enormous Event with Online Auction & Giant Tag Sale!
Open to the Public! Make Plans to Attend!
HOURS: Friday 1-6 PM; Saturday 9-3 with 50% off at 1 PM (Plus Box Lots at 2:45!)
ADDRESS: We release the address the day before; it’s in the west end of Oak Ridge.
It’s been awhile since we have worked in a house this slam jammed full! The homeowners raised 4 kids during the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and, from what we can tell, they saved everything the kids over touched, as well as hordes of their own interests from working ‘at the plants’ in Oak Ridge and at other organizations around town. For starters, there is a huge 400+ doll collection – the largest we’ve had in one house ever. They are housed (partially) in 3 lovely display cases which are also for sale. The kitchen and dining areas and overflowing with china, glassware, and Vintage & Retro collectibles, plus a partial set of Sterling flatware. There are a gazillion books, CD’s VHS, DVD’s and records; a room full of Toys, Puzzles and Games; loads of sewing and crafting items including a Bernina machine; a Unicorn collection (we dare you to try to count them) and so many children’s and women’s clothes, plus sheets, towels and other linens that we ran out of space to put them! There is Oak Ridge memorabilia in abundance. The entire back wall of the garage is crammed with Christmas decor and 3 rows of shelves are stocked full with overflow from everywhere else. Add to this all the furniture in the home and you will get some idea of how full the place is! Bring lots of money, lots space in the your car and plan to spend awhile, or to come more than once, as we will sell our way into corners you won’ be able to see when we start! Please note that the extensive listing below is nowhere near complete, and that we hit the max of 500 photos allowed the Tag Sale gallery so it also definitely doesn’t show all of what’s here!
THE ONLINE AUCTION HAS about half the Furniture, plus Jewelry, Art, China, Collectibles, a Rare Coin, a few of the Dolls and much more!
THE TAG SALE has everything else! Thousands of items! See the listing and gallery for details.
CLICK HERE FOR THE TAG SALE PHOTOS
This is an enormous photo gallery with the 500 photos- the maximum Google will allow us! We had to leave things out!! There is much more here than shown…
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE AUCTION
The auction ends Friday Night the 13th, and Pickup is Saturday Morning, the 14th.
TERMS: We accept cash, good checks and now also credit/debit/paypal with 3% surcharge. Buyers should plan to remove their purchases from the home during sale hours. Auction bidders see auction terms! No pre-sales. What you see in our ads are in the sales when we open.
PARKING: This home is on a cul de sac so it essential that everyone park only on the EVEN number side and don’t overfill the cul de sac.
NUMBERS: We will hand out our numbers Friday at 11:45. Your number must be on our business card to hold your place in line. If you get any other kind of number before 11:45, please be present to swap it out with ours at that time.
ONLINE AUCTION LISTING (see below for tag sale items)
- Vintage Round Pine Dining Table with 4 Chairs, in good sturdy condition, with some rough spots on the surfaces. The table is 49" diameter, with a modified Queen Anne leg; it opens up for leaves, but as of writing we haven't found the leaves. The chairs have nice turned legs and spindles and are nice and sturdy, but again there is some wear to the finish.
- Lovely Vintage Queen Anne Mahogany Library or Buffet Table, with nice carved leg braces. 60" long, 20" deep, 29" tall. In good sturdy condition, with a couple scuffs to the finish and one of the brace attachments needs to be reattached.
- Pretty Oval Pedestal Dining Table, with 2 Leaves. With the leaves removed, it can be a 46" round table. The leaves are 12" so it has the maximum length of about 70". The pedestal is a heavy round column with 4 legs that each have carved ball and claw feet. It's in good sturdy condition and the finish is in very good shape overall.
- Excellent set of 8 Antique, Ornately Carved Dining Chairs, in very good overall condition, with a pretty upholstery and turned legs and spindles, in addition to the grape and cable carving which covers the top and the middle backsplat. The wood is Oak, and we don't see any significant breaks or repairs. There is one small round finial missing off the side of one chair, and one of the chairs had some rope on it, which has since been removed, and it has a crack on the left side upright.
- Vintage Mahogany Drop-Leaf Tea Cart on Wheels, with a glass lift-off serving tray. It has Queen Anne styling and is in good sturdy condition. 31" long, 20" wide with the leaves down or 38" wide with both leaves up, 26" tall.
- Fine Antique 2-Over-2 Drawer Dresser with Mirror, in the Empire Style. 43" wide, 21" deep, 67" tall including the mirror. It's in good sturdy condition and the drawers slide, however there are several chips to the quarter-sawn Oak veneer.
- Upright Piano by Henry F. Miller, in good condition with all the ivory and good action on all the keys. Includes bench, and is conveniently on the ground floor with no steps to get it outside. 58" wide, 28" deep, 53" tall.
- Super Cool Retro Beige and Gold Singer Sewing Machine that looks like an early rocket ship. It's in a pretty Mahogany case, with a stool. As of writing, we haven't found the power cord, so it is untested.
- Bernina Model 830 Sewing Machine, made in Switzerland. In a hard case with the manual, power cord, attachments and supplies.
- Fantastic Antique Mahogany Office Desk with 4 drawers and pull-out tray on the right, a wide center drawer with dividers, a file drawer, smaller drawer and pull-out tray on the left. It has paneled front and sides, so would be suitable in the middle of a room. This piece is solid as a rock and the finish is original, with some wear. Measures a whopping 68" wide, 34" deep, 30.5" tall. It's on the ground floor, with no steps to get it outside.
- Antique 3-Drawer Chest with Mirror, with a solid Mahogany top and Mahogany veneer on the fronts of the drawers, and paneled sides. It's in good sturdy condition but there are chips off the veneer on the front. 40" wide, 20" deep, 68" tall.
- Antique Secretary Desk, with a 3-Door Base and a Drop-Down Front with good hinges and braces, that reveals a nice divided section inside. The top section has 2 glass doors with a lock, and pretty gingerbread muntins. This piece is capped with the "broken arch" pediment and finial. It appears to have the original finish, which has taken on a leathery look. It's in good sturdy condition, but one of the feet does have a chip. 33.5" wide, 17" deep, 81" tall.
- Service for 12+, in Community Plate Silverplate Flatware. Comes with the silver chest shown and includes at least 12 each of dinner and salad forks; teaspoons, soup spoons, tablespoons, and iced tea spoons; plus lots of serving pieces. Some pieces are engraved with "MC" and others--approximately half--are not. Overall condition is good. Some pieces show very little wear and some have moderate. Nice set!
- Curio Cabinet #1. Fine Quality Lighted Curio Cabinet with 4 glass doors on the front, a mirrored back, 1 internal glass shelf, and a second narrow wooden shelf about a third of the way up. 69" long, 14" deep, 54" tall. Manufactured by Bernhardt. It's a solid wood frame with a chocolate colored finish and a pretty burl across the top. The doors are quality heavy glass with brass corner protection and each one is triple hinged for strength. It's in very good sturdy condition overall and the finish is in good condition but needs a good cleaning.
- Curio Cabinet #2. Fine Quality Lighted Curio Cabinet with 4 glass doors on the front, a mirrored back, 1 internal glass shelf, and a second narrow wooden shelf about a third of the way up. 69" long, 14" deep, 54" tall. Manufactured by Bernhardt. It's a solid wood frame with a chocolate colored finish and a pretty burl across the top. The doors are quality heavy glass with brass corner protection and each one is triple hinged for strength. It's in very good sturdy condition overall and the finish is in good condition but needs a good cleaning.
- Curio Cabinet #3. Fine Quality Lighted Curio Cabinet with 4 glass doors on the front, a mirrored back, 1 internal glass shelf, and a second narrow wooden shelf about a third of the way up. 69" long, 14" deep, 54" tall. Manufactured by Bernhardt. It's a solid wood frame with a chocolate colored finish and a pretty burl across the top. The doors are quality heavy glass with brass corner protection and each one is triple hinged for strength. It's in very good sturdy condition overall and the finish is in good condition but needs a good cleaning.
- Sweet Vintage Reproduction of a Victorian Sofa, with both Duncan Phyffe accents and Swan Heads carved on the arms. 72" wide, 33" deep, 32" tall. It has a sturdy floral upholstery, that's in good condition, and it sits firm--presumably because the foam isn't very springy anymore.
- Antique Mahogany Queen Anne China or Curio Display Cabinet, in very good overall condition. It has 2 wood framed glass doors with muntins, that close with a lock and key and it stands on Queen Anne legs that hold the main case about 18" off the floor. The top shelf has a mirror back, and there are also windows on the sides. 43" wide, 16" deep, 59" tall.
- Beautiful set of Noritake "La Prada" China, all in excellent condition, with a beautiful gold rim and very pretty green and pink floral design. Includes: 10 dinner plates, 10 salad plates, 10 bread plates, and 10 cups and saucers. Many, if not all, pieces do not appear to have ever been used.
- Large set of Harmony House "Diana" China, Service for 12 in most pieces, including: Dinner, Salad, and Bread Plates; 2 Sizes Bowls; Cups and Saucers; Creamer; Sugar; Gravy; Round and Oval Platters; Round Serving Bowl. This set appears to have seen moderate use, and while most pieces are in very good condition, there are a few small chips on various pieces, so please inspect.
- Large Set of Gibson China, White with a Gold Rim. Includes 16 each of: Dinner and Salad Plates; Bowls; Cups and Saucers. Overall condition appears to be very good with little to no wear on the gold rim and few, if any, chips.
- Lovely Set of Noritake "Sabona" China. Includes 11 Dinner Plates; 8 each: Salad Plates, Cereal Bowl and Berry Bowl; 5 Bread Plates; 8 Cups and Saucers; Creamer; Sugar; Gravy; Covered Casserole; 6 Various Platters and Serving Bowls. This is a very pretty pattern and everything appears to be in very good condition.
- Lovely Dessert Set in a "CT Altwasser Silesia Germany" Pattern. Includes: 4 Cups and Saucers; 4 Berry Bowls; 6 Dessert Plates; and 2 Dinner/Serving Plates. All appear to be in very good to excellent condition and lightly, if ever, used.
- Fantastic Set of Iroquois Casual China by Russell Wright. Includes: 8 Dinner Plates; 11 Saucers and 10 Cups in slightly different coloring; Creamer; Sugar; Covered Butter; 2 Salt and Pepper Sets; Covered Casserole; Serving Bowl; Covered Bean Pot; 10.75" lid; and miscellaneous other small bowls. Overall condition appears to be very good, there's just one small bowl with a chip.
- Service for 4 in Franciscan "Desert Rose". Includes 4 each: Dinner, Salad, Bread and Dessert Plates; Cups and Saucers; and Footed Berry Bowls. 3 Butter Pats; Covered Butter; Gravy; 2 types of Salt and Pepper; Creamer; another small pitcher; and 6 tumblers. Also there are round and oval platters, a round serving bowl and a covered pie dish.
- Awesome Retro "The Skotch Kooler" and "The Skotch Kaddy" Plaid 2-pc Set. Larger one has a couple of dents, but we do have 2 sizes, with good handles, and the paint is good. The Kooler also has the plastic insert.
- Wonderful Framed 52" Photo of 20 Women, that's marked "Townsend, 1915". The frame and the glass are in good condition, but the paper backing is crumbling away.
- Large "Hudson's Bay" Point Blanket. Made in England, of 100% wool. This is the 4-stripe blanket, famed amongst hunters for making durable winter coats, as well as for trading. It was well-stored in a chest and appears to be in very good condition, with no holes.
- Roomba "Discovery" by iRobot. Appears to be unused, in the original box, with a retail tag of $279.00.
- Amazing Box Full of Vintage GE "Show and Tell" Picture Sound Programs, with the Show and Tell Record Player and Video Screen. Each of the programs comes with a record and a microfiche-type slide to go with the story on the record. There appears to be extra needles and an extra bulb for the player. There are approximately 42 or more of the programs.
- Lot of 4 Framed Original Watercolors of Native American Dancers, in Costume. Signed by "H. Begay." They each measure about 11" x 11" and are all in excellent condition.
- Huge Collection of Wade Red Rose Tea Figurines, with a Glass Display Case that has hooks for hanging on the wall. There is also a stack of paperwork that lists the ones that are here, along with retail prices. The display has 20 figurines in it and there are another 55+ additional figures to go with it. All the figures appear to be in good to excellent condition, and the retail prices on the associated paperwork show anywhere from $2-$14, suggesting there's hundreds of dollars of collector value here.
- 1990 Georgia Tech National Football Championship Poster, signed by dozens of members of the team, and personalized to a member of the family who worked with the team at that time.
- Gorgeous Massive Copper Kettle with a Cast Iron Handle. In very good overall condition. Measures 23" in diameter and 15.5" tall. It has a beautiful patina.
- Panasonic 49" HD TV with HD 3D Built-In Sound. It's a flat-screen, but an older model, so it's 14" deep on the back. Model PT-50LC14.
- Group of 3 Amazing Hand-Chased Silver pieces from Thailand, including a Platter, Alms Bowl, and Serving Spoon. Pieces like this are revered in Thailand and often used in donation ceremonies where people make offerings to monks in monasteries. We haven't fully deciphered the Thai, but the first line of the markings is the Thai word for "silver". Both larger pieces are covered with typical Thai images of men and women in formal dress, and the bowl also has what are presumably images from the Buddha's life, as well. The bowl is 9" diameter and the platter is 11" diameter.
- Wonderful Antique 3-Piece Parlor Furniture Set, including a Loveseat, Armchair, and Rocking Chair, all with green velvet upholstery. These pieces are made from what appears to be Mahogany, and hand carved. They have soft comfortable seats and high curving arms, with tufted backs and smooth seats.
- Wonderful Antique Pedestal Accent Table in Walnut or Mahogany. 28" square, 28" tall. It's in good overall condition, but there's one split on the top that could use to be glued and clamped. It sits on wheels and has a lovely finish overall.
- Lovely Matched Pair of Elegant Vintage Armchairs, with striped upholstery and Mahogany arms and legs with fluted carving. Both are very sturdy and in very good overall condition, although one of the seats has a faint stain on the upholstery.
- Still Life of a Crock and Fruit, in a Wood and Burlap Frame. Signed by the artist "Joan O'Steen Hill."
- Original Framed Watercolor by Local Artist "Helen Guyman." It's of old farm equipment in a field backed by trees. 25" x 30" in the frame.
- Large Original Acrylic Framed Painting by Local Artist "Hill-Smyser." 31" x 41" in the frame.
- Beautiful Drexel Chippendale Chest on Chest, in either Cherry or Mahogany, with pretty brass hardware. In very good condition. The bottom section has 2 drawers and the upper section has 3-over-2-over-3 drawers. The upper section also has a fluted carved design down the corners. 38" wide, 19" deep, 62" tall.
- Matching Drexel Chippendale Cherry or Mahogany Chest with 3-way Mirror. This one is also in beautiful condition, although there is one ding on the bottom center. The finish on the top and sides is in very good condition, other than one small spot where there's a piece of cork or something stuck to it. This piece has 10 drawers and measures 66" wide, 20" deep, and about 82" tall, including the mirror.
- Antique Oak Rocking Chair with Handwoven Cane in the back and seat, in very good condition.
- Fun Mid-Century 4-Drawer Dresser with typical narrow turned legs and simple brass pulls. Not marked, but stylistically it looks like "Dixie." 36" wide, 19" deep, 43" tall. In good sturdy condition with just a few scuffs to the original finish.
- Matching 6-Drawer Chest with Mirror, which is also in good sturdy condition with just a few scuffs from age. 54" wide, 19" deep, 61" tall, including the mirror. The mirror has a beveled edge and is mounted to the frame so you don't see wood around it.
- Handsome 2-Drawer Lateral File with attractive pulls and a nice Mahogany laminate.
- Handsome Large All-in-One Office Desk, Storage, and Media Cabinet. The base is covered with 2 doors and has a pull-out section for computer keyboard, as well as ordinary desk items, plus several drawers, including one locking section, and a power control panel. The top section is large enough for a computer monitor and other hardware and has tons of other organizer drawers and slots. The great thing is that you can close it up at the end of the day and hide all your work away behind pretty paneled doors. 55" wide, 25.5" deep, 82" tall. Moves in 2 pieces.
- Complete Nintendo Wii, Plus Wii Sports, Plus Wii Sports Resort. Appears to be still sealed in the original box. Includes the Wii Console, Remote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar, Adaptor Cable, and some disks.
- Second Lot of Wii, Including Wii Console #RVL-001, Cords, Remotes, Instruction Book, and more. Please see pictures for details.
- Third Lot of Wii, Including Another Wii Console #RVL-001, with Remotes, Controllers and Cables.
- Official Cabbage Patch Kids "Young Astronaut" Doll, in the original space capsule sales and display box, #3818. This astronaut is a black doll and the ID card we can see inside the package says his name is Flynn Tyrone, born on November 1st. The doll is in very good condition, with maybe a touch of mildew visible in the box. The box is in very good condition with the exception of one 3" tear on the back and is 29" tall.
- Wedding Party Midge Gift Set, NRFB (Never Removed from Box.) Includes a total of 2 men, 2 women and 2 children in box. Shows the date of 1990.
- Lot of 3 Different Madame Alexander Scarlett O'Hara Dolls, with 1 of the Original Boxes. Includes: Scarlett in the white wedding dress, Scarlett in the green dress made from the curtains, and the one in the box, has paperwork denoting her as "Black Mourning Scarlett." All 3 are in very good condition. The green one has been out on display and is a little dusty. These dolls are 21-22 inches tall.
- Lot of 6 Vintage Madame Alexander 8" dolls in the original boxes. 5 of them are "Dionne" dolls and one is the "Blast off 2000" doll. They're all in great condition, with their original paperwork.
- Danbury Mint Set of Princess Kate Bride, Prince William Groom, and Pippa Middleton Bridesmaid Dolls, New in the Original Box, with the outer packaging as well. All 3 appear to be new and never removed from box. Approx. 18" tall.
- Tonner "Kitty Collier as Scarlett O'Hara" Doll, in the original box, never removed, with the outer shipping box, as well. Approx. 18" tall.
- Tyler Wentworth, Tyler Signature, "Red Hair #99801" Doll, Never removed from box, with the original papers. Approx. 16" tall.
- Mattel "Annette Himstedt" Puppen Kinder Doll. From the "Faces of Friendship" Collection. Made in Spain. 26" Tall. In the original box with papers and the outer packing box. Her name is Lily Ann.
- Lot of 5 Effanbee Dolls from the Storybook Collection. Including: 4 from the Wizard of Oz, plus Goldilocks. We have the Wicked Witch, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow, and Goldilocks. All 5 appear to be never removed from box and are about 12"-13" tall.
- Lot of 7 pieces in Boxes from the Madame Alexander "Little Women Journals" Collection. All in the original boxes. Includes: Amy's Holiday Dress Set, which is clothing; Meg's Holiday Dress Set, which is also clothing; Jo's Holiday Dress Set, which is clothing; Meg's Holiday Outfit, which is clothing; the Beth Doll, in her school dress; the Meg Doll, in a dress; and the Amy Doll, in her picnic dress. The dolls are all about 16" tall.
- "Judy Garland in Easter Parade Doll", with the original tag. We do not have the original box, and the doll has been on display and she's got just a little bit of dirt on her. She's about 16" tall.
- Removed by Family
- 2 Original Planet of the Apes Dolls, sealed in their original packages. We have Zira, and Dr. Ziaus. These are in original 1967 packages, never opened.
- 2 Sets of Original Walton's Dolls, by Mego, from 1974. Includes Grandma and Grandpa in one box and John Boy and Mary Ellen in the other. Both in original packaging.
- Walt Disney's "Cinderella Special Edition Hidden Treasures Carriage" from 2004, in the original box, still sealed.
- Lot of 9 Jan Hagara Dolls, in 2 different sizes, in their original boxes. Including: Victoria, Amanda, Emily, Lisa and the Jumeau doll, Lydia and the Shirley Temple doll, and the smaller 4 are Lisa, Lydia, Jill, and Noel Christmas Ornaments.
- "Olivia Stone" Signed and Dated 1985 Cloth Sleeping Baby Doll, with an adorable handmade wooden cradle. It's in good physical condition, but it's been on display, so the doll is a little dusty and yellowed.
- 1970 Barbie Dune Buggy, with a couple of hard-drivin' Barbies, and several other Barbie, Ken, and siblings dolls, with a great big sackful of clothing and a cigar box full of accessories.
- Original Acrylic Painting on Canvas of a Sailboat. With a label on the back indicating that it won 1st place at the Anderson County Fair in 1976, and it's marked on the frame "Joan O'Steen Hill." 22" x 26" in the frame.
- GI Joe Jeep Combat Set, plus the GI Joe Space Capsule. The Combat Set has the original instructions and Joe. The Space Capsule has the space suit, but there is some damage to the bottom of the capsule.
- Signed, Framed Print of the Red-Tailed Hawk, by Guy Coheleach, in very good condition. Measures 27" x 32" in the frame.
- Signed, Framed Print of a Female Lion Head, by Guy Coheleach, in very good condition. Measures 29" x 26" in the frame.
- Matching Signed, Framed Print of the Male Lion Head, by Guy Coheleach, with matching frame and matting. Measures 29" x 26" in the frame.
- Gorgeous Antique 3-Drawer Dresser, with Pennsylvania Dutch Styling and fluted faux columns on the sides. In very good condition, it just looks like something has been spilled on the front of the bottom drawer. Sits on wheels.
- Antique Metal Stereoscope, in a Carry Box, with several dozen dual-image photos. The lid of the box says "Deutschland im Raumbild", and has come loose on one corner but it's in good condition other than that.
- Lot of 28 Handpainted Metal Figurines from England, made up of pieces from 2 different groups. The first group is the box in the top of the photo, which is the #93 "All the Queen's Men" Group, by Britain's Petite Limited. The second set is from the "William Britain" Collector's Club. They are all in excellent condition.
- Big Lot of 12-, 15-, 20-, and 30-cent DC Comics. Includes: Several Wonder Woman and Anthro comics, plus Plastic Man, Green Lantern, Ghosts, Metal Men, and More. These are in well-read condition, without bags or boards.
- Huge lot of Gold Key Comics, including: Turok, Tarzan, Lost in Space, Korak, Dr. Spektor, Twilight Zone, Ripley's, Boris Karloff, and a bunch of Disney's--Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. About 50 comics in all. These are in well-read condition, without bags or boards.
- Huge Lot of Mixed Charleton and Harvey and Gold Key Comics, including: Casper, Wendy, Smokey the Bear, Richie Rich, Flintstones, Little Dot, Little Lulu, Ghostly Tales, Phantom, Strange Planets, etc. See photos for details. These are also in well-read condition, without bags or boards, and are mostly 12-, 15-, and 20-cents.
- Another Lot of DC Comics, in the 12-, 15-, 20-, and 25-cent range, plus a group of Archies. Including: Superman, Superboy, Lois Lane, Jimmie Olson, Witching Hour, Weird War, Etc. About 16 comics altogether, all in well-read condition, without bags or boards.
- Lovely Handmade, Hand Quilted, Wedding Ring Quilt, in very good condition. Approx. 74" x 88".
- Set of 8 Adorable Lusterware Snack Sets, by Oremont of Bavaria. The plates and outside of the cups are a glossy gold, and the inside of the cups is also shiny. In very good overall condition.
- Fabulous Antique Electrified Oil Lamp with a Bronze Cherub Base, and a Handpainted "Gone with the Wind" Globe on top. 31" tall. In very good condition.
- J1 Three Sterling Silver Charm Bracelets and dozens of Silver charms! The charms emphasize famous monuments and places. Fun lot!
- J2 Nice Lot of Southwestern Turquoise Jewelry, including chunky turquoise Necklace; a silver necklace with swirly silver and turquoise pendant; a silver and turqoise Cross signed LL on the back, and a small wire wrap ring. There is also a vintage Concho belt; it's the only item without turquoise.
- J3 Cute lot of Southwestern style Costume Jewelry including a silver toned Squash Blossom Necklace; a similar ring with 3 stones and a feather necklace. The big Bolo Tie has a nice piece of turquoise and may actually be silver; it has an interesting mark on the back.
- J4 Lot of 10 Vintage Watches from a handsome gold tone Jacques Provard, to Casio, to Citizen and others. See photos for details. All need batteries.
- J5 An Accutron Quartz 25-year Presentation Pocket Watch with Chain, from Union Carbide, from 1982. It is personalized but we have obscured the name for privacy reasons
- J6 Lot of 4 Sterling Silver Bangles and 2 pairs of southwestern Earrings. One of the bangles is hand-wrought from a Williamsburg Jeweler and the other three have nice stamped designs overall. The earrings are silver color but not marked. One pair is birds with Turquoise inlay and the other has turquoise and little flower drops.
- J7 14k Diamond, Ruby and Emerald Ring in 14k Yellow Gold, size 7.5. This is a vintage ring and the shank is thin but the stones are all present and sparkly!
- J8 14k Yellow Gold 18" Chain with a 10k yellow gold pendant set with 3 CZ's in a pretty braid pattern of gold.
- J9 Lot of 3 14k Yellow gold Bracelets, each about 7" long, and a pair of 14k yellow gold earrings. The bracelet in the middle is from Italy and the 2 matching ones on the side are from Peru. Total weight 23.7 grams.
- A Rare Token from the 1914 Mid-Pacific Carnival in Honolulu, featuring an early image of Surfer on the front and the seal of Hawaii on the back. Sometimes known as a type of "Hawaii dollar" we think this is HK-721
- Lot of NINE Pocket Knives including a Case XX 3-blade; a rare 2-blade from the 1933 Chicago World's Fair; 2 from the Chattanooga Wheelbarrow Company; one shaped like a boat from Venice, Italy; one from the Berliss Bearing Co, and 3 more with pretty pearly handles. Most have a little rust.
TAG SALE LISTING (These items – and many more we didn’t manage to list – will be on sale at Tagged Prices when the sale opens Friday at 1 PM)
After 200 hours preparation in the home, we finally emptied the last of the closets on Sunday! We found things we didn’t know we had including:
A dozen more Barbies, including Rosie O’Donnel Barbie (yes, that’s real)
2 dozen more other dolls including another Scarlet and Rhett pairing (that makes about 6)
Hot Wheels cars. We knew we had track sets; now we have dozens of cars. And 2 or 3 cases.
Quilts. We are up to about a dozen nice, old hand-made quilts.
Fire King Lusterware, Blenko, Vaseline glass etc. This all emerged from a bathroom closet!
Sci-Fi Books. The library is huge here but we noticed a good assortment of sci-fi in the mix.
Nice Oval Mahogany Dining Table with 2 leaves
Several Small Bookshelves
Queen Anne Curio Table
Unusual very narrow Antique Chair, with a tall back
Assorted Side Tables
Cute Corner Accent Table
Hammered Metal Trunk
Painted Metal Trunk
Pretty Italian Inlay Jewelry Box on legs
Huge Pair of Outrageously Retro Lamps
Chinese Stone Picture in a folding panel
Silver Overlay Vase
Painted Nippon Powder Jar and Hair Receiver
Celluloid Dresser Set
Lusterware Tea Set
Stencilled Child’s Rocker
Short Curio Shelf
Pretty Floral Loveseat
Oak TV Trays
Toleware TV Trays
Pretty Cherry Queen Anne Coffee Table
Salmon-colored Queen Anne Wingback Chair
Vintage Folding Rocking Chair
Full-Size Bedframe with Bookshelf Headboard
Mixture of Antique, Cane Bottom, and Ladderback Chairs, In unique and interesting designs
Mahogany Queen Sized Bedframe with Mattress and Box Springs
Round 3-Tier Accent Table
Gorgeous Rice-Carved Cherry Poster Bed, in beautiful shape, but as of writing we have not found the rails
Empire Style Antique Armchair
Full-Size Mahogany Bedframe with Pineapple Carved Finials
Nice White Daybed with second trundle twin underneath
Several Vintage Rocking Chairs, not shown in pics
6-Sided Center Accent Table
Pair of Antique Twin Beds with Rails
4-Drawer File Cabinet
3 Laminate Panel Storage Cabinets
Antique 3-Drawer Chest
This home has the largest collection of dolls that we’ve ever offered in one home. There’s a huge variety of dolls, plus dollhouse furniture and other accessories, as well as the fine quality display cases that you can see in some of the photos. 90% of the dolls are in the tag sale, with prices ranging from $3-$50, and there are several specialty dolls in the online auction, as well. Many of the dolls in the tag sale have their boxes, though you will have to match them up. Included are:
Antique dolls, including porcelain, bisque, and composite
Vintage dolls, by Uneeda, Madame Alexander, Knowles, Robin Wood, P.T.N., Ellen Cinders, Lee Middleton, Silvestri, Gorham, Lawton, Ashton Drake, and many more
Folk and Handmade dolls, including corn shuck, dried apple, Sunbeam dolls, Edith Schmidt, and lots of adorable folk dolls from other countries
50+ Barbie dolls, including Holiday Barbies from 1990 forward, and several special edition and foreign country Barbies. There’s an “I Dream of Jeannie”, “Totally Hair”, “Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara”, “Teacher Barbie” and many more. (Barbie prices range from $10-$25.
There’s a remarkable number of Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler dolls, from different makers, many of which are in the online auction.
There are dozens of stuffed animals, in addition to dolls
Several crates of Doll Reader Magazine and several other doll magazines and catalogs
In doll accessories, we have 4 different wooden rocking horses, several cradles, and several totes full of doll furniture, both assembled and new-in-box kits
As of listing, there’s at least 100 more boxes of dolls and doll material that we still have to open
The doll room is extremely crowded, so please be patient if you’re coming to look
All kinds of Decorator Pillows
Dozens of Interesting Baskets
Truly Astonishing Number of Quilts, Blankets, Afghans, Throws, Etc
Equally Amazing Volume of Sheet Sets, Washcloths, Towels, Etc
Gazillions of boxes of bathroom supplies, including makeup and brushes, toiletries, lotions, shampoos, medical supplies, etc, etc
Multitudes of every size of plastic tote, from shoebox up to 4′ long
Multitude of plastic drawer organizer totes
Healthometer, Dr. office-style upright scale
Woven Laundry Hamper
Big selection of office supplies and stationary
Lots of Fun Vintage Luggage
Bissel Little Green ProHeat Pet Carpet Steamer
Hardware Organizer Boxes
World’s Fare Glasses
Campbell’s Soup Cups
Salt and Peppers
Dozens of Collectible Candy Tins
Mattel “Off to see the Wizard” Scarecrow Jack in the Box
Green Hornet Lunchbox
“Have Lunch with Snoopy” Lunchbox with Thermos
Handsome Assortment of Leatherbound Classic Books from the International Collector’s Library
Amazing Unicorn Collection, with Unicorns made from every kind of material, and unicorns sewed or painted onto every kind of material
Carnival Glass Nappy and Tumbler
2 Nice Multi-sectioned Hanging Shadowbox Display Frames
GM Executive Reel to Reel Tape Recorder
GM Executive Sunstrand Vintage Adding Machine
Smith Corona Typewriter with a metal typewriter stand
Antique Dough Box with lid that lifts up on both sides
Crazy Variety of Themed Trash Cans, from Peanuts to Disney and more
Oak Treasure Chest
Big Stack of Life Magazines
World’s Fair Pennants
Huge Assortment of VHS tapes, including dozens and dozens of collectible Disney movies, as well as lots of other popular movies
Assorted Wii Games and Balance Boards
Assorted DVDs and CDs Galore
Assorted Collectible Medicine Bottles
Giant Stack of Vintage and Older National Geographics
Crate Full of Maps and other paraphernalia gleaned from family clippings
Crate Full of Old McCalls and Other Crafty Magazines
Postcards from around the world
Sacks Full of Green and Top Value Stamps
Crate Full of Miscellaneous Photos, Playbills and Scripts from the Oak Ridge Playhouse, most decades old
Underwood Champion Typewriter in the original box
What appears to be the original Sears Catalog from 1921
Bunch of info from the Oak Ridge Kennel Club, covering many years
Several Boxes of Vintage Mason Jars
Antique Glass Insulators, including one in milk glass
“O” Scale Train Set
Old Wooden Crates
Assortment of Jack and Jill Comics
Other Miscellaneous Comics
Huge Collection of Russian Matryoshka, or Nesting Dolls, plus Laquer Boxes and other adorable Russian toys. There are some especially collectible ones here, like the Yeltsin with a collection of Russian presidents and tsars, and the Bill Clinton with figures from his administration
Assortment of Precious Moments Dolls in the original box
Assortment of Marvel Comics
Assortment of MAD Magazines
Adorable Santa Claus Christmas Quilt
Crewel Work Tapestry of the Tree of Life
Crewel Work Tree Full of Owls
In addition to the full sets of China in the online auction, there are partial sets and assorted cups and saucers.
Bohemian Aperif Glasses
Huge Assortment of Silverplate Serving Pieces, including a pretty tea set, water pitcher, vintage serving pieces, trays ++
Assortment of Sterling Silver Serving Pieces
Punch Bowl and Cups
Candleabras and Candle Holders
Adorable Set of China with Ducks, by International
Crystal and Pretty Pressed Glass Serving Pieces
Berry Bowls from Ireland with Celtic Designs
Cookie Molds and Cookie Cutters
Set of Christmas Dishes
Several Vintage Glass Water Dishes
Wooden Bread Box
Copper Coffee Mugs
Several Partial Sets of Flatware
Vintage Refrigerator Dishes
Vintage Square Wood Canister Set with Roosters
Vintage Children’s and Baby Dishes
Penguin Bun Warmer
Vintage Aluminum Canisters
2 Unicorn Teapots
Collectible Salt and Peppers
Unicorn Coffee Mug Collection
Vintage Stamped Aluminum Serveware
Dozens of Collectible Table Plates
Belgian Waffle Maker
Tons of Tupperware
Vintage Aluminum Drinking Cups
Manhattan Pattern Serving Bowl
Sterling Salt and Peppers
Blue Ridge Pottery
Partial Set of Heinrich and Co. China from Bavaria
Several Pieces of Cornflower Blue Corning Ware
Kitchenaid Canister Set and Cake Plate
3 Different Mixers, including a couple really old retro ones
Dozens of Adorable Vintage Aprons and Adorable Vintage Tea Towels
Racks and Totes of Tablecloths, Placemats and Napkins
Dozens of Cookbooks
Crock Pot new in box
Vintage Chrome Toaster
Ice Cream Maker, new in box
Adorable Vintage Spice Set, in the shape of books
Matching Salt Box and Spoon Holder with Chickens on them
Tons of skeins of yarn
Sewing notions, patterns, thread +++
Ott Lights and other crafting lights
Several Totes and Boxes of Remnants
Several Totes and Boxes of Knitting Needles and Sewing Supplies
Many Many Beautiful Women’s Clothes, in Sizes Large-2X, in every style imaginable, from Formal to Casual, Seasonal, Sparkly, etc
Nice Women’s Shoes in Sizes 8-9
Couple of Dozen Cool Hats, including a great assortment from our client’s “Red Hat” collection
Vintage Baby and Children’s clothes
There are several bookcases in the house, but in the basement in particular, there are 8 book bays crammed with books on every subject imaginable. Please see pics for spines.
Big Selection of Record Albums
Huge Assortment of Vintage Board Games, from Planet of the Apes and Cootie, to Winnie the Pooh, and Trouble.
Fisher Price Family Playhouse
Star Wars Puzzles
Suzie Homemaker Kitchen–Stove, Dishwasher and Sink
Lincoln Logs, in boxes
Tote Full of Wooden Blocks
Marx Knight in Armor, with Horse
Steve Canyon Jet Helmet (Box Only)
Evel Kneivel Stunt Cycle (Box Only)
Hot Wheels Wipe Out Race Game
Hot Wheels Laguna Oval Set
Hot Wheels Speedometer
Dozens of Hot Wheel Cars, in and out of box
Hot Wheels Collectible Round Plates
Early American Dolls, in package
Erector Set pieces
Several Boxes full of completely random toys and game parts
Barbie Family House with a bunch of Barbie contents in it
1989 Barbie Fashion Trunk
GI Joe “Search for the Stolen Idol”
Double Deckers Lunch Box with Thermos
Cox 049 Engine Powered “Stinger” Funny Car, with box
Chewbacca Plush Doll
Vintage Hopper Car Metal Toy
Several Jeeps and Trucks by Tonka and other great toymakers
Vintage Snow Sled
Vintage “Chatty Baby” box with tons of doll kitchen toys
Playskool Musical Busy Box
Vintage Roller Skates
Vintage Realistic Stereo
Pair of Vintage Speakers
Dremel Tool plus Attachments
Yard and Hand Tools
Crazy Volume of Christmas–seriously the entire back wall of the garage, 4 shelves high and 2 totes deep–Christmas, Christmas, Christmas! Just in time!
SEVEN SEAS ESTATE SALES
865 765 3514