Our Upcoming Sales: updated April 08, 2020
Sales are confirmed and will occur as soon as the stay-at-home order is lifted and it is safe to conduct in-person sales. Thank You for your patience! The sale ads are up and pictures are posted to view.
1. Cockeysville Sale: large home with incredible contents.And tools!
2. Timonium Sale: HUGE 8400 square foot home, absolutely loaded with great items. Lots of hand-carved & inlaid furniture brought over from India 25 years ago. Entire contents of home are for sale-they are not taking a thing!
3. Greenspring Valley Sale: incredible custom built home in the valley. High-end furnishings and decor items.
**GUARANTEED SAME-DAY RETURN CALL WHEN YOU CONTACT US DIRECTLY TO REQUEST INFORMATION ON HANDLING YOUR SALE!
* NOTE: While it states that we have been a member on here since 2013, we have actually been handling estate sales on a full-time basis since 2009, just under a previous company name.
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 2232.
We are truly located in Baltimore, MD. We know our immediate Baltimore market and our customer following is from the Baltimore market. Our home office is located in Hunt Valley, MD 21030 and we handle sales throughout the area: Baltimore, York, Cockeysville, Bel Air, Reisterstown, Owings Mills, Hunt Valley, Hereford, Westminster, Dundalk, Catonsville, Towson, Perry Hall, Parkville, Timonium, Parkton, Glen Arm, Monkton... and most other areas. If your sale is in Baltimore/Harford/Carroll County or Baltimore City, our company is the one to choose. We know the people, neighborhoods and pricing!
In-home estate / tag sales are a stress free and convenient way of liquidating merchandise for various reasons: to settle a family estate; relocating from a house to an apartment or assisted-living space; bankruptcies or foreclosures; mergers and acquisitions and those who just want to start over.
Our estate / tag sales are an open house for antique buyers and dealers, collectors, decorators, bargain hunters seeking treasures to re-sell and casual shoppers out to purchase gently-used personal, home and/or office items for sale in a casual and friendly atmosphere. We do everything possible to make every sale a success by utilizing our vast advertising & marketing methods which lead to successful sales. There are no upfront costs to you. Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland handles over 40 estate / tag sales each year...we have the expertise and motivation to make your sale a huge success.
How Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland is different than other companies:
1. Experience: over 25 years experience in sales & marketing, have been running estate sales for over 9 years as a full-time job and our team has extensive knowledge in antiques and collectibles.
2. Buyer base: we have a proprietary database of over 2300 email addresses of previous buyers at our sales.
3. Advertising: we heavily advertise your estate sale. We utilize multiple online sites and resources, extensive social media (Facebook/Twitter/NextDoor...) advertising, proprietary email database, professionally made road/directional signs & strategic marketing. Our online advertising reaches over 23,000 people/per sale and we average 300-500 Customers attending every one of our weekend sales. Unlike other companies, we always post well over 150 pictures of sale items and your sale is always listed for at least one week in advance of the sale date.
4. Professionalism: unlike a lot of other companies, we take the time to professionally set-up, stage and display all sale items. Our photographs show the items neatly organized for easy access. We do not merely post pictures of the things where they lay in the attic or basement.
The first rule: Do not throw out or donate anything, almost everything is able to be sold by us.
Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland is a team with well over 40 years experience with antiques, collectibles, sales, marketing, artwork and estate & general sales. As a family-owned service, we have expertise in many specific areas: furniture, china, linens, artwork, glassware, rugs, silver, time pieces, tools, outdoor equipment and others. Our employees are experienced, courteous, considerate and highly proficient. Absolute Estate Sales of Maryland will take all the work and emotion out of handling your entire estate, while maximizing on time and revenue. Our previous customer email database contains over 2300 addresses and we average between 300-500 visitors at each of our sales. We average 2-3 estate sales each month, so we definitely have the desired experience. We are experts at organizing, staging, displaying, marketing and selling. We take the time and heavily advertise your sale for maximum exposure, attendance and sales. We post at least 150 pictures of your sale items and also list specific pieces individually. In addition to professionally printed street signs, posted at strategic intersections for maximum visibility.
There are many reasons why the family home may need to be sold and the possessions liquidated such as the death of a loved one, moving into assisted living, a "life changing" event with the need for a smaller residence or the need for professional health care, downsizing, foreclosure or moving.
There are several approaches, but it is a proven fact that an in-home estate sale is the best option for selling valued personal property (antiques, collectibles, art, jewelry, silver, crystal, china, furniture, rugs, etc.). Unlike sending your items to auction, there are no transportation or storage fees, we control the pricing not the buyers and you receive payment within one business week instead of waiting for a month or more. We know the market and price each item fairly, in order to earn the most for our Client, while ensuring that most items sell.
Families and executors need to take into consideration a number of important concerns:
TIME - it will take a considerable amount of time to organize a successful sale.
DETACHMENT - selling family heirlooms and memories can be very difficult.
PRICING - a wide range of knowledge will be needed to price antiques, art, collectibles, and every day household items.
EQUIPMENT - display cases, display shelving, tables and covers, packing materials, highly noticeable street signs, etc.
EXPERIENCE - knowledge of how to run a successful estate sale such as placing ads, times and days to hold the sale.
ENERGY - moving furniture, packing and unpacking boxes, arranging and pricing of items.
SELLING - being comfortable and knowledgeable negotiating with dealers, strangers, even neighbors and family.
Before the sale:
-We display and organize all the furniture and items for sale
-Every item is priced to obtain the highest fair market value attainable
-Research is conducted to substantiate our asking price
-All marketing and advertising is placed on your behalf
-Our advertising features pictures of items for sale and provides directions
-Advance notice is given via e-mail to our extensive database of previous customers, dealers, and designers
-Professional, custom directional signs are placed to guide buyers to the home
During the sale:
-Customers are greeted promptly by courteous staff
-Home is maintained and constantly "spruced up"
-All sales are recorded by our dedicated cashier
-Sold items are carefully removed from your home
-Counterfeit currency detectors are used by our cashier
After the sale:
-You are provided with the sale recap (detailed spreadsheet listing item sold/price)
-Prompt payment to you via check within 5-7 business days of the sale conclusion (items routinely sell days after the actual estate sale)
We are experienced in all aspects of estate sales and sell the entire contents of the home, from furniture to household cleaning products.