Appraisals and Liquidations
Appraisals and Liquidations was founded in 2004 by Janis R. Scott, after retiring from the banking Trust sector where she was a liaison between clients and fiduciaries. Ginney E. McCuin has a degree in Interior Design and worked in the antique market before joining with the company in 2016. In 2020 Janis transferred ownership to Ginney and retired from the day to day business in December 2022. Ginney continues with the company motto " We tie up loose ends with care and compassion".
We tie up loose ends with care and compassion.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 280.
Our experienced and dedicated team understands the difficulties families have dealing with the loss of loved ones or major life changes. We understand that an estate embodies a family's curation, lovingly collected over decades. These collections represent memories that are as important to us, as to you our client.
The stress of tying up business and personal affairs is often compounded by tight timelines and/or external factors impacting the end goal. Our mission is to help to reduce this stress, and oversee every aspect of the process.
We assess, coordinate and organize the distribution or sale of personal property of an estate.
Appraisals and Liquidations can oversee, direct and manage the following:
- Appraisals and/or valuations of personal property
- Document shredding
- Shipping of items designated to go to others
- Pack, transport, and deliver items to donation centers and/or alternate locations
- Gather trash/debris and transport to landfill
- Assist in decluttering the residence
- Staging residence for resale
- Facilitate the sale of personal property and vehicles to private parties or through a public estate sale
At our estate sales we ask that our customers please follow these guidelines:
- No food, drink or pets are allowed, and we have a no smoking policy - out of respect for our clients and their property.
- All backpacks and large bags or totes will be held at the register.
- Please do not block neighbors driveway.
- Please Note: We are not responsible for any items left behind! We will keep your forgotten item(s) with the cashier until the end of the day and then return to inventory if not retrieved by end of the day. We will not refund forgotten items.
- All items that have been purchased must be removed by end of sale.
- All Sales are Final - No Refunds.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BOXES, WRAPPING MATERIALS, BAGS AND MUSCLE TO LOAD LARGE & HEAVY ITEMS.
IF YOU REQUIRE HELP IN MOVING LARGE ITEMS TO YOUR VEHICLE THERE WILL BE A $20 FEE.
BUYERS ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED
WHEN REMOVING ITEMS FROM THE HOUSE.
Thank you for your understanding and shopping with us!