NOW BOOKING FOR ALL DATES AFTER JULY 2022! May, June and July are booked solid!
We are New Beginnings Estate Sales of SW MO
the ONLY true Estate Tag Sale Company for the Joplin Metro area and SW MO.
This sale description was copied from EstateSales.NET on 5/19/2022 (252-50-2:13:14 AM). Please check there for accurate up-to-date information (236-3).
UPDATED! AS of May 2022, we have handled over 170+ estate sales since 2015 alone. We are the #1 Estate Sale Company in SW MO, voted over and over by our customers and clients! Our buyers beg for our sales weekend and week out. Choose the best!
What is a tag sale?
- Different from an auction, the sale takes place WITHIN the home itself. Our company sets up the entire house to be just like a store for a more complete shopping experience for the customer. Different from an auction, all items are TAGGED and PRICED, so that when the customers come thru, they can either purchase the item, or keep on shopping. At an auction, you run the risk of a low crowd attendance, all items being out on the lawn, weather, and low bidder morale. At a tag sale, weather is never an issue, people who come to a tag sale are true buyers willing to spend money and value their time to not have to stand all day at an auction, AND... most of a importantly, your items and family are honored with dignity and respect with care put into the sale itself.
- We cover all of the SW Mo area, from Lamar to Monet, to Mt Vernon to Joplin, into the Baxter Springs, KS, Pittsburg, KS and Galena KS areas. But do understand, the more rural you are, the less traffic you have in attendance.
- While a majority of our sales are local, we have had great success going into smaller towns in rural areas. Often times, those areas only see auctions, so a fresh spin on sales is to have an Estate Sale.
- Our commission structure is discussed by phone only.
- You do not pay us anything up front... most companies require or ask that you pay for the advertising up front. WE DO NOT! We work hard from start to finish, and request nothing up front.
- Marketing is a huge MUST to ensure that a successful sale takes place. There are other companies in the Joplin Metro area who do not do any promotions or advertising and rely only on free print media to promote the sale! Not us! Our customers repeatedly tell us how well our advertising works. When parking is a problem, you know we advertised correctly!
- A $150 advertising fee is charged to the seller at the end of the sale. This is taken directly from the proceeds of the sale. We ask that the seller pay a portion of the advertising to help offset the large cost of print material. We utilize the Joplin Globe Classifieds as our biggest expenditure to run not only a Wednesday teaser ad, but also run a 3-4 day 2X6" ad in the garage sale section for 3-4 consecutive days. We also use the 2nd largest publication in the area, The Big Nickel, by way of their auction section. While there is cost to having a sale for advertisement, we also utilize Facebook with our company page "New Beginnings Estate Sales of SW MO" (which has over 8000+ followers and likes) and Craigslist Joplin and Craigslist Springfield. Sometimes, if we have the need to advertise in other towns, due to the uniqueness of items at the sale, we will go so far as to put the ads in KC, Tulsa, and NW Arkansas.
- Our Facebook Page is growing by leaps and bounds. if you hire a company that is not on Facebook, then they are doing you a complete disservice. We are the ONLY company in the SW MO area that has over 8000+ followers on Facebook. Just think, that's 8000+ people who are being told about your sale. Plus, if they like our page, that means their friends are seeing your ad to! Market exposure on Facebook is HUGE! A lot of our competition has less than 500 followers.
- Craigslist is HUGE! and FREE! we promote our sales 2 weeks in advance to let buyers know where, when and what we will have to sell.
BUYOUTS: New Beginnings now offers buyouts of entire homes, partial estates, or individual pieces. Depending on the situation or time frame, it may be necessary to do only a buyout... where we offer to buy out the contents of the home, pack it up, and haul it away. While we do not charge you a commission for this service, we do price the contents in a fair way to make you as the customer feel that you were treated fairly. Please do keep in mind that buyouts are performed on a timeline that we can fit into our current schedules. We will do our best to accommodate any timelines given, but this will also be reflected in the negotiated priced for the estate. (AS of May 2022, we are now 2 months out on buyouts)
We do all the setup, prep work, cleaning of items, sorting, rummaging around the yard for lawn and garden items, and staging the property to have the best results possible... to sell it all! We also have options available for the tear down after the sale is over, whether it be via donation, consignment of larger ticket items, or an offer for buyout of remainder of contents.
We do not charge a consultation fee! Call us today!
Not only do we handle sales for those that have passed, but we also perform Downsizing, Moving out of state, and even the ugly word "divorce" sales. Each sale presents its own challenges but we are capable to handle the situation!
The owner of New Beginnings Estate Sales of SWMO, LLC is also a local licensed Realtor with Pro 100 Inc., Realtors out of Joplin. Michael, a licensed Realtor for 18 years, is an agent you can put your trust in, to not only liquidate your content needs, but also have a one stop shop to liquidate the home as well. Regular real estate services and commissions do apply as this is a separate area of expertise.
"When our parents passed away within eight weeks of each other our family was over whelmed. We had 28 years of accumulation to go through. Michael came to our parent’s home and assured us he could help. We set our date and Michael and his staff did all of the work. Michael arranges everything including finding someone to take items that are left or unwanted. He makes sure your items are fairly priced by staying up with current market values. I am completely satisfied that our family chose New Beginnings Estate Sales to help during a difficult time." -Kristen Fearnow 11/13/2017 (Joplin Sale)
"We were overwhelmed at our mom's recent passing, and the last thing we wanted to think about was getting rid of mom's things. But Michael and his crew stepped in and took over the process of liquidating my mothers house, plus he listed the home to! It was a weight off our already tired shoulders for Michael to do the sale. Mom knew she was going to need to have a sale and was thrilled when we told her who would be doing it for the estate when she passed and she 'approved'!" - Clarissa McCoy (4/22/2018) Webb City Sale
"Michael and his team were awesome! We couldn't have asked for someone better to do our parents sale. It was a rough home to work in... condition wise and we knew that going in. Unfortunately the emotions were to high for us as the family to do the work, so we hired New Beginnings to do the set up, selling, and tear down. We walked in at the end to an empty home. And were thrilled with the proceeds and process! More than we had expected to get." -Bottoroff Family (7/20/2018) Joplin