J & K ANTIQUES AND ESTATE SALES, LLC
BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ENDORSED 2013
My wife (Kim) and I (Jim) have evaluated estate contents and conduct estate (Tag) sales and on-site auctions of estates, since 1994 in the Schenectady, Albany, Troy and Saratoga region of Upstate New York. In the Midwest from 1980-1993 we bought and sold antiques, and participated in regional Antique Shows in the Minneapolis area. Kim's mother was a well known antique dealer in Minnesota and we learned from her picking, then pricing then selling at shows.
Before you throw anything out, call us!
- We provide top to bottom sale of your stuff, with special expertise in all types of glassware, pottery, furniture (Period, Deco and Retro), vintage clothing & jewelry, fishing and other sports gear, crafts from Native American to Rare Books, Art Deco, Contemporary & Fine Art.
- Our network of experts provides added coverage of the vast secondary market for furniture, safes, tools, motorized vehicles and architectural items, providing evaluations, market conditions/strategies and ethical advice regarding historic preservation. Our professional links include regional & "high-end" dealers, auction houses and fine art galleries in the NYC, Beverly Hills/LA, Boston, Maine and Miami markets.
- We respect our client's needs for a timely sale, while taking necessary steps to organize, research and gauge fair market values and prices on items prior to a sale. We take special pride in the arrangement and overall presentation of the contents of your estate at the sale itself.
- We provide a detailed contract with fees for our evaluation and sale services. Unsold goods are presented to secondary dealers and auction houses at your option. A wall-to-wall clean-out is facilitated, should that be desired. We work with closing dates on house contracts to assure the premises is in the desired condition as required.
- To maximize sale of your stuff we use Internet advertising through our subscription to national estatesales.org and estatesales.net web sites. Endorsed by Better Business Bureau in 2013. In addition, we are members of business networks and auction archives that accommodate liquidation of merchandise from estates. We have an extensive library of reference books on styles, values and secondary market sources. We use "eBay", "Craigslist" and similar emerging information & sales resources when appropriate.
- Our sales are posted on "Facebook" and other selected social e-networks. We have a growing network of 50 + dealers and buyers who attend most of our sales.
- We have NY State sales tax permit to collect & pay sales taxes as required. The day(s) of the sale we provide appropriate staffing (cashier & sales staff), way-finding signs. We implement crowd controls and security on-premises.
- We recommend a preview of your sale items at no charge; no obligation. During our visit we have a conversation about a sale strategy for your unique situation (types of sales, prep time, advertising options, best dates, length of sale and end-of-sale options). The walk-through allows us both to gauge each other and the possible business arrangements.
- On-site auction services are also available and are increasingly popular in the present economy. We have experience with several licensed auctioneers to maximize profits by creating "the market" for your items. A buyer's premium covers his fee.
- We follow-up our preliminary conversation with a written contract for review. References from prior sales are available upon request.
- We sell/auction large items such as houses, cars, tractors and related equipment, saving significant costs usually associated with multiple listing, brokers, realtors and banks. Our fees for the sale such large items are a negotiated percentage of the sale price. Your protection, as with all auctions, is to place a "reserve price," below which we will not sell an item.
- We also arrange the sale at highest prices -- within 18% of spot market for gold, silver and other precious metals. Our resource examines diamonds and precious stones in estate jewelry for additional $$. We provide direct analysis, of weight and current spot market prices for your decision regarding their sale for cash. Fees for these services are disclosed prior to removing any item(s).
It'll be sunny (we hope)! Temp 224.
Call or e-mail:
Cell Phone: 518-488-4273 (Jim) or 518-488-4271 (Kim)
James M Schaefer, Ph.D.
Kimberly T. Schaefer
And family members Michael (23) Mike Schaefer Photo & Mikayla (20) Lead our staff of experienced, trained professionals and security folks.